Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM

85 posts, read 179,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
This thread should have started with a vote.
Should he be penalized or acquitted.
You are proposing a poll to ask if a murderer should be acquited? This guy is a menace and will be put in jail where he belongs. Let's make this clear. He didn't just shoot an intruder posing a threat to him. He shot an intruder, then after he was no longer a threat killed him. Then he ambushed the other intruder, incapacitated her and then killed her as well. No matter how much you hate thieves, that is plain murder and he will be prosecuted as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 03:29 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Was "adrenaline" the reason he kept the corpses in his home for 24 hours before calling law enforcement?
Or Necrophilia!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
The ambush... the girl coming down the stairs after the first round of gunshots.. not calling police until the next day... the chilling description of the act. I just think there is more to this than a simple B&E. The girl apparently had stolen prescription meds from a relative... maybe this old guy was dealing prescription meds and this was a deal gone bad?
I read that she was a Role model. Where did you get the theft stuff from?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
After your home being broken in 6 times, add adrenaline - I don't think anyone of us COULD predict how we would react.
I had a wonderful place in the country except for the thieves. They got me 9 nine times before i gave up and sold out. I caught one of them at gun point. At no time did i feel like blowing him away with my 30-30. I told him what would happen were he to get even close to me and that was all.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
since when do "role models" break into other people's homes, endangering their lives and stealing their stuff?

that's some role model.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
From the HuffPost article:
Schaeffel's sister, Crystal Schaeffel, told the Star Tribune that Kifer had stolen prescription drugs from her home before. Little Falls police records show Crystal Schaeffel reported a theft Aug. 28, but the department said the report was not public because that investigation was continuing and because it named juveniles.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
See, when you steal from people they eventually get Pis** off enough to do something about it. I can't wait until we do something about the thieving liberal left wing.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:49 PM

85 posts, read 179,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
See, when you steal from people they eventually get Pis** off enough to do something about it. I can't wait until we do something about the thieving liberal left wing.
I bet you'd like that huh? Just a "a good clean finishing shot" like this guy did through those nasty liberals. Oh, if only you could, it would be so liberating for you. You won't admit it to us and perhaps not even to yourself, but we've got you pegged

Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,567 times
This sh*t doesn't happen nearly as often in Europe. With most countries having conscription most dwellings have a firearm from military service.
If everyone was armed you'd be a fool to break into anyone's home.
Here you roll the dice and take your chances. Sometimes you loose.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:05 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I am not discussing emotional reaction, you can make such a case, but you can not excuse his actions as correct. If you want to say he was overly emotional and committed such an act under duress, without logical or moral thought, fine... I will accept that, but don't think that you can use "emotion" as an excuse of the issue.

I have no objections to the consequences. The kids earned such a consequence, I am not objecting to them dying, I am objecting to the method as to which the died. If you think after shooting someone several times in the chest and then... placing the weapon under their chin to blow out their brains is normal, then you have some serious issues yourself.
It's nice to see a voice of reason over some that support the law of the jungle.
For those that support this man's actions that went beyond self defense, then I propose Somalia as an example of what they have to look forward to. They have a pretty low life expectancy rate there I here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies