Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
How do you get that?

You have to qualify to get "free lunch". Anyone can take the school bus.
I'm in a district where some don't pay anywhere close to the same property tax as I do, with many kids that require a 20-mile bus ride to and from school...

I call that a benefit that not all families with children get...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:15 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Don't you realize that white Liberals did this to you? They also think their voter base is stupid. If it is racist to demand photo ID at polling places, what does that say about how liberals view black people? They must view you black folk as utterly incompetent nonentities incapable of taking part in modern life.

I guess blacks don't mind being called stupid by the very politicians they support.

Sigh. I've previously demonstrated that voter ID laws are not about photo ID and voters proving who they are.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, they are not. They are part of the pay package.

Not welfare; but it's redistribution from taxpayers to government workers. I worked near minimum wage with no benefits, alongside government janitors with pension and benefits equal to 2x my wage, plus an actual wage 3x what I was paid.

And I did harder work than they did - I did floor care and cleaned restrooms, while they emptied w trash cans from offices.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
Social Security is a welfare program........
It was designed to be a retirement program. To qualify for SS is different from "qualifying" for welfare. One requirement to collect SS is that one worked (and paid into the system). Second, you have to be a certain age to qualify. Those collecting are lucky to see 15 years of SSI as opposed to those who can see a lifetime of welfare. Ask someone who is on SS how they survive and they will say "Social Security Income". Ask someone who does not qualify, never worked and paid taxes, never paid into SS and Medicare and having ALL their needs covered without working a day in their life and they will say "welfare".

Do you explain someone who became a mother at 17, didn't finish school, didn't work, goes on to have 3 more children, the father(s) don't pay child support, and those children repeat the mother's cycle, entitled to welfare? Exactly what was their contribution in the way of taxes, or does their very existence in society qualify them to be "entitled"?

They are two different "programs". Don't compare people who worked 40 plus years of their life who will receive a benefit for 15 years (give or take) to the end of their life, to those who never worked a day in their life and are on welfare from cradle to grave.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
If you separate them into 2 different groups, there are more blacks on the dole among their own people. And of course there would be more whites on welfare, for the simple fact there are more whites. 12-1.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Interesting but you did not take into account that the money that you would have had in the bank would be subjected to be taxed and the more that you had the more you would have been taxed.
It was taxed when it was taken from me.

The amount taxed would have been the interest but the interest would not have been subject to payroll taxes.

I am working up the exact numbers, got it all on a spread sheet, but if I had deposited the money into my IRA account it appears I would have well more than a million bucks by now and that would not have been taxed until withdrawal.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Sigh. I've previously demonstrated that voter ID laws are not about photo ID and voters proving who they are.
The Mexican government is racist against people of hispanic decent.

A) They do NOT want hispanic's from Central America in their country.

B) They require photo ID at the polls.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Here's how it goes.....a republican will say, "We need to reign in entitlement spending". Lefties say "SEE....republicans hate blacks!"

Who are the racists again?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. it uses SS....so TOPIC FAIL

2. what is the population breakdown???? blacks make up only 14% of the poplulation......and by your link...they get 33% of the welfare.....double their percentage of the population......so again TOPIC FAIL...since blacks make up a HIGHER percent of the welfare in comparison to the population demographics breakdown

3. by the way the TRUE numbers are
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all recipients, so they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents.
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10029.html#a0=6
No it is not a fail. Ever hear of Social Security Disability?

Quote:
Certain members of your family may qualify for benefits based on your work. They include:
  • Your spouse, if he or she is age 62 or older;
  • Your spouse, at any age if he or she is caring for a child of yours who is younger than age 16 or disabled;
  • Your unmarried child, including an adopted child, or, in some cases, a stepchild or grandchild. The child must be younger than age 18 or younger than 19 if in elementary or secondary school full time; and
  • Your unmarried child, age 18 or older, if he or she has a disability that started before age 22. (The child’s disability also must meet the definition of disability for adults.)

Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCinLBB View Post
Medicaid
For the Lazy
White 42%
Black 20%
Hispanic 29%
Other 9%
Medicare
For the Lazy
White 77% 36,268,500
Black 10% 4,884,600
Hispanic 8% 3,562,000
Other 5% 2,203,600

FoodStamps/SNAP
For the Lazy
White 33.7% 13,395,000
Black 22.4% 8,909,000
Hispanic 16.7% 6,637,000
Abortions
For the Lazy
White 55.9% 326,047
Black 36.5% 212,664
Other 7.6% 44,613
Crime
For the Lazy
Murder/Manslaughter 58.3% White 40.2% Black
Aggravated Assault 70.6% White 27.7% Black
Drunkenness 86.6% White 11.7% Black
Disorderly Conduct 69.6% White 28.9% Black
You left one demographic out.

Population percentages.

Numbers can be incendiary unless you get them all.

Numbers are manipulated in many ways to manipulate people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies