Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 10:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
And I have a solution for all those able bodied folks on food stamps and welfare - if the government insists on this redistribution of wealth crap, the least .gov could do is make these folks go out and pick up garbage along the highways and on the shoreline. You want to play the Green card with us? Oooooh, we have to be sustainable! Save Mother Earth! Well, pick up your garbage, you lazy slobs. Yes, we the taxpayers will pay you to get off your fat asses and clean up our roads and beaches. Pay them minimum wage equivalent for what they were receiving in subsidies. Bang! Government becomes a job CREATOR.
LOL, after all that is exactly what Obama wants... to be a job creator. Let them work their fair share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, after all that is exactly what Obama wants... to be a job creator. Let them work their fair share.
Some aren't capable of working or they are retired from spending years working and paying taxes. Just how much you wants bleed from those that can't work?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
No, I don't.

When you see a rich person do you feel the need to bow at their feet and pay homage?

Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
And why is there generational poverty? Because humans, dependent upon the government for assistance to live, reproduce and breed a new generation of humans who accept that dependency as a way of life. They believe they are entitled to it because they were born into poverty. The new generation is not reared by parents who encourage them to climb out of that dependent state. I think this video pretty well sums up the mentality:

Why our Country is Going Down The Drain - YouTube
No there are generations of poverty because of a lack of education about finances and sub-standard schools that many of the poor are subjected with. The wealthy have money to send their children to the best schools were they can be educated on the values of investments and running companies, while the poor are taught things that program them to be worker bees.

The "entitlement mentality" that many wealthy republicans have fed into the minds of the feeble always fail to mention that they are the biggest ones on the tetes of the government with back room deals and subsidies geared towards the well to do and the connected.

What is also interesting is that the people that are not on any kind of assistance do not realize that they are only a massive medical bill from needing it. People who are disabled or who are retired still are considered to the wealthy to be recieving "entitlements" eventhough you paid for those benefits through your own hard work.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyWren View Post
Completely agree.

Fill up what jobs can be filled in area and put the rest of them working for the county doing odd jobs, cleaning up roadsides, city parks, ect. Work them how ever many hours it takes to equal how much they are receiving on Social Welfare at minimum wage.

I was discussing this on another thread one day and it was brought to my attention that;

1) There aren't enough jobs available to put them all to work and that it isn't feasible to have zero unemployment with all jobs filled.

2) All these people, dependent on the government are actually serving the purpose of being scapegoats, another group of people that everyone can be pissed at. Keeps the rest of us arguing and bickering amongst ourselves and not focusing on all the hidden agenda junk going on at the top.

I feel like the solution is so simple, just put these people to work doing something in the county they live in. So why haven't they been doing that? Something doesn't add up with this sh*t.

It is not a bad idea, but those who hold the purse strings and the power to make sure that we are bickering amongst each other have decided to use the prison system for cheap (slave) labor. The only other probelm that I realize (from being a caseworker) is that many single parents do not work because many of the jobs are out in the suburbs and there is'nt transportation or that it cost too much which interfers with the rising cost of child care.

Last edited by simetime; 12-09-2012 at 04:10 PM..

Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM

140 posts, read 109,106 times
I am not familiar with the proson system. What is it?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:25 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No. But does it bother you that Obama has never held a real job in the real world yet is very rich ?

What bothers me is to see a rich politician who has always been a politician. Makes you want to go hummm.
C'mon. He did work at a law firm for some time and was a professor of constitutional law for some time. Those are real jobs. And by Dallas standards, do you consider President Obama rich?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Um, I just paid a consulting fee of 12,000 to an architectural and engineering firm to access the feasibility of a site. Before I decide whether to go ahead with it.

It's a lot cheaper than wasting the 10 million the project will cost on an unsuitable site.
Exactly, having an engineering firm do a site evaluation can save millions. Test bores for sub soil conditions prior to construction alone is worth the fee. Knowing what needs evaluating is why A&E firms exist.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyWren View Post
Completely agree.

Fill up what jobs can be filled in area and put the rest of them working for the county doing odd jobs, cleaning up roadsides, city parks, ect. Work them how ever many hours it takes to equal how much they are receiving on Social Welfare at minimum wage.

I was discussing this on another thread one day and it was brought to my attention that;

1) There aren't enough jobs available to put them all to work and that it isn't feasible to have zero unemployment with all jobs filled.

2) All these people, dependent on the government are actually serving the purpose of being scapegoats, another group of people that everyone can be pissed at. Keeps the rest of us arguing and bickering amongst ourselves and not focusing on all the hidden agenda junk going on at the top.

I feel like the solution is so simple, just put these people to work doing something in the county they live in. So why haven't they been doing that? Something doesn't add up with this sh*t.
Maybe you can point out this welfare program for able bodied men. I want some of that. Where do you sign up and what's the programs name.... Oh wait, there isn't any such program, just nonsense faux spews fills rwnj's heads with.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM

140 posts, read 109,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Maybe you can point out this welfare program for able bodied men. I want some of that. Where do you sign up and what's the programs name.... Oh wait, there isn't any such program, just nonsense faux spews fills rwnj's heads with.
And I have a solution for all those able bodied folks on food stamps and welfare - if the government insists on this redistribution of wealth crap, the least .gov could do is make these folks go out and pick up garbage along the highways and on the shoreline. You want to play the Green card with us? Oooooh, we have to be sustainable! Save Mother Earth! Well, pick up your garbage, you lazy slobs. Yes, we the taxpayers will pay you to get off your fat asses and clean up our roads and beaches. Pay them minimum wage equivalent for what they were receiving in subsidies. Bang! Government becomes a job CREATOR

I was responding to the above post by ObserverNY.

I'm not sure what you're asking me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies