Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I want to know how a spontaneous demonstration could go on like that one did with weapons that people just don't take to demonstrations.
You've never been to Afghanistan, have you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This is the same "dude" (that works in aerospace) who completely dismissed how the laws of thermodynacs affect every-day life.
I dismissed nothing. I mocked you for nearly complete thermodynamic ignorance.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Must have been a lot of bun and no burger.
Great comment. I'm going to have to borrow that delicious turn of phrase.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 PM

782 posts, read 1,105,390 times
2002 - US Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan attacked and 10 are killed.
2004 - US Embassy Bombed in Uzbekistan 2 killed, 9 injured
2004 - Gunmen storm US Consulate in Saudi Arabia and 8 are killed
2006 - Armed Men Attacked US Embasy in Syria, 1 killed
2007 - Grenade launched into US Embasy in Athens
2008 - Rioters set fire to US Embassy in Serbia
2008 - Bombings at US Embassy in Yemen, 10 killed

7 attacks, 31 killed under a Republican president and the Republicans say nothing.

2012 US embassy in Benghazzi, Libya attacked, 4 killed ...

suddenly Obama is at fault, and should be impeached ... Yeah, and this isn't politically motivated BS at all ... If you really believe that Obama should be impeached or face trouble over this then do us a favor - put your tin foil hat back on, tune back into Faux News, and leave the rest of us adults alone here ...

Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I dismissed nothing. I mocked you for nearly complete thermodynamic ignorance.
Exactly. When you can't answer tough question you mock, deflect, project and outright lie and in some cases you'll simply try and cut all conversation of completely by calling someone a Nazi, a racist, a bigot, sexist, etc., etc., etc....

I'm not sure why you seem to think I'm ignorant of the laws of physics specifically thermodynamics. You've shown no proof at all that I don't know what I'm talking about.

So basically what you're saying is the planet doesn't try to find equalibrium, electricity doesn't take the path of least resistance, water does take the path of least resistance and neither does air. Everything around you works exactly the same way and that includes your economies and humans which also take the place of least resistance.

It is true that life can alter, temporarily, the laws of economics but it just rubber bands back and the longer you alter those laws the more dreadful the consequences.

America has been working diligently since the beginning of the 20th century to gather as much wealth (we'll call it mass or something silly like that) and they've done that by the usage of stored energy from the sun via hundreds of millions of years into fossil fuels. When you needed more you basically picked a country, overthrew their leader, installed your puppet leader and then raped their natural resources. From S. America to Central America to MENA.

So, I ask again, which law are you denying by claiming you can continue to do that for forever? Which law are you denying in that you think you can cram hundreds of millions of years worth of energy into a supply that last somewhere around 250 years and how are you going to sustain a planet when it runs out?

Apparently you can't think beyond your politics because that question above is the very essence of energy flowing in one direction and one direction only and in the beginning was completely order and in the end will be complete chaos.

I'm calling BS on you being in Aerospace. I think you're a complete liar and a political hack.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
2002 - US Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan attacked and 10 are killed.
2004 - US Embassy Bombed in Uzbekistan 2 killed, 9 injured
2004 - Gunmen storm US Consulate in Saudi Arabia and 8 are killed
2006 - Armed Men Attacked US Embasy in Syria, 1 killed
2007 - Grenade launched into US Embasy in Athens
2008 - Rioters set fire to US Embassy in Serbia
2008 - Bombings at US Embassy in Yemen, 10 killed

7 attacks, 31 killed under a Republican president and the Republicans say nothing.

2012 US embassy in Benghazzi, Libya attacked, 4 killed ...

suddenly Obama is at fault, and should be impeached ... Yeah, and this isn't politically motivated BS at all ... If you really believe that Obama should be impeached or face trouble over this then do us a favor - put your tin foil hat back on, tune back into Faux News, and leave the rest of us adults alone here ...

^^^
This

All the posturing and phony outrage from the right is just more of the same childish sour grapes we've been seeing nonstop for the past four years now.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
^^^
This

All the posturing and phony outrage from the right is just more of the same childish sour grapes we've been seeing nonstop for the past four years now.
There were 5 FSA's that were killed between 2009 - 2010. Also an ambassador which hasn't happened since 1979.

And what do you have to say about that? Nothing, you just want it to go away.

To claim that republicans were silent then and so we should all be silent now is a bit ridiculous. Especially seeing as how Obama armed Libyan rebels using the CIA and Blackwater and then just magically your embassy get attacked in a town that was silent while the rest of the Middle East was in a circle-jerk over The Video.

Now I guess it's your turn to respond with "forward" or "progress" or some other zombified blabber.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
The hard truth is that both McCain and Graham HAVE, in fact, backed off. Both spewed a lot of harsh rhetoric over the past couple of weeks. Now they've done an about face. Must have been a lot of bun and no burger.
And how have they backed off? Oh they stopped asserting it was rice that was the reason that even after the IC revised their finding Obama's administration stuck hard and fast to random mobs and The Video sparked into protest and to the burning down of the compound and subsequent deaths of an ambassador and his security detail.

It was never Rice's talking points in the first place so it would be silly for them to go after her as to who sets Obama's agenda. We all know that's Axelrod.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And how have they backed off? Oh they stopped asserting it was rice that was the reason that even after the IC revised their finding Obama's administration stuck hard and fast to random mobs and The Video sparked into protest and to the burning down of the compound and subsequent deaths of an ambassador and his security detail.

It was never Rice's talking points in the first place so it would be silly for them to go after her as to who sets Obama's agenda. We all know that's Axelrod.

Please come back and gloat when the articles of impeachment have passed congress. Because if all this is as serious as the Obamaphobes have been claiming, that's where it all will end. If not, then it's just more birther/Kenyan/death panel baloney. And we've seen the right stuff themselves with that baloney for quite awhile now.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Please come back and gloat when the articles of impeachment have passed congress. Because if all this is as serious as the Obamaphobes have been claiming, that's where it all will end. If not, then it's just more birther/Kenyan/death panel baloney. And we've seen the right stuff themselves with that baloney for quite awhile now.
The coverup, or misleading narrative to be kinder, doesn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense. When more of the story becomes known, the Obama fanatics won't change their opinions, but independents will will see how the WH played them for suckers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies