Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

Telling the truth is not allowed in Hollywood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Just goes to prove that Hollywood is not as important as they think they are. Would you like to know how many years it has been since I went out of my home to see a movie. Hollywood is highly overrated. Most people just go to the movies because they have nothing else to do. I have plenty to do, so I don't go.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Yeah, like anyone thinks that piece of trash is Oscar worthy in any sense. I suppose neo-cons think "Atlas Shrugged 2" and "The Undefeated" should have won Oscars too.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:47 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
ROTFL: D'Souza can join the filmmaker of Fahrenheit 9/11 a documentary about the Bush family. He got snubbed by that mean old bunch of liberals too!

Bad Academy. Mean Academy. They'e nothing but a bunch of liberals who hate anyone who isn't like them. (Oh, BTW, his name is Michael Moore. Yeah the liberal all the neo-Cons love to hate.) Fabulous foot stomping here people. Your hero and Moore should do lunch.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Telling the truth is not allowed in Hollywood.
I saw this movie and was really disappointed!! I was expecting something really dramatic that would show anarchy in the US. But, it was not entertaining at all and was in fact a copycat of other anti-Obama propaganda films.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
Is it actually a good movie? Be honest now.

I am willing to watch if it is actually good. If it is more doom and gloom nonsense like most of those movies are I am not going to watch it.

Those types of movies like this and those movies that Michael Moore makes are usually very one-sided and don't tell the whole truth.

To be fair, plenty of movies that are not good get Oscar nods and I am sure there are other good movies being snubbed as well.

Any movie that seeks out to divide the nation is unpatriotic and amounts to treason in my eyes. There was a time where that sort of thing would not have been tolerated. If it's another one of those birther/antichrist movies I'd be embarrassed to admit I watched it.

I might go watch it just to see if it is any good. Unlike most of the posters on here, I can handle hearing different sides of arguments. In fact I've seen so many of those types of movies I have grown tired of them. They are all the same. We know many of you still have not gotten over having a black president.

Am I wrong? I hate to judge the movie before watching it. Is this one different?

I thought that movie the Obama Lies was pretty good, well made.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
saving private ryan, taxi driver, apocalypse now, to name a few never got oscars as well as a host of great actors. tell him to stand in line

Old 12-06-2012, 07:56 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
saving private ryan, taxi driver, apocalypse now, to name a few never got oscars as well as a host of great actors. tell him to stand in line

Were they mentioned?

I think they were saying this movie never even got a mention for the Oscars, not that it should win.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Why don't they organize their own Movie awards? Between Rupert media and the big business movie companies, they could create the "Ronnies". It would be a big glam night for the Right Wing. Imagine seeing the entire RWNJ media all decked out. Ann Coulter would show up wearing a leather dress made from aborted fetuses. Rush Limbaugh would be there in a bowtie and a diaper. Entertainment would be provided by the WWE.

Just imagine:
"... and the Ronnie for the best motion picture of 2012 goes to...
RED DAWN!!!"

Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Were they mentioned?

I think they were saying this movie never even got a mention for the Oscars, not that it should win.
What do you mean, mentioned? How do you "get a mention"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies