Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have worked in Orange County (Brea).
I have friends who live in Oramge County.
I have family members that have also lived in Orange County since the 1960s (and they REALLY have some horrible experiences with overt racism)

Also, a simple search of racism and Orange County will give you answer on the matter. Its no secret that there is a lot of blatant racism in the OC.
I did some research and discovered some facts. The local police registered it s vandalism, nothing more. The word on the street is the family is trying to get out of a mortgage they can't, or don't want to pay. They found a much cheaper home in Corona.
One newspaper account has a reply from a black man who was raised in the same area, raised his family there, the kids went to the local schools, and he states he has never experienced any form of racism in OC. It would appear, once again, using racism to cover your short comings is the first card played by some low class blacks who can't/won't conduct their lives like good Americans. Just because they are police doesn't exempt them from truth..
How about you and I follow the story for a few days and I'm sure the truth will come out.
The mayor of YL states there have been no race related problems in Yorba Linda.
Black families in OC, or anywhere, who cry racism are those who can't stand up and man up to facts. Easier to get through life by blaming your problems on racism. You shouldn't support those kind of people.
I couldn't even find the story in the OC Register, the largest newspaper in OC.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I guess that's a comforting thought for some. Because we all know racism never really happens. It's all a fairy tale.
Good that you finally admit the truth..!

Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
People in Orange County aren't far removed from that of the Southern United States.

There it is. I knew the ignorant would find a way to blame the South. LMAO. ^^^^^^^^^^^
Why are people so damn dumb to refuse to believe that racists are everywhere. There are just as many racists in the rest of the country as there are in the South. No wonder people say Americans are so stupid.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Originally Posted by West of Encino
People in Orange County aren't far removed from that of the Southern United States.

Next you will be telling us that all of the racial incidents that occur in New York is because they are not that far removed from the Southern United States.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Most, note I said most, Southerners manage to co-exit and have for years.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 AM

397 posts, read 257,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I did some research and discovered some facts. The local police registered it s vandalism, nothing more. The word on the street is the family is trying to get out of a mortgage they can't, or don't want to pay. They found a much cheaper home in Corona.
One newspaper account has a reply from a black man who was raised in the same area, raised his family there, the kids went to the local schools, and he states he has never experienced any form of racism in OC. It would appear, once again, using racism to cover your short comings is the first card played by some low class blacks who can't/won't conduct their lives like good Americans. Just because they are police doesn't exempt them from truth..
How about you and I follow the story for a few days and I'm sure the truth will come out.
The mayor of YL states there have been no race related problems in Yorba Linda.
Black families in OC, or anywhere, who cry racism are those who can't stand up and man up to facts. Easier to get through life by blaming your problems on racism. You shouldn't support those kind of people.
I couldn't even find the story in the OC Register, the largest newspaper in OC.
To say racism doesn't exist is naive.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:06 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As a black person who has lived in Southern California and several southern states, give me the south any day.
I'm Black and I live in the South now. I'm not impressed by the South. I'm trying to live somewhere else.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm Black and I live in the South now. I'm not impressed by the South. I'm trying to live somewhere else.
Move to the Northeast. You'll encounter much more racism than the south.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:08 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Move to the Northeast. You'll encounter much more racism than the south.
I wouldn't move there either(to Boston at least). I live in the South and I've encountered some racism here. I don't see how the South is better than any other part of the country, based on what I've experienced.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 AM

24 posts, read 30,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is disgusting, but I guess this isn't surprising. My feeling is that some people(not everyone though) go to Orange County to get away from Blacks. From what I hear, this is Yorba Linda. It is sad that this family feels like they have to leave Orange County. I know what this family is going through. I'm African-American and my family moved out to Paulding County, GA, 45-60 minutes west of Atlanta. It had a large contingent of "redneck culture". We went out there because land prices were cheap. I experienced alot of racism out there. Like the young man in this family, I have been harassed and called names while riding my bicycle. I left Paulding County for a while because of my negative experiences. I came back because I graduated from college, but couldn't find a job. County demographics have changed alot in Paulding since 1997. However, there are still some very prejudice people living in Paulding now.

I know what this family has gone through and I can identify with it.
Sorry to learn of your experiences.

I personally know a white mailman who transferred to a route in a predominantly white town. But he was the target of so much racial harassment at the hands of a group of blacks at an apartment complex, that he gave up that route, and returned to the one he had previously.

Truly a shame.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies