Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
If more parents did what your parents did for you our country would be a much better place. The difference between different races for the most part is what you explained. It seams having a caring hard working family with 2 parents that instills responsiblity and work ethic in their children breeds success for those children. Some races push these values more than others. There are always exceiptions to the norm.
Older white males do that. White women do that. Many younger white males play videogames. Presumably this wasn't always the case? What'd we do before videogames? stare at a wall for fifteen years? What'd people do to kill time, back in the day? It baffles the mind....How would someone get rid of all those extra brain cells cluttering things up?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Racism is only tolerated in the minds of the foolish.
Why care, unless the assignment is graded? I think there's too much censorship and control over what people can say as it is. If you want more...I disagree with you. If you want less, my gut tells me: "Yippee!" but then I can't speak for everyone, lacking others' experiences.

Last edited by Clintone; 01-03-2013 at 02:34 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes it is most certainly racist. Telling one person to apologize for the actions of another person based on nothing but the two people sharing skin color is by definition racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
No, racism is a belief that a certain race is genetically inferior.

You could call this prejudicial I guess, but it's primarily just idiot liberal moonbat crap.
If you are a person in power, and you are holding someone to a different standard than other people because of the color of their skin, that is racism. The person in power is someone who controls something that is needed and desired by another person, especially something that can impact the quality of their life, whether it is housing, a job, food, or grades. The notion that only certain races can be the perpetrator and certain races can be the victim of racism is a reflection of why we are still having race relations problems.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Older white males do that. White women do that. Many younger white males play videogames. Presumably this wasn't always the case? What'd we do before videogames? stare at a wall for fifteen years? What'd people do to kill time, back in the day? It baffles the mind....How would someone get rid of all those extra brain cells cluttering things up?
They read. They played sports. They worked. They did homework. They did chores. They visited friends. They played cards and board games. They talked to family members. They road bikes. They practiced on musical instruments. In other words, they did productive things that helped them gain skills that would benefit them in the future.

In the day and age of my youth, our parents lamented the amount of time spent watching TV. As a military brat, there were places that we only got the Armed Forces Network and to say it was limited in programing doesn't even begin to describe it. Looking back, I do think it helped us kids in school a lot that we didn't watch as much TV.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I hope Zimmerman goes free. I sincerely do. That's when the real fun begins.
The first thing that he will do is leave the country.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The first thing that he will do is leave the country.
And he might be smart to do that, considering the prejudging that is going on and those who will want to mete out their own version of "justice" while arrogantly charging him with 'racism'.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And he might be smart to do that, considering the prejudging that is going on and those who will want to mete out their own version of "justice" while arrogantly charging him with 'racism'.
Ironic but true

Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times
I avoid this part of the forum but I believe I have been treated poorly by my own family because I'm white.

I'm half Hispanic half white American person and my Hispanic family is extremely mean to me. It is actually strange because one of my cousins is always saying things like "I wish I had you complexion and/or hair" yet another one of my cousins has outright told me she "hates people with light colored eyes, hair or skin".

I have been told my Grandma loves me more than her other Grandchildren because I am white. I have been told my beachy highlights make me look like a **** or a "trashy Cuban" (my family is not Cuban).

Most of my female cousins hate me for one reason or another. One accused her 40 year olde husband of having an affair with me when I was 19 or 20. I think it is jealousy because they associate white people features with beauty. Just look at any novela, everyone looks more white than they do in American soap operas.

The funny thing is, I actually relate more with being Hispanic.When I was growing up I used to wish I looked more exotic. Now, most of my family besides my mother and a few uncles and one cousin treats me like dirt.

I have a thread about this in the America's forum right now.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
^

This...

Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Why care, unless the assignment is graded? I think there's too much censorship and control over what people can say as it is. If you want more...I disagree with you. If you want less, my gut tells me: "Yippee!" but then I can't speak for everyone, lacking others' experiences.
There are many, many reasons to care. First because racist with power can marginalize others. There are many examples of these types affecting the lives of many throughout history. That's why it is so important to highlight these individuals before they can do any major damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies