Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:47 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
An answer probably is too subtle and complex for you.

We [society and government] decide that some behavior, like killing someone, using drugs, smoking, free speech, is ok, less ok, or not ok, depending on the circumstances. I don't particularly care if a woman has 1, 5, 10 abortions, but it's perfectly reasonable if a pro-lifer regretfully tolerates abortion in cases of forced, criminal acts and abhors it when the pregnancy is caused by the irresponsibility of the sexmates.

a bit subjective and judgmental in a cavalier way towards a woman. as others have suggested your "pregnancy caused by irresponsibility" reeks of punishment. not your business how a woman got pregnant the result is the same. it is also her responsibility and life to make a choice for her self.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:55 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
As I predicted, the answer is too subtle and complex for you.""""

LOL! No answer so try insults and excuses.....

"""It's ok and legal to kill in self defense. The killer and others can still regret that the act took place.

Yep, nine old men who didn't mind women enjoying sex set the rules.
Here's the facts (don't be scared!)

An abortion in the case of pregnancy due to rape or incest is EXACTLY the same thing as an abortion due to enjoyable sex.

The procedure is the SAME. The reults are the SAME.

If Anti-choicers believe abortion is murder than they CONDONE murder in the case of abortion due to rape or incest.

They want women who enjoyed the sex to have THEIR right to abortion taken away...a PUNISHMENT.

These Anti-Choicers must NOT believe in god because they think THEY are god...

I don't believe abortion is murder (and neither does society/government/Supreme Court/law of the land) so I believe anyone who wants an abortion should have the right to one...

That's because I am NOT a two-faced power crazed misogynistic weasel.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:48 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Just a side issue.

The anti-choice brigade has been against the morning-after pill because they believe that it works by causing an early abortion. Turns out the science now shows that this is NOT how it works.

How Morning-After Pills Really Work - NYTimes.com

Quote:
the latest scientific findings and expert opinion indicate that the pills work by delaying ovulation so that sperm can’t fertilize an egg to create an embryo.
Thus, if they really want to prevent abortion, they should be making sure that all women have easy and free access to the morning-after pill which prevents the embryo from becoming an embryo at all.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Who said anything about married women refusing to have sex? The writer implied that there are no men willing to marry women who do not have sex BEFORE marriage as they might end up in a sexless relationship. That's like saying I won't have children before I have an abortion first so I'll know what it feels like to be pregnant!
No, she didn't imply any such thing. Here is what she said:

Stop lecturing women about not having sex. You are nobody in their lives. The man that they are married to, or dating, he's somebody in their lives. He's somebody they want to please. He's somebody who's going to want to have sex, who's going to try to persuade the woman to have sex, who's going to demand sex or end the relationship. All of you who insist that women shouldn't be having sex are wilfully being blind to reality. Women in their late teens and through their twenties are looking for the love of their lives, for the man they want to spend the rest of their lives with. They are not going to refuse to have sex with men, because men aren't going to put up with a sexless relationship.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Why do women stay with men who are lousy lays?
Crude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Don't they teach biology in school anymore?
When I was in high school, biology did not include anything about human reproduction, nor did "health" class.

Quote:
Abortionists like yourself are more comfortable with the term "fetus" which is why I used it, for your benefit. As I said before, if a woman doesn't want to become pregnant, she should stick to BJ's. If that's not enough for her (it is for most men) then she should be prepared to carry the BABY to term. Women ARE the breeders of the human race, whether you care to recognize that God given anatomical feature, or not. In fact, I say, great, have your abortions but get sterilized at the same time so that the human race won't needlessly suffer the replication of such cold and heartless DNA.
Here we go again, blaming the woman! I note, for the record, you make no distinction between married and unmarried women, young women or middle aged (but still young enough to get pregnant) women, just "women".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no they don't count. most anti choicers say the lives of women who die when abortion is illegal from back alley or self inflicted abortions are justified casualties because they are saving a "baby" compassionate eh?
Yes, and the ironic thing is that generally the "baby" dies too in one of these abortions.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:38 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
name calling me doesn't make an impact at all. I am not an "abortionist" I am pro choice. as I said that includes 3 choices not just abortion or do you rather keep your blinders on? how crude your posts are, suggesting women should engage in a "partial" sex life. FYI, no most men would not just be satisfied with half a sex life either.

women in america and other parts of the world now have a choice to breed for themselves. we do not have to be breeders for anyone else unless we want to. sorry, the world of contraception and women's health has come a long way. we have choice.

many women may have an abortion but later in life want children there is no need for sterilization unless the woman is sure she never wants children.

I won't even ask if you have any compassion for a young woman raped and wanting an abortion, your posts speak volumes
Oh, forgive me, pro-abortionist. If feminazis like yourself are going to call pro-life folks anti-abortion, then calling you pro-abortion is certainly accurate and not an ad hominem.

If you read my earlier posts, you would know that in the case of rape, I fully support the morning after pill. I don't think any woman gets raped and decides 4 months later, "Oh gosh, that was so traumatic I better get an abortion." No. The trauma is immediate. Flush it immediately, don't risk a developing pregnancy.

What is this partial sex of which you speak? I always thought a happy ending was a happy ending, no matter where it ended.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:39 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Hyperbole aside, how did the re-election of Barack Obama actually help liberals and Democrats? The last time I checked, John Boehner and the GOP still have BO's testicles in a vise, the same as they did on November 5th.

Please explain what you gained on November 6th. Thanks!
Are'nt they up for election next?

Old 11-23-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Bet the pic was taken during one of Obama's lies in his speech.
Nope he farted

Old 11-23-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The responsible contributors are afraid to get pregnant. The welfare-dependent are cranking them out as fast as they can sign the public assistance forms.
Nope the wealthy and the well off can afford to get abortions

Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Crude!
No more crude than the poster's question as to why men leave wives/girlfriends who won't have sex!

Quote:
Here we go again, blaming the woman! I note, for the record, you make no distinction between married and unmarried women, young women or middle aged (but still young enough to get pregnant) women, just "women".
Who's blaming the woman? I AM a woman! You are correct, I make no distinction between married, unmarried, young, old, adulterous, loyal, whatever! And I would like a few men to weigh in on this issue, seriously. I guarantee you that in 9 out of 10 cases, a man would be just as happy with oral sex, minus the "worry" of potential fatherhood/child support/statutory rape charges. Am I wrong on this, men?

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-24-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies