Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 PM

18,927 posts, read 14,111,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People who employ lawn care workers, maids, etc. generally are not in the position to line their pockets with excessive compensation for doing nothing while cutting those costs as the C level executives do.
I don't know what planet that is - but when a company is not making a profit for its stockholders, no one is lining their pockets with "excessive" compensation.
And when a company IS making a profit for its stockholders, it's their business if their "hired help" in the management are generously paid.

Unless, of course, everyone should be paid the same, regardless of what they do. But that's not this planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I don't know what planet that is - but when a company is not making a profit for its stockholders, no one is lining their pockets with "excessive" compensation.
And when a company IS making a profit for its stockholders, it's their business if their "hired help" in the management are generously paid.

Unless, of course, everyone should be paid the same, regardless of what they do. But that's not this planet.
But yet, many of the CEOs and their direct underlings of companies bailed out by the gov't took their bonuses. Sorry, don't buy your statement.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
Huh? What businesses MUST continue employing workers? Your "argument" is a strawman. My company just laid off about a dozen people. No business (that I know of) is forced to employ anyone.
It was a rhetorical question.

Sorry about your comprehension skills.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM

420 posts, read 334,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It was a rhetorical question.

Uhhh...who "rhetorically" is claiming what the OP states? I've never heard anyone make such a claim.

I may as well ask, "Why is it okay to go to a baseball game on Sunday, but my neighbor goes to church?"

Quote:
Sorry about your comprehension skills.
Sorry about your lack of civility. Clown.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But, but, but I thought Big Bad Obama made hiring more workers impossible? #scared
Not impossible, but a 49 employee business will not hire one person that would put them over the limit.

A smaller company will cut hours, in order to not fall under the obamacare mandate, and hire more part timers to produce the same end product.

Now, if they somehow need many more employees, due to substantial growth, one would have to weigh the difference in what their profits would be with everything added in.

Are you beginning to understand the economics of obamacare? That people didn't fight against it because they want to see people dying in the streets?

Do some critical thinking instead of feeling.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
Uhhh...who "rhetorically" is claiming what the OP states? I've never heard anyone make such a claim.

I may as well ask, "Why is it okay to go to a baseball game on Sunday, but my neighbor goes to church?"

Sorry about your lack of civility. Clown.
Lefties state that an employer shouldn't have layoffs when business drops off, even though the owner, CEO, etc are multimillionaires.

I say that they can and will when profits suffer.

Again....sorry about that comprehension thing. Try to keep up.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times
Quote:
Not impossible, but a 49 employee business will not hire one person that would put them over the limit.

A smaller company will cut hours, in order to not fall under the obamacare mandate, and hire more part timers to produce the same end product.

Now, if they somehow need many more employees, due to substantial growth, one would have to weigh the difference in what their profits would be with everything added in.

Are you beginning to understand the economics of obamacare? That people didn't fight against it because they want to see people dying in the streets?

Do some critical thinking instead of feeling.
Yeah, because only people who agree with you are thinking critically. GMAFB. If a business is going to risk it's existence based on one employee "putting them over the limit" it probably shouldn't exist in the first place.

You show a distinct lack of understanding on the Affordable Healthcare Act BTW.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM

420 posts, read 334,623 times
Quote:
Lefties state that an employer shouldn't have layoffs when business drops off, even though the owner, CEO, etc are multimillionaires.
Well, that's news to me. Can you point to some of these claims made by the left?

Quote:
I say that they can and will when profits suffer.
Of course they do, which was my point.

Quote:
Again....sorry about that comprehension thing.
Well, I'm a forgiving man, but...

Quote:
Try to keep up.
...I guess I'm just not alpha material. (My wife loves me anyway...anytime...anywhere...) I keep up just fine, bro.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Yeah, because only people who agree with you are thinking critically. GMAFB. If a business is going to risk it's existence based on one employee "putting them over the limit" it probably shouldn't exist in the first place.

Maybe we should ALL just fire our lawn service; cleaning service, dog walking service; quit eating out; quit shopping at the mall or anywhere other than a grocery story; quit spending a small fortune getting our hair done; go without insurance . . .

wonder what would happen if all of us in the middle class did that in large numbers?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:

If a company with 49 employees needs that 50th or they go under, they're too stupid to stay in business if they don't get that person....even at the expense of another less valuable employee.

I understand obamacare perfectly.

It's so great that you're forced by the threat of jail time if you don't abide by it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies