Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

SSSTFU

The old man did a good job of cleaning up society. Judge, jury and executioner... I like it in his own castle, where he is King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't think too many recover from a .223 round to the chest at close range. Maybe if it was FMJ.
We'll never know in this case, unfortunately.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Different situations that can't be compared. The person flipping a switch is a sanctioned executioner after the person has had a right to trial. Home owner taking it upon himself to be executioner after he has neutralized the threat is murder, just because lethal force is allowed in self defense doesn't mean the law says you are justified in a "kill shot" after you have stopped the threat. And if you are going to reply that " the only way to make sure they aren't a threat any more is to make sure they are dead" then given the face value description of events it seems they were no longer a threat and that head kill shots as they lie already probably dieing was excessive and murder.

We'll see what transpires but my instinct tells me this guy might have even been premeditated and that the supposed intruders were not burglars. I can't get past the fact that he could hear her foot steps from his basement after firing a .223 indoors and even other several suspicious explanations he made.

And a moment of common sense people, girl is shot and she is going laugh? There is not just one suspicious element to the home owners story but several.
I agree that there is going to be some explaining. And it is tragic, especially shooting them multiple times. But the young man's sister said they were burglarizing the home. Kids and drugs. The tragedy is that this happened at all, but it may have been inevitable...The home owner had been burglarized 8 times....He was probably going nuts from this kind of "sitting duck" situation....True tragedy for all involved.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:38 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
SSSTFU

The old man did a good job of cleaning up society. Judge, jury and executioner... I like it in his own castle, where he is King.
Right

Thank goodness for our not perfect but very balanced judicial system that actually looks into cases and screens jurors. If it was up to some of you , you would just take their statement and exclaim "hang em' high". Forget questions, forget suspicious explanations.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
. But the young man's sister said they were burglarizing the home. for all involved.
I missed that statement by the brother, if true like I said earlier they made their own fate then. Still, the home owner is in the wrong for excessive force and not calling the cops. He seems to have been taking revenge. And I still don't believe he could have heard her foot steps after firing such a loud rifle indoors.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is a sad story all around. First off, it sounds like this man has been harassed and stolen from before from previous articles on this story. But today he admitted to first shooting them after they broke in and then "finishing them off" after they were down.

The teens were not armed.

I feel bad for the kids who lost their lives, but at the same time they screwed up big time. Anyone should know you are risking your life when you break into someone's home.

But it almost seems that this man was hunting them and laying in wait.

Regardless of what side of the gun debate you are on, this is a very sad story.

Little Falls man describes 'finishing' teenagers with shots to heads - TwinCities.com
I don't think they broke into his home (at least according to the article provided).

Self defense ends when the threat is gone, not dead.

Last edited by plannine; 11-26-2012 at 08:10 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
What goof would live in a neighborhood where you get broken into not once but 8 times? I live in what might be considered a rough part of town...I leave my back door wide open in summer...no one comes in to my place...I suppose because the hood is gentrified and even the odd crack head is semi-gentrified. IF someone broke into my place ONCE I would consider relocation...TWICE...and I would be gone...I always pick my locations carefully....even when I am poor I refuse to live around human trash...This home owner was trash and lived surrounded by trash- trash killing trash. Just plain stupid people.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
What would Walt from Gran Torino do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0

Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Parents should teach their kids not to be criminals- to have morals and be upright---when YOUR kid breaks into someones home to steal and is killed by the home owner - It is not the home owner that has killed your child- It is YOU that killed your child by not bring them up right...In order to raise a criminal child a parent must have a criminal mind.
Exactly -- but also where were the police that these thugs were allowed to keep robbing and bullying this poor elderly guy?

The "kids" should have been locked up in prison and they wouldn't have been continually picking on this guy but the police and the courts are often way to lax and allow criminals to run free. The lax justice system is just as much to blame when some guy gets fed up with the harassment and attacks and loses it.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Well after reading the link I'm fairly certain he's going to spend time in jail. His story doesn't add up at all.

He didn't call the police because it was a holiday...okay crazy guy.

Sucks for the kids...they picked the wrong house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies