Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times

Advertisements

In good old AMERICAN pioneer spirit - It would be great if Obama was to chop the head of a turkey...pluck and gut the thing...and cook the bird the next day...that would be MANLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 08:48 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
List of people pardoned or granted clemency by the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Republican President George W. Bush pardoned, commuted or rescinded the convictions of 200 people during his term
Democratic President Barack Obama has pardoned 16 people up to this point in his term of office.[1

Obama is only a push over when it comes to turkeys
Pardon me...I did not realize there was such a charitable and loving man in the White House...I stand corrected.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:10 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
All I have to say is Peace must have been a senior and became a victim of 'Obamacare'. And that he was a 'white gentile'. Jimmy Kimmel had this to say last night........."Obama only pardoned the drumsticks and the thighs due to a deep seated hatred for white meat"..............Peace, turkey pardoned by President Obama last Thanksgiving, euthanized

So why do you think a senior becomes a victim with Obamacare

Old 11-22-2012, 11:16 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, I would be surprised if many of those pardoned turkeys live more than two or three years.

Those are "production" birds, bred to grow big and fast, and if left to go too long, more often than not, their legs give out from their weight; I've had it happen with birds that were only eight or nine months old.

It is also my understanding that they can die of heart failure, although I'm not sure if any of mine ever died that way.

It is also my understanding that they can't breed naturally because of their size and that it can only happen with some human help (artificial insemination), although I've had a couple of people swear that theirs did. The smaller, "heritage" breeds of turkeys can breed naturally.

I actually hope if the reason he was put down was because of something like his legs giving out that he was eaten and not wasted. There would be no reason to not eat the meat (unless he was put down chemically) and it would have been a nice ending if he could have ended up as Thanksgiving dinner at a homeless shelter or something.
I have raised and bred large meat bird chickens and also turkeys, they do often suffer from leg injuries and heart failure. They grow so fast that their skeletal structure cannot keep up and support them. I had my turkeys breed successfully with out my assistance one bit. I just made sure I fed them a low protein food to keep their weight down. I had a large cornish cross rooster top 24 pounds and before he was 2 years old his heart failed on him. He was almost as large as a turkey.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The turkey was sick and was put down, nice of you trying to turn it against Obamacare. Are you that much a nasty and spiteful person?
Maybe Gramma.....er Mr. Turkey should have been given pain meds instead of an um.....pacemaker.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I have raised and bred large meat bird chickens and also turkeys, they do often suffer from leg injuries and heart failure. They grow so fast that their skeletal structure cannot keep up and support them. I had my turkeys breed successfully with out my assistance one bit. I just made sure I fed them a low protein food to keep their weight down. I had a large cornish cross rooster top 24 pounds and before he was 2 years old his heart failed on him. He was almost as large as a turkey.
I never kept mine around long enough to know for myself if they would breed or not.

I've had some big Cornish cross roosters but none close to 24 pounds. Again, though, they were considered "short timers" and were only around for a couple of months at most. I did keep them around a little longer than the recommended times and often had nice eight-pound roasters.

Those Cornish cross are pretty nasty birds. By the time they're a month old, it seems like all they do is eat and ****.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
They decided to eat him for Thanksgiving. The only controversy here is that they tried to hide it and call it euthanasia.
Its par for the course, nothing even remotely tied with the Obama administrations is truthful or transparent. NOTHING.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Oh gawd, I am going to bite this turkey.

Death is inevitable. No one paid in a fraction of the cost of medical care that is typically experienced between 65- end of life. The lion's share of Medicare expenditures are spent during a person's final year of life.

About 50 million currently participate in Medicare. 10,000 people are added each and every day. Medicare, as is, is unsustainable. Every President, nominee, senator and congress person knows this. They also know no one gets elected by telling the truth to the American people.

Private insureres have had so called " death panels" since, forever. The substantial cost of a hospital's administration goes towards employing people to fight with insurance companies. Sometimes hospitals drop an insurer, meaning that unless a patient presents in the ER, the patient has to find another hospital that accepts the patient's insurance. Insurers tell people to pull out their IVs and walk out of the hospital because the insurance company is not going to cover them if they stay and receive treatement.

Hospitals in bankruptcy and closures has been common stuff for the last 15 years. And all of this is happening right under our noses, with or without Obama Care. 70 year old Federal laws allow insurance companies to operate as they see fit.

Insurance lobbies and campaign donations influence outcomes that have nothing to do with " for the good of the people". No way Congress, regardless of party, is going to walk away from the big money and do the right thing and repeal federal laws designed to protect the insurance lobby.Without doing so, ObamaCare is healthcare in name only.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Pardon me...I did not realize there was such a charitable and loving man in the White House...I stand corrected.
Your two post are confusing one you criticize the president for not being manly the other you criticize him because you thought he was charitable and loving?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times

Sarah Palin pardons a Thanksgiving turkey as others die around her. The Political Pop - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies