Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 07:32 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
There is generational poverty. I've spoken about it before on this forum. But I maintain, because I know the facts, that most people on assistance - food stamps, housing, medicaid/medicare, energy assistance, fed. mortgage loans, student loans, etc - are part of the working poor. Therefore, comparing these people to animals is grossly incorrect and ignorant.
And why is there generational poverty? Because humans, dependent upon the government for assistance to live, reproduce and breed a new generation of humans who accept that dependency as a way of life. They believe they are entitled to it because they were born into poverty. The new generation is not reared by parents who encourage them to climb out of that dependent state. I think this video pretty well sums up the mentality:

Why our Country is Going Down The Drain - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
And why is there generational poverty? Because humans, dependent upon the government for assistance to live, reproduce and breed a new generation of humans who accept that dependency as a way of life. They believe they are entitled to it because they were born into poverty. The new generation is not reared by parents who encourage them to climb out of that dependent state. I think this video pretty well sums up the mentality:

No, rather, it is because we allow it, we allow the wealthy to take too big a cut out of the system they created. There is a direct correlation between the size of the very wealthy's wealth and the size of the underclass. Sickly ppl are a result of poor access to affordable health care, and sickly ppl become dependent when they cannot provide for themselves.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:

Yes, there is generational poverty. That doesn't mean it's an issue with assistance to the working poor.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, there is generational poverty. That doesn't mean it's an issue with assistance to the working poor.
It is an issue when you are asking "rich" people to pay what YOU think is "their fair share", more than they are already paying in taxes for generational poverty which is promulgated by bleeding-heart Libs like you. You fail to realize that the behavior of humans who are born into poverty and who are dependent upon the government, is exactly the same as the dependency behavior of animals fed by humans. Dependency breeds dependency. Just look at Detroit. The only way to solve the problem is to cut off the money/food stamps, except for those who are legitimately disabled and physically or mentally unable to work.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 AM

Why do you think .gov gives tax deductions based on NUMBER OF DEPENDENTS?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM

And I have a solution for all those able bodied folks on food stamps and welfare - if the government insists on this redistribution of wealth crap, the least .gov could do is make these folks go out and pick up garbage along the highways and on the shoreline. You want to play the Green card with us? Oooooh, we have to be sustainable! Save Mother Earth! Well, pick up your garbage, you lazy slobs. Yes, we the taxpayers will pay you to get off your fat asses and clean up our roads and beaches. Pay them minimum wage equivalent for what they were receiving in subsidies. Bang! Government becomes a job CREATOR.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Uh huh. And clearly you know nothing about how public school districts operate on Long Island. The "consulting fees" paid to architectural firms in advance of a Board deciding on whether to go ahead with a project average $25-50,000.
Um, I just paid a consulting fee of 12,000 to an architectural and engineering firm to access the feasibility of a site. Before I decide whether to go ahead with it.

It's a lot cheaper than wasting the 10 million the project will cost on an unsuitable site.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:

There you go. Where I live this mentality is epidemic.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 AM

140 posts, read 109,122 times
Quote:
And I have a solution for all those able bodied folks on food stamps and welfare - if the government insists on this redistribution of wealth crap, the least .gov could do is make these folks go out and pick up garbage along the highways and on the shoreline. You want to play the Green card with us? Oooooh, we have to be sustainable! Save Mother Earth! Well, pick up your garbage, you lazy slobs. Yes, we the taxpayers will pay you to get off your fat asses and clean up our roads and beaches. Pay them minimum wage equivalent for what they were receiving in subsidies. Bang! Government becomes a job CREATOR.
Completely agree.

Fill up what jobs can be filled in area and put the rest of them working for the county doing odd jobs, cleaning up roadsides, city parks, ect. Work them how ever many hours it takes to equal how much they are receiving on Social Welfare at minimum wage.

I was discussing this on another thread one day and it was brought to my attention that;

1) There aren't enough jobs available to put them all to work and that it isn't feasible to have zero unemployment with all jobs filled.

2) All these people, dependent on the government are actually serving the purpose of being scapegoats, another group of people that everyone can be pissed at. Keeps the rest of us arguing and bickering amongst ourselves and not focusing on all the hidden agenda junk going on at the top.

I feel like the solution is so simple, just put these people to work doing something in the county they live in. So why haven't they been doing that? Something doesn't add up with this sh*t.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyWren View Post
All these people, dependent on the government are actually serving the purpose of being scapegoats, another group of people that everyone can be pissed at. Keeps the rest of us arguing and bickering amongst ourselves and not focusing on all the hidden agenda junk going on at the top.

I feel like the solution is so simple, just put these people to work doing something in the county they live in. So why haven't they been doing that? Something doesn't add up with this sh*t.
This is the type of people Obama listened to all when he was a community organizer and a civil rights attorney in Chicago.

They are serving Obama well. Like someone said, my dog will do things to get the food. They are dependent on the government forcing other people to give money they worked for to the government so the government will give it to them.

Mother: What do you want to do when you grow up?
Kids: When I grow up I want to live on welfare. I want to learn how to play the welfare system. I want to make lots of babies too.

MAKE THEM WORK THEIR FAIR SHARE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies