Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The rich generate a lot of anger in America. Most feel that they skirt by without paying the price to be an American.

Do you feel that they need to pay a lot more in taxes to fix our economy?

How to Pay No Taxes: 10 Strategies Used by the Rich - Businessweek

No, no, and no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Rich and class are generated out of the mind and heart of the person...it is not about money..Recently one of my younger brothers got betrayed by what is now a "rich" person...It was this nasty woman that he had a couple of kids with...He supported her for years..she was a superficial status seeking pea brain...Well- she inherited a couple of million bucks..She instantly shacked up with some low life...dumped the two young sons and the father...moved to another city and acts as if she is high class...This evil hag is a vulture....She believes she is RICH now...a couple of million will not last her long...The thread was about whether we resented rich people.

I resent users that use people then do not pay their bill once they are done..

I don't think this woman is rich or has class...just a common thief.
Soooooo, your younger brother obviously knew that she came from a wealthy family and stood to inherit millions one day. Could that have had anything to do with his initial "attraction" to her?

Old 11-26-2012, 07:18 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I absolutely do not envy, begrudge, despise or feel anger towards the wealthy. Furthermore, I believe our Commander in Chief should have some class:

Maobama needs a lot more than a shoe shine!
All that picture shows me is he's getting every last scrap of wear out of those shoes. Let's hope he sends them off to be re-soled instead of simply throwing them away once they wear through completely.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Paid for it out of WHAT taxpayer money?

Is there a special account for Michelle's clothes?

Is it paid out of Obama's salary?

Or do designers lend her these clothes?
The same taxpayer money that covers the salaries of the Secret Service and the flaunting FLOTUS' extravagant vacations!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
All that picture shows me is he's getting every last scrap of wear out of those shoes. Let's hope he sends them off to be re-soled instead of simply throwing them away once they wear through completely.
Good. Maybe he should wear threadbare tuxedos with patched elbows to State dinners at the WH, too.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
It is most iinstructive that you automatically, without so much as realizing it, equate

Labor

with

Poor

Sad, very sad. Perhpas y ou have confined yourself to a mental Gulag.

It's most instructive that you can't seem to follow along with the discussion. If there WERE a "mental gulag" you'd be denied admission because they'd conclude there was nothing to work with.

The POOR do not need the RICH to live more than the RICH need the POOR. That is the discussion we are having.

The capitalist system REQUIRES a class of low skilled, low wage people who will provide LABOR. Certain occupations will NEVER net prosperity, yet we NEED labor to do those occupations to maintain our way of life. To deny that is the height of idiocy.

"Labor" only shares in economic prosperity of capitalism when collectively bargained for. And "the rich" are certainly not going to pay more in taxes to ensure the janitors of the world get beyond subsistence standard of living.

In the end, if the system were to collapse, who would "feel it" more in terms of their lifestyle: The "rich" or "the poor?" The plastic wife of an obese rich banker is not going to fair as well as a working woman who has put in her time and energy to support her family through her labor.

So, who REALLY needs whom?

Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Soooooo, your younger brother obviously knew that she came from a wealthy family and stood to inherit millions one day. Could that have had anything to do with his initial "attraction" to her?
We had no idea that her father was wealthy...He lived in another city..My brother met him while he was close to death..The woman who has already raised another family...presented my brother and the two boys as a respectable bunch..The father was impressed with my brother and the two grandsons..He was NOT impressed with the previous husband...Her father at that time made the decision there and then to make his daughter the executor of the estate...This woman slandered her brother so badly that the sick old man basically cut him out of the will...She lied to everyone...she ripped off her own brother...disconnected with her own mother...You don't understand this is simply a nasty manipulative woman with a criminal mind....

My brother is a hard working honest guy..when he met her she was on welfare...He made sure he took her off and did things right...she simply used him and everyone else- I have never seen such a freak...A few years back she tried some other scheme and caused my brother to lose his house and kids...we had to fight in the courts to get the kids back...This person is simply with out a conscience and absolutely no morals. Sorry buddy but these types of people exist...

When she met her first husband it was on a plane...He was this Jewish con man and he flashed 50 thousand dollars in cash at the then younger woman...so she married the guy...Turned out that he was a failure as a con man and she dumped him..The only thing that is important to this creep is a bottle of booze and a fat wad of cash..She is base.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
We had no idea that her father was wealthy...He lived in another city..My brother met him while he was close to death..The woman who has already raised another family...presented my brother and the two boys as a respectable bunch..The father was impressed with my brother and the two grandsons..He was NOT impressed with the previous husband...Her father at that time made the decision there and then to make his daughter the executor of the estate...This woman slandered her brother so badly that the sick old man basically cut him out of the will...She lied to everyone...she ripped off her own brother...disconnected with her own mother...You don't understand this is simply a nasty manipulative woman with a criminal mind....

My brother is a hard working honest guy..when he met her she was on welfare...He made sure he took her off and did things right...she simply used him and everyone else- I have never seen such a freak...A few years back she tried some other scheme and caused my brother to lose his house and kids...we had to fight in the courts to get the kids back...This person is simply with out a conscience and absolutely no morals. Sorry buddy but these types of people exist...

When she met her first husband it was on a plane...He was this Jewish con man and he flashed 50 thousand dollars in cash at the then younger woman...so she married the guy...Turned out that he was a failure as a con man and she dumped him..The only thing that is important to this creep is a bottle of booze and a fat wad of cash..She is base.
Anyone who lived off welfare handouts should pay them back when they have money.

In fact, I think the taxpayers should be paid back from any inheritance.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
The same taxpayer money that covers the salaries of the Secret Service and the flaunting FLOTUS' extravagant vacations!
Nice dodging!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
.You don't understand this is simply a nasty manipulative woman with a criminal mind....

And your brother chose to be with her. Sounds like he's not too good at pickin his wimmin.

Now everyone is all upset (or is it just you?) because she's got a pile of dough and she isn't sharing? It's her money. She can do whatever she wants with it. (I am wondering if they were married. You neglected to tell us.)

This happens over and over. Someone inherits or wins a pile of dough and everyone and his brother thinks they should get a cut. Or have their bills paid or be supported by the new millionaire on the block. News flash: The person with her name on the bank account is the person who gets to decide what she's going to do with her riches. Not you. Not your brother. So she's a horrible person who did a lot of nasty stuff to get her money. She wouldn't be the first. Whatever... she's now a rich horrible person. As long as she pays her taxes she gets to do what she wants. Like all of the rest of us.

Consider it a lesson and move on or let it eat at you. Your choice. If she's that horrible I'd think you'd all be glad she's out of your lives.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-26-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies