Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 11:50 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,174,961 times

Advertisements

Oh please. I am so sick and tired of Liberal victimhood and accusations of racism. WAH WAH WAH, those meanie Republicans are picking on Susan Rice because she is a black female. NO YOU IDIOTS, Susan Rice is nothing more than an echo chamber for the lying, Marxist White House. Is David Axelrod black? How about that Clapper idiot? Why wasn't Clapper sent out to the Sunday talk shows? Because he is a white male who would have to be held accountable for his incompetence because he couldn't claim status as VICTIM? Great! So this joke of an administration surrounds itself with women and women of color so it can cry RACISM instead of being held accountable. Christine Romer, Anita Dunn, Kathleen Sebelius, Nancy Piglosi, Janet Napolitano, Barbara Don't Call Me Ma'M Boxer, Hilarious Klintonista, Debbie Blabbermouth Schultz - all pathetic FEMALE Democrat representatives who are WHITE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 11:54 AM

53,000 posts, read 34,824,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I was listening to talk radio on my way to work this morning when an African-American caller made the point that anyone opposing the confirmation of Susan Rice for SOS was a racist.

This isn't the first time I've heard this, this is the left's usual attack against the GOP, but the caller went on to make the point that every Republican was a worthless racist and he wouldn't even vote for one for dog-catcher.

Listening to the vehemence in the caller's voice it occurred to me that maybe it's time for the GOP to take a page out of the Obama playbook. Since 93% of the black vote went to Obama, and the Obama campaign made the decision to sucessfully abandon the white working class The Future of the Obama Coalition - NYTimes.com it's time for the GOP to do the same thing and give up on the black community.

Since Obama has sucessfully divided this country along racial lines creating rifts that will probably last generations, I suggest the GOP forget the black vote and pursue the Latino vote instead. In my daily interactions with the Latino community I see a hard-working entrepenurial class that is family-friendly and conservative by instinct, but is put off by the GOP's embrace of strict immigration policies, thus easily seduced by any baubles the Democrats dangle in front of them.

That would mean abandoning the Sheriff Joe Arpaio types and alienating a segment of the vote, but IMO it would easily be made up by an influx of Latino votes.
don't forget the 'code words,' like 'incompetent.'

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...code-word.html

Old 11-23-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Republican open hostility toward the Black vote and Blacks in general is clear to us. We are hoping that the more sane GOP wins th internal struggle currently taking place. Republicans who have these negative feelings toward blacks have them because Blacks fought them not to be second class citizens.

Hispanics are more accepted by these types at the moment because the wounds and bitterness of that fight are not related directly to them. Blacks have plenty to work on and we have been and must do more and we will. Hispanics strong family virtues have not been lost on us. We will work to show our young men that being a true Father and leader of your home is the COOLEST thing you can do.

So to the OP go ahead with this plan. It will only push us to destroy the elements of corrosion inside our own community and that is a good thing.
Oh yes. That makes sense. That's why Republicans like Condoleeza Rice, Herman Cain, Col. Allen West, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Mia Love, Artur Davis, Lloyd Marcus (un-hyphenated American) are all so hated by the Republicans.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,466,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Republican open hostility toward the Black vote and Blacks in general is clear to us. We are hoping that the more sane GOP wins th internal struggle currently taking place. Republicans who have these negative feelings toward blacks have them because Blacks fought them not to be second class citizens.

Hispanics are more accepted by these types at the moment because the wounds and bitterness of that fight are not related directly to them. Blacks have plenty to work on and we have been and must do more and we will. Hispanics strong family virtues have not been lost on us. We will work to show our young men that being a true Father and leader of your home is the COOLEST thing you can do.

So to the OP go ahead with this plan. It will only push us to destroy the elements of corrosion inside our own community and that is a good thing.
What open hostility? The GOP is just reacting to reality, Blacks have shown no indication that they'll vote for the GOP. George Bush Jr did the best among Blacks for a GOP candidate and he received a whopping 11%. Most people when they vote for president they vote based on their economic conditions. By any objective measure Blacks actually fared worse under Obama's four years, it's because of this the Romney campaign did not believe B lack turnout would be out in force for Obama.

Yet economic concerns were pushed aside by Blacks and most voted for Obama because he was supposedly being picked on by mean racist Republicans.

Romney visited the NAACP and inner city Philly he received frosty reception early on. Maybe if he received a more polite response he would have campaigned more in Black areas. I think a lot of times Black folks think there are no repercussions to actions. If you act irrationally irate when a GOP candidate campaigns in your area stand to reason he may not come back.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,046,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Unfair. Are all Republicans prejudiced? No, of course not. Most? Yes, but not all.
The same as far as prejudice can be said of others. You just proved the point with your statemnt.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:56 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,976,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Lol... give up the black vote?... how do you give something up that you never had and/or never made a play for in the first place?

I'm going to give up having sex with supermodels.
I giving up on becoming a 7 ft. basketball star so I can focus on being a ethiopian distance runner.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,977,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Absolutely. People act as if the garbage foisted upon this board by right-wingers is something exceptional, that Republicans in general aren't so ignorant and prejudiced. That hasn't been my experience living in mostly red rural areas of the Midwest. I have yet to hear a liberal in my presence crack a racist joke. Every time that has ever occurred and the person has revealed themselves to be political, they are revealed to be right-wing Republicans. Every single time.

Oh yes we all know that all republicans are that way. LMAO. Ignorance must be bliss. You are loaded with it. Talk about living in a bubble. My God.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,466,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Oh yes. That makes sense. That's why Republicans like Condoleeza Rice, Herman Cain, Col. Allen West, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Mia Love, Artur Davis, Lloyd Marcus (un-hyphenated American) are all so hated by the Republicans.
They're Uncle Toms according to the Black thought police.

So are these guys.

https://twitter.com/blackrepublican

Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,549,331 times
The funniest part of the OP is the idea that it's somehow Obama that divided the races in the US. Not Stonewall Jackson, not Woodrow Wilson, not Lester Maddox, not even Charles Stuart. Nope, it was Obama, by...saying that there's no Black America and White America, apparently.

ETA: In any case, the modern GOP has spent, literally, decades howling about how black people love welfare, don't want to work, hate education, don't care about black people being killed by other black people, and other obviously racist drivel. Sorry, guys, but you have thoroughly lost the benefit of the doubt on this one, and you haven't really done anything to get it back. So when we see you using a ridiculous conspiracy theory to attack yet another black Obama administrator (as you did with Van Jones, Holder, and Sherrod among others), I'll just move to the obvious assumption, and leave it to you to disprove it.

Last edited by Hadoken; 11-23-2012 at 12:13 PM..

Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
don't forget the 'code words,' like 'incompetent.'

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...code-word.html
Oh stop it, you're killing me! Incompetent is a racial code word?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies