Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Andrew Jackson was the anchor baby for his Irish parents. He was elected president 41 years after the constitution. Where were the "birthers" back then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Andrew Jackson was the anchor baby for his Irish parents. He was elected president 41 years after the constitution. Where were the "birthers" back then?

Obama's black, you see.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
That story in the link is from 2011!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think you have been living in Germany too long;;;this isn't news, it has been an issue for over a year and posted here as well as other places several times. Did you check the date on the article? Obviously not plus you say, the birthers are saying he is not a citizen, no one has said that. A few might be questioning whether he is a natural citizen, which is diferent. BTW, Mia Love almost won and Allen West barely lost. If it hadn't been for redistricting he would not have. Would you like to try discussing something new and something that is honestly debatable, not just a bunch of garbage.????
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks nita

Old 11-25-2012, 01:47 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Are they really so ignorant about the constitution and the legal way the voting system is supposed to work or are they suggesting doing away with all USA laws?
can you point to anything i've posted that is ignorant of the constitution and/or US law?

my contention is that the "2 US citizen parents" belief is not a requirement for "natural born citizen" ( the constitutional requirement ) and that it is the birthers who are ignorant of the constitution. my belief is supported by multiple court decisions.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
can you point to anything i've posted that is ignorant of the constitution and/or US law?

my contention is that the "2 US citizen parents" belief is not a requirement for "natural born citizen" ( the constitutional requirement ) and that it is the birthers who are ignorant of the constitution. my belief is supported by multiple court decisions.
I have said the same thing, different words though, but the same general idea as you. So far, it seems like few people have anything to say about it.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:10 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Obama's black, you see.
Do you enjoy telling yourself everyone that hates Obama is doing so because he is HALF black? Or do you really believe it? I hated Bush I hate Obama as well...nothing to do with race but you believe what you want.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
And the GOP wonders why blacks and hispanics vote overwhelmingly Democrat.

If by any freak chance Rubio ends up on the GOP ticket in 2016, he will go the way of Allen West and Mia Love, and the Dems will take 400 electoral votes. Bank on it.

Birthers say Marco Rubio is not eligible to be president - Tampa Bay Times
The GOP would like to reach out to latino voters by maybe having a latino on the ticket. The problem is getting past the primaries. Racist, anti-immigration republicans (big chunk of the party) will never nominate a latino or any other minority. Hostility towards immigrants or offsprings of immigrants is a reason the GOP has lost Latinos. You lose Latinos, you lose elections, it's just that simple. These far right racists would rather die as a party than to welcome minorities in their party.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The GOP would like to reach out to latino voters by maybe having a latino on the ticket. The problem is getting past the primaries. Racist, anti-immigration republicans (big chunk of the party) will never nominate a latino or any other minority. Hostility towards immigrants or offsprings of immigrants is a reason the GOP has lost Latinos. You lose Latinos, you lose elections, it's just that simple. These far right racists would rather die as a party than to welcome minorities in their party.
In addition, what is disturbing is that when people like us bring it up, and ask conservatives these questions, we get no answers. It's like alot of people really don't care what happens.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In addition, what is disturbing is that when people like us bring it up, and ask conservatives these questions, we get no answers. It's like alot of people really don't care what happens.
you say we won't answer, BULL!! so now I will and I as well as others have many times: yes, we will support a minority candidate, including Rubio. I guess, because you only follow one side of politics, the liberal side, you are not familiar with the Suzanna Martinez? Her name comes up everytime the mention of 2016 comes up. If all we do is support minorities for minor rolls, how do you explain her, Rubio, the new Senator from Texas? Do you consider being a governor or senator a minor position? If you do, that is really sad...How about Jindal? Just because we have not had a black candidate isn't saying we do not support minorities. If I am correct only one black candidate, on either side has gotten the nomination? Now tell us we never answer. You just choose to only read the postings you want to read....that is fine, but then don't make blanket statements.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies