Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is a sad story all around. First off, it sounds like this man has been harassed and stolen from before from previous articles on this story. But today he admitted to first shooting them after they broke in and then "finishing them off" after they were down.

The teens were not armed.

I feel bad for the kids who lost their lives, but at the same time they screwed up big time. Anyone should know you are risking your life when you break into someone's home.

But it almost seems that this man was hunting them and laying in wait.

Regardless of what side of the gun debate you are on, this is a very sad story.

Little Falls man describes 'finishing' teenagers with shots to heads - TwinCities.com
Sort of like a pretty, young, modestly dressed woman is hunting rapists, or an Escalade owner is hunting car thieves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

The families of these kids didn't really care or they would have raised them better and gotten them into rehab for their addictions.
Lay off the judgment with the parenting. People can come from "good homes" and still get hooked on drugs, especially prescription meds. Unless you have direct experience dealing with drug addicted children, then there is no room for you to talk. Many parents of drug addicts have tried everything at their disposal to get their children the help that they need. Do you think they actually enjoy seeing their child arrested time and again, prostituting/debasing themselves, and putting themselves in positions where they could suffer lethal consequences? If you think so, then you are just talking out of your hat. Most parents suffer extreme anxiety themselves. No one wants their child to be in a position to get killed and would not abdicate their duty so easily. I am just so sick and tired of the "raise them better" bull. And just to let you know, I know of completely regular people becoming addicted to Oxycontin. Prescription med addiction is the worst, in my opinion, because it doesn't get nearly the same attention as coke and meth yet the people are still addicts.

Go watch the intervention shows, or hit up your local social worker. Not to mention, if celebrities can't get their children off the drugs, what makes you think that it is any easier for some middle classed people in Twin Falls?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well I find it disturbing that so many people believe it's okay to do home invasions and that somehow breaking into someone's home while the owner is in it should be made a perfectly safe kind of crime for someone to commit. Can't hurt a hair on the heads of violent criminals, but let homeowners live in fear and at risk of their lives being taken. All because some incredibly lazy criminals don't want to work for what they have but instead take it from others.

The families of these kids didn't really care or they would have raised them better and gotten them into rehab for their addictions.
Read the thread. Nobody said the homeowner wasn't justified in shooting them. He was NOT justified in executing them when they were down and no longer a threat. Or in hanging onto their bodies until someone notified the police. That's just creepy.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
cops do it all the time and get away with it. if you know what you are doing anyone can get away with it.
Again, a rogue cop doing an illegal act does NOT justify it!

Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Sort of like a pretty, young, modestly dressed woman is hunting rapists, or an Escalade owner is hunting car thieves.
It appears that he was "lying in wait" for the second person, since he decided to sit down and put his feet up (after he rolled up the corpse and tucked it away) instead of calling the police. Who doesn't call the police after they shoot someone?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
It is obvious that many here have never been the victim of thieves. The result is not just the loss of property, but also the loss of security, peace of mind, and feeling safe in ones own home.

Thieves are like terrorists,...they alter your frame of mind for the remainder of your life. Only those who have suffered at the hands of thieves can understand that feeling.
Defending your life and property are fine. Executing incapacitated intruders is not, nor it secreting the bodies away and failing to call the police. What was he keeping the bodies for? Christmas dinner?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
He screwed up when he shot them after they were down. Had he seen them going for a weapon while down, the situation would have been different.
Wow, congratulations! At least you saw through the bravado and blood lust to figure this part out, which is what I've been arguing all along. You're one step ahead of most right-wingers on this thread.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Defending your life and property are fine. Executing incapacitated intruders is not, nor it secreting the bodies away and failing to call the police. What was he keeping the bodies for? Christmas dinner?
...like I said, people who haven't experienced a theft can't even begin to understand the emotions involved.

Let the jury decide based upon the evidence and the defense.

None of us on this forum know exactly what happened or why.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I find it disturbing that so many people believe it is ok to execute someone for burglary.

I see two possibilities here. One is that most of these macho, internet tough guys have
watched too much TV and played too many video games and actually fantasize about shooting/killing someone. As mentioned earlier, some very sick people here.

Or two, these people are truely upset about crime. Ironically, some people believe in executing thieves, but I don't see any cry for justice for the banksters who stole billions.

If I had time (I don't), I would check the posting history of some of these internet tough guys and see if they are truely interested in justice, or if these are just sick people.
This is a stupid post... If you come onto someone property, break in, and enter, you are forfeiting your right to life. It is an occupational risk.

The old man in this case should have never talked to the police, but he did, and he will probably go away for manslaughter on a plea deal.

He should have used a larger caliber weapon so it wouldn't take so many shots to put them down.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:05 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well good thing there's no racial element here so the facts can speak for themselves. I'm coming down on the side of the old man.
Yep. I'm sure I'll get crucified for my comments in the "17 year old gunned down" thread but I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for these kids either. At least in the case of the gas station shooting the shooter had virtually no defense and the kids likely were victims. In this case these little pill addicts had repeatedly broken in to homes. And yes, it was two country white kids. While I don't think the old man should get off complete, 2nd degree murder is a stretch. I think there are mitigating circumstances, including past history of break ins and his state of mind at the time. The kids were coming towards him in his own basement. I can see why he shot them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies