Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,517,815 times

Advertisements

"Star Students?" I saw a TV interview with an uncle of one of the kids who said even though they were "troubled kids" they didn't deserve what they got. So Star Students doesn't seem to make much sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
in bagdad thieves are killed or maimed. the prison population is very low.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:31 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,423,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
You know sometimes as teenagers we do stupid things and have to learn life the hard way. Sometimes the stupid things we do get us killed. Car wrecks, drug overdoses and being shot are a few risk of being a teenager and acting stupid. I acted stupid and did 2 years in prison for it myself. Although I did not steal or commit violent acts, I guess I should be glad I am still breathing. Maybe if those 2 had got another chance they would have learned their lessons and taken another path. Some of us did.
First off Kudos to you for changing your life around. Shows that you REALLY wanted to change your life around for the better.

Second I agree we all do/have done stupid things even as adults that "stupid cycle" continues, lol.

Third I believe that there are some people that will never learn, I'm not saying that these teens wouldn't have learned from their mistakes, no one does. However giving these teens ( or any other would be young criminal) a "free pass" for their stupidity is something I don't agree with, IMO.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,013 times
Quote:
I don't think so. As a convicted felon, I cannot have a firearm in my house but if I did and somebody came in through my window, I promise you they would leave in a body bag even if I had to "finish them off". Dead people cannot sue me or cause me further trouble.
Amazing. Two sets of rules I see.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But it almost seems that this man was hunting them and laying in wait.
He was in his own home.

Minding his own business.

Bothering nobody.

In fact, I happen to be doing exactly the same thing, right now.

Tell me, who am I "hunting"? And "lying in wait" for?

You come up with the weirdest ideas sometimes.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
This is a sad story all around. First off, it sounds like this man has been harassed and stolen from before from previous articles on this story. But today he admitted to first shooting them after they broke in and then "finishing them off" after they were down.

The teens were not armed.

I feel bad for the kids who lost their lives, but at the same time they screwed up big time. Anyone should know you are risking your life when you break into someone's home.

But it almost seems that this man was hunting them and laying in wait.

Regardless of what side of the gun debate you are on, this is a very sad story.

Little Falls man describes 'finishing' teenagers with shots to heads - TwinCities.com
It is a very sad story. I am of the mind that a TV, computer, iPod, etc is not worth a human life. However, you don't know if the person breaking in is after those material, inconsequential items or your life. Just terrible.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well maybe it's time that drug addicts doing a home invasion stop assuming everyone is mentally healthy.

Break into someone's home while the homeowner is in it and you won't always get lucky. This guy could claim temporary insanity or claim to be a victim of bullies because of the way they kept targetting him. They drove him to it.
Yes, we should totally expect drug addicts to make rational, logical decisions.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:44 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times
Quote:
I won't disagree with you or argue, but you have to admit that was pretty hard core shooting an 18 year old girl who was probably crying and begging for her life in the chest like that and then a head shot. Wow.
The article said she laughed at him when the gun jammed.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,448 times
His initial shot would have left me with no argument. However, what he did afterwards, can not be defended. His actions do more to hurt the public opinion of our rights to defend ourselves and families and homes. He had already shot them, all he had to do was call the police at that point, they were going to be going anywhere.

If the initial shot wouldve killed them, it still wouldve been sad but I would not fault him for it. And you have to know you risk your life when you break into someones home, so they wouldve gotten little pity from me. But to treat this like some hollywood movie and blow their brains out while they were already down and not a threat, probably knowing they were young at that point, is just over the line and sick.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times
Quote:
I don't think so. As a convicted felon, I cannot have a firearm in my house but if I did and somebody came in through my window, I promise you they would leave in a body bag even if I had to "finish them off". Dead people cannot sue me or cause me further trouble.
Sadly, you have a point here. Many years ago, a local school system was sued because some kids broke into the school through a skylight and one fell and broke his back. He won. They, probably, wouldn't have been sued if he had died.

I'd have to kill them with the first shot. I wouldn't have the guts to finish them off unless they went for a weapon. I guess I'm getting sued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies