Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 09:50 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,818,916 times

Advertisements

A pretty young lady I know told me last night that her husband is a convicted felon. He was sentenced to 50 to life but was released on parole after serving only 10 years. She is unhappy because he is controlling (I would guess most criminals are) but that's besides the point. He was easily able to sweep her off of her feet. A lot of other women are interested in him as well despite the fact that he's married. He ran a meth lab btw. All the people who want softer drug laws want these kind of guys out in the dating market. Maybe they don't even think of that aspect, but it's one of the ramifications.

This is just one example. Through the years I have heard of many cases of men fresh out of prison, often on parole or probation, who easily find attractive women interested in them, sometimes just hours after being released. This is no surprise when you think about it. Criminal males are genuine bad boys, are full of confidence, and are dominant males.

Everytime a criminal is released early there is a nice guy somewhere who will stay single and lonely. Nice guys should organize and try to reverse all the soft on crime trends. We need truth in sentencing..if the sentence is life the criminal needs to be locked up in his cage until the day he dies. If we need to build more prisons fine, there is no better use of taxpayers dollars. California voted to weaken their "3 strikes and your out" law, this was a direct assault on nice guys. (not to mention the population in general who are more likely to become crime victims)Every state should have 3 strikes and enforce it. I don't care if the 3rd strike is something as trivial as stealing a pizza (which is often given as an example by anti 3 strikes types). Believe me a man who would steal a pizza would win the girl over the guy who pays for it.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
LOL

What a completely stupid thread.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,066 times
Hasn't the "nice guy vs bad boy" issue been flogged to death already?

Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
A pretty young lady I know told me last night that her husband is a convicted felon. He was sentenced to 50 to life but was released on parole after serving only 10 years. She is unhappy because he is controlling (I would guess most criminals are) but that's besides the point. He was easily able to sweep her off of her feet. A lot of other women are interested i him as well,

This is just one example. Through the years I have heard of many cases of men fresh out of prison, often on parole or probation, who easily find attractive women interested in them, sometimes just hours after being released. This is no surprise when you think about it. Criminal males are genuine bad boys, are full of confidence, and are dominant males.

Everytime a criminal is released early there is a nice guy somewhere who will stay single and lonely. Nice guys should organize and try to reverse all the soft on crime trends. We need truth in sentencing..if the sentence is life the criminal needs to be locked up in his cage until the day he dies. If we need to build more prisons fine, there is no better use of taxpayers dollars. California voted to weaken their "3 strikes and your out" law, this was a direct assault on nice guys. (not to mention the popuation in general who are more likely to become crime victims)Every state should have 3 strikes and enforce it. I don't care if the 3rd strike isn't something as trivial as stealing a pizza (which is often given as an example by anti 3 strikes types). Believe me a man who would steal a pizza would win the girl over the guy who pays for it.
You know, I was just watching the Godfather last night, and the scenes where Connie Corleone is beaten and abused by her husband but still begs Sonny and Michael not to hurt him.

I don't doubt there's many women who are like that to varying degrees. Fiction is always based on truth.

It's amazing some of the people in this world and their mentality. It really is.

But not all women are like that by a long shot.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:55 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
OP, this is an extremely silly way to approach this perceived problem. Nice guys will not improve their chances with the ladies, because the criminals would be locked up longer. All they really need to do is to grow a spine and a set of balls. Yes, women find guys who live by their own rules extremely attractive. A locked up convicted felon has often better luck attracting women than a mr nice guy on the outside. BUt one has really nothing to do with the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Hasn't the "nice guy vs bad boy" issue been flogged to death already?
Nice girls go out with nice boys.

Mentally unbalanced girls go out with bad boys.

End of story.

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
I'm thinking this is a "Politics" thread disguised as a relationships post.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm thinking this is a "Politics" thread disguised as a relationships post.

I'm thinking it's just another whine about why they can't get a girlfriend

Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
LOL

What a completely stupid thread.
Side splitting to be exact. I can't imagine where it stemmed from.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
A pretty young lady I know told me last night that her husband is a convicted felon. He was sentenced to 50 to life but was released on parole after serving only 10 years. She is unhappy because he is controlling (I would guess most criminals are) but that's besides the point. He was easily able to sweep her off of her feet. A lot of other women are interested in him as well despite the fact that he's married. He ran a meth lab btw. All the people who want softer drug laws want these kind of guys out in the dating market. Maybe they don't even think of that aspect, but it's one of the ramifications.

Everytime a criminal is released early there is a nice guy somewhere who will stay single and lonely. Nice guys should organize and try to reverse all the soft on crime trends. We need truth in sentencing..if the sentence is life the criminal needs to be locked up in his cage until the day he dies. If we need to build more prisons fine, there is no better use of taxpayers dollars. California voted to weaken their "3 strikes and your out" law, this was a direct assault on nice guys. (not to mention the population in general who are more likely to become crime victims)Every state should have 3 strikes and enforce it. I don't care if the 3rd strike is something as trivial as stealing a pizza (which is often given as an example by anti 3 strikes types). Believe me a man who would steal a pizza would win the girl over the guy who pays for it.
LOL I don't think this is a very common problem.

I haven't met many girls that have exes or current bfs in jail. Generally, if they do, it's a bit of a deterrant for me. People can do what they want, but I don't need that kind of baggage in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies