Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
...and I thought Rachel Maddow was a self-important, look down her nose, arrogant "Let me explain life to you little person" liberal.

Wow...you really give her a run for her money.

I nominate you and Paul Krugman to lead the U.S. Olympic Liberal Arrogance Teamâ„¢
For the 4th time: Rather than registering your offense, why don't you show me a society built on these minarchist principles that has prospered? What are we on now, page 13? Still not a single example. Why do you think it is that you folks can't produce one solitary example?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Precisely. As we look through history at most of the continents, we will see that centralized states accounted for the greatest civilizations in human history.
Soviet Union, North Korea, Zimbabwe...

Old 11-25-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
For the 4th time: Rather than registering your offense, why don't you show me a society built on these minarchist principles that has prospered? What are we on now, page 13? Still not a single example. Why do you think it is that you folks can't produce one solitary example?
Geez, your bizarre question has been answered THREE times in this thread already.

Please go over each post before begging for an answer...AGAIN.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Please point out where I wrote "sole means".

You reallly don't understand libertarianism, do you?
Show me where in the Constitution there is a line that says this: "Constitutional functions of the federal government are to be paid for through taxation." That is what you just claimed. I'd like to know the article, section and clause where it states that without you again trying to dodge the question. Where does it say that in the Constitution?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Geez, your bizarre question has been answered THREE times in this thread already.

Please go over each post before begging for an answer...AGAIN.
There has not been one single example offered beyond someone implying that the U.S. was at one time a minarchist state, which it never was.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Maybe because none of us are minarchists. Even a dimwit should be able to figure that out. Now why don't you go to a thread on minarchism?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Show me where in the Constitution there is a line that says this: "Constitutional functions of the federal government are to be paid for through taxation." That is what you just claimed. I'd like to know the article, section and clause where it states that without you again trying to dodge the question. Where does it say that in the Constitution?
Watch and learn...watch and learn:

Theft By Deception - Deciphering The Federal Income Tax - YouTube

Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Maybe because none of us are minarchists. Even a dimwit should be able to figure that out. Now why don't you go to a thread on minarchism?
An authentic libertarian believes in the either the minarchist state or anarcho-capitalism. This is the point that I was trying to insert into your brain from the outset. Alas, that is too tough a nut to crack. What we instead have are conservatives who wish to be cool for once in their lives and claim the title of "libertarian." They latch on to a couple libertarian positions and claim the title. A quick perusal of the platform of the Libertarian Party reveals it to be a minarchist vision of government. Every Libertarian presidential candidate during my lifetime has carried a minarchist vision of government. Every libertarian journal contains the writings of eithe minarchist or anarcho-capitalist writers. What we have here with self-professed "libertarians," are slightly hipper readers of The Weekly Standard.

Why I am working this hard to defend libertarians from window-dressers? I don't even like libertarianism.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I asked for the article, section and clause in the Consitution. That should take about 30 seconds to find and paste on this forum.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I asked for the article, section and clause in the Consitution. That should take about 30 seconds to find and paste on this forum.
Geez, then do it yourself then and stop spraying your superiorness all over everybody in this thread...gosh!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies