Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I agree with the sentiment, that all should pay some income tax.
I didn't expect you to disagree. I know republicanism very well.

[/quote]When I was a kid, I worked at a Holiday Inn washing dishes, I made $1.35 an hour, summer job. I paid then, more in taxes than about half of working Americans do today, who pay $0.00 or less.[/quote]
Would you mind identifying the changes in tax policies that led to it? Or, are you as clueless as any other typical republican?

Quote:
But that is a far cry from balanceing the budget on their backs, that is just common-sense fair play.
What isn't, that is republicanism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I didn't expect you to disagree. I know republicanism very well.
When I was a kid, I worked at a Holiday Inn washing dishes, I made $1.35 an hour, summer job. I paid then, more in taxes than about half of working Americans do today, who pay $0.00 or less.[/quote]
Would you mind identifying the changes in tax policies that led to it? Or, are you as clueless as any other typical republican?

What isn't, that is republicanism?[/quote]

This is the other fantasy thing about conservatives, they don't know that some of the policies that conservatives have pursued have resulted in fewer Americans paying income taxes.

Their collective blindness about reality is astonishing.

They think it is liberalism that has caused there to be so many who pay no income taxes. They are very wrong.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,064,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

Overwhelmingly, the oinstitution of Tax Credits, which apply directly to taxes owed, unlike deductions, which only deduct from the taxable income.

Happy to help wipe away at least a tiny bit of your Ignorance. Ask anytime, I'm here to help.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

This is the other fantasy thing about conservatives, they don't know that some of the policies that conservatives have pursued have resulted in fewer Americans paying income taxes.

Their collective blindness about reality is astonishing.

They think it is liberalism that has caused there to be so many who pay no income taxes. They are very wrong.

Who cares who caused it. I am interested in fixing it, which apparently, you aren't .

Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Meaningless numbers without knowing what the top 5% made. i.e. If they made 90% of the $$$ and paid 40% of taxes it's ajust a bit different than if they made 30% of the $$$ and paid 40% of the taxes.

But the right-wing regressionist that you are knew that, eh?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times
Quote:
Just exactly how do you balance the budget on the backs of the poor, who already are paying $0 or less in income tax???

Please explain or retract.
By extending tax-cuts to millionaires and cutting Medicare and Food Stamps.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Meaningless numbers without knowing what the top 5% made. i.e. If they made 90% of the $$$ and paid 40% of taxes it's ajust a bit different than if they made 30% of the $$$ and paid 40% of the taxes.

But the right-wing regressionist that you are knew that, eh?
They made 26% of all income earned, but paid 40% of all taxes paid, so I guess that is EGG you have on your FACE.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
How does extending tax cuts balance the budget, regardless upon whose back.

Do you think about what you spew, or just spew the party line?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Medicare was already cut $500 billion and another $250 billion is on the table.
How much more ? They will all just move over to medicaid which will skyrocket so you really didn't accomplish anything.

And food stamps ? LOL...nope, ain't gonna happen. "Starving and dead lying in the streets" if we cut food stamps.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times
Quote:
How does extending tax cuts balance the budget, regardless upon whose back.

Do you think about what you spew, or just spew the party line?
It doesn't and that's the point. When Republicans whine about deficits and they're asked what should be done, the first thing they say is, 'tax cuts.' The second is slash social programs. That is the definition of placing the burden on the backs of the poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies