Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They eventually took it by force. Prison camps arose from it.

You know what that led to...
Genocide.

Yes, Germany went after the wealth in the nation, to use for themselves and remove power from very rich people in the communities.
Well, if you think that is happening here and you are wealthy you better start giving it away to charities and moving into a much more humble home.

After they lop off your head they will fill your mouth with cake. It's the oldest story in human history. A few take advantage of the many until the many get fed up and they strike back.

I work with poor people and I go into their neighborhoods and I tell you the poor and the working poor in this country are getting angry and they are starting to feel like they have nothing to lose. When that happens they become dangerous. Rich people better tread very carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 02:24 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,073 times
"War on the rich, is exactly what Germany did in the 1930's"

Wow, I never looked at it that way. It will probably go something like this

tax rates on the wealthy will go up JAN 2012

Obama orders the systematic execution of 6 million jews FEB 2012

Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The war may be on the wealthy but, as usual, the middle class will get the bill.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
"War on the rich, is exactly what Germany did in the 1930's"

Wow, I never looked at it that way. It will probably go something like this

tax rates on the wealthy will go up JAN 2012

Obama orders the systematic execution of 6 million jews FEB 2012
It took Hitler a while to warm up as well. Obama is just getting started.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It took Hitler a while to warm up as well. Obama is just getting started.
Yeah I am sure that bastion of left wing ideology, the U.S. military would have no problem supporting Obama's marxi-islamo-commi-fascist agenda (or whatever the flavor of oppression it is this week).

So are you going to admit you were wrong when we have a fairly elected president after Obama? Although I guess if it is another Democrat there will be another opportunity to violate Godwin's law all over again.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
War on the rich can enhance a country's power for sure.

Look at China and the Soviet Union - both became or are on the way to being world leaders from backward states previously.

Russia is now highly developed even after the collapse of the SU, thanks mainly to the workings of Marx, Lenin and friends.

aristocracies crumble, unions flourish!
Replacing a feudal society with any modern economic system will enhance a country.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Wait a second... Asking the rich to pay a few points more in taxes is declaring war and just one step shy of sending them to a prison camp to be summarily executed in the most barbaric ways one could imagine? People who draw these analogies have very little understanding of history, of current events, and are highly insensitive to those who DID suffer during the Holocaust.

Never mind that Catholicism, the pre-dominant religion in Germany, had for centuries (and up until the 1960's) promoted anti-Semitism as part of its teachings. Never mind that Hitler's rise to power came during post World War I Germany - a depression that makes our current recession look like a bad day at the arcade. Never mind that Germany hadn't really ever had a decent form of democracy in its entire history leading up to that point and had been ruled by those with virtual absolute power.

This illogical stupidity where a detractor finds one similarity between a situation today and that of Germany in 1930 does not mean that the entirety of our government is headed towards a Nazi-Germany style regime change. This comparison between Nazi Germany and America is wholly untrue and is based on nothing more than people wishing to compare the politicians they dislike with what is probably one of the most heinous groups ever to have walked the planet.

The people who promote this sort of garbage have no idea what totalitarianism is. Part of me thinks their overt willingness to deign something totalitarian is nothing more than a latent desire to be suppressed and subjugated to something beyond their power. That way, they can just alleviate themselves of all blame for their failures and just blame the "totalitarian government ruining their lives."

Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM

753 posts, read 727,962 times
I'd suggest reading a book on Nazi Germany, because you are clearly unfamiliar with it. Shirer's The Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich, though somewhat outdated (it was published in 1950, after all, and much information has subsequently become available) will suffice. Shirer discusses how German business supported Hitler before his 1932 ascent to power, and how they (German business in general, not merely Hitler's bankrollers) profited mightily during the 1930s.

Farbindustrie?
Siemens?
Krupp?
Daimler-Benz?
Junkers?

I don't suppose any of those ring a bell. They all suffered to various extents from the physical ruin of the war once British (and later American) bombs started to fall on the motherland. Until then, however, they thrived.

Kershaw's outstanding two-volume definitive biography Adolf Hitler: Hubris (vol. 1) and Nemesis (vol. 2) is also outstanding. Though only tangentially about Nazi Germany, it nonetheless goes into considerable detail concerning Hitler's necessary relations with business, why they supported Hitler, and how their reasons for supporting him were ultimately borne out -- at least until things started to go really bad in 1943, but those were physical and not economic consequences.

You seem genuinely ignorant of Nazi Germany. I do not say this negatively, as I genuinely believe you are not peddling what you understand to be false information, and I hold out hope that you will educate yourself so you understand why your claims are so counterfactual to history.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
yes next step is round them all up grab their stuff and put them on cattle cars.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
Interesting view.
Nazis And Bush Family History: Government Investigated Bush family's Financing Of Hitler

Links between GOP and Nazi Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies