Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times

Advertisements

Hospital nurse found dead after taking prank call on Catherine - CNN.com

Does anyone think that the prank callers should be held responsible in any way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

She apparently was unstable. She made a mistake and overreacted. If not this prank call...it might have been her forgetting to buy milk on the way home that put her over the edge.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Hope Australia is proud of itself now.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

This is why she committed suicide? I don't feel sorry for this nurse at all. Pathetic, in my opinion. Most of the reasons people commit suicide for are chicken **** and pointless. Permanent solution to a temporary problem. She was either chemically imbalanced with other underlying psychological issues, or just a poor example of a human being.

I'm sorry if you think this is a harsh opinion, but I feel we are way to forgiving of folks that harm themselves in this way. Peer pressure is a powerful thing, and looking down on this behavior should be someones first reaction.

Seriously, to kill yourself becasue you feel for a prank phone call?

Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
I don't think the pranksters should be held legally responsible, but since they did this as part of their job, they should probably be fired. Not for legal reasons but for moral reasons. Or for being stupid.

The nurse felt shamed for being so easily duped. I don't think she was unstable, and by all accounts, was wonderful nurse. A sad ending for someone who obviously wore her heart on her sleeve.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM

13,418 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Hope Australia is proud of itself now.
I'm sure Australia is as proud of itself as it's ever been, which BTW, is a lot. And rightly so.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

This is why she committed suicide? I don't feel sorry for this nurse at all. Pathetic, in my opinion. Most of the reasons people commit suicide for are chicken **** and pointless. Permanent solution to a temporary problem. She was either chemically imbalanced with other underlying psychological issues, or just a poor example of a human being.

I'm sorry if you think this is a harsh opinion, but I feel we are way to forgiving of folks that harm themselves in this way. Peer pressure is a powerful thing, and looking down on this behavior should be someones first reaction.

People who kill themselves usually have underlying mental issues. Circumstances are just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't think the pranksters should be held legally responsible, but since they did this as part of their job, they should probably be fired. Not for legal reasons but for moral reasons. Or for being stupid.

The nurse felt shamed for being so easily duped. I don't think she was unstable, and by all accounts, was wonderful nurse. A sad ending for someone who obviously wore her heart on her sleeve.

These are your typical morning zoo type jocks. They were most likely hired to do stuff like this.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

No

Old 12-07-2012, 10:27 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Your ignorance on depression is astounding. The thing that sets one to commit suicide is not always the real problem. It's merely the straw that broke the camel's back. I suffer from clinical depression since before puberty. Many times I was literally on the verge of suicide. The big problem was already weighing on me when a small problem sent me over the edge. First off, being an nurse in a hospital is already a stressful situation. Being a nurse for a member of the royal family adds to the stress. Falling for a prank which caused you to reveal private patient information could be grounds for being fired. Having the prank revealed world wide adds another layer of stress. Then comes the local press in England and their reporting. We don't know what her home/family life was like before all this started and this could have been another layer of stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies