Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:41 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I'm a brown Asian and I approve your message!
Would you like to attempt refuting my arguments?

I am a white Irishmen and I transmitted this message.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,403,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I understand you hail from Ghana, so you know as well as I do the difference between native Africans and African-Americans. Having been to Sekondi and Accra, I have nothing but complimentary things to say about your people.

These people are living in a fantasy land, created (mostly) by guilt ridden white liberals. They are the enemy of the common white man as well as the common black man. They give you affirmative action, yet turn a blind eye to the young kids dying in the streets as a result of their failed school systems, which focus on social engineering rather than academics.
Yes although I was born here. Their thinking is completely untethered by the realities of the world. Nothing can be viewed objectively or soberly without the prism of race.

The collapse of the USA is going to hit them hard. In Ghana there is a vibrant political debate. Politicians who are corrupt are hounded to retire, not hide behind race cards and victim hood.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,295,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, yea, whites don't get special privileges because they are smart enough to be able to do what they have to. Liberals push affirmative action because they believe blacks are too dumb.
America has ALWAYS had affirmative action.

White Americans had Affirmative Action from the time the nation was created until the 1970's.

If only White Americans could have certain jobs and especially high paying jobs THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If only White Americans could live in certain neighborhoods around the country THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If only White Americans could be elected to political office and only White Americans as judges in courts THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If only White Americans could join the police or fire department then THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If only White Americans could get a mortgage or loan to open a business from a bank then THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If only White Americans were allowed to attend certain colleges or universities then THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If only White Americans are permitted to vote then THAT’S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If a corporation only hires White Americans for executive positions then THAT’S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If police are specifically targeting Black Americans to arrest them for certain crimes and not targeting other groups in the same way THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

If as a White American you get a more lenient sentence for a criminal offense than a Black American THAT'S AFFIRAMTIVE ACTION.

The problem is that most White Americans do not perceive of these inequalities this way. Why? The mindset is and example of WHITE PRIVILEGE.

There are White Americans so oblivious to the history of racial segregation and discrimination because they've never felt it on a personal level they think it's unfair that ANY effort should be made to redress this country’s history of racism and discrimination.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,819,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Dumb thread.
So sick of the whiners who claim that racism against whites exists. It doesn't. Nobody treats me poorly because I'm white, they actually treat me with more respect because of it.

Racism is alive and well, but it's certainly not anti-white racism. Just look at any Yahoo news article where a black or hispanic person is the subject and then read the comments section.

I guarantee I will see posts on this thread from the 5 or 6 people on this website that I consider to be racists.
There are no Dumb threads.........only the Dumb reply .

Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes although I was born here. Their thinking is completely untethered by the realities of the world. Nothing can be viewed objectively or soberly without the prism of race.

The collapse of the USA is going to hit them hard. In Ghana there is a vibrant political debate. Politicians who are corrupt are hounded to retire, not hide behind race cards and victim hood.
The only way out for the AA community is a rejection of the garbage that their liberal masters have ingrained in their minds. This does not mean vote R, they will tax their already limited wealth to wage wars. That community should take a close look at Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, and other libertarians. Actually, that goes for all Americans.

I cannot comment on Ghana's political system, having been to only two towns, but I can say their culture is much more family-oriented and positive compared to mainstream African American culture. It's all about culture, if you fix your culture, you fix the issues facing your people. Maybe we should bring in some of your Ghanian brothers to tackle our corrupt politicians!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:51 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,040,866 times
Pure comedy. So basically you're a humble working/middle class person and you believe that no black person living in the U.S.A has the same or better lifestyle/income/education as you do? Do you personally know DD? Do you personally know me? Whites don't do drugs...have father less homes...use P.A? No it's only black people...sure whatever makes you feel better. The statistics don't lie(unlike some people). Yes, a greater percentage of the black race is part of the dependent class but overall raw numbers=more whites on PA...smoking crack/meth...incarcerated etc. Justify it any way you want to but put it like this: If you have 10 pigs at the feeding trough what's more important the color of the pigs or how much feed you gotta put in the trough?

Also, while you are remembering all the good "your" people have done please remember the bad as well. Why don't you brag about that?

Quote:
I don't expect intelligent, logical arguments from you, so I cannot say I'm surprised by the content of your response. Emotion based logic/argument does not qualify as rational thought or reason. I'm guessing you are the product of government schools aka indoctrination centers. If I am wrong, I apologize.

As for the implication that I flip burgers for a living, you are incorrect. Even if I was, that would have no bearing on the content of my argument. By making this implication, you are committing a logical fallacy called "poisoning the well", and it could also pass as an ad hominem attack. And if you want to be realistic, most of the people working fast food joints look like you, not me. Just like most of those working at NASA look like me, and not you.

As for the accomplishments of my ancestors, such as abolishing slavery, founding the greatest, most free country to ever grace this earth, I see it as my duty to preserve. It is my legacy. You do not know me and you don't know my capabilities, just as I don't know yours. Which is why I do not speculate as to your employment situation or other personal traits.

I am not a millionaire, but I live comfortably. Success, to me, isn't judged by "money". I value culture, heritage, hard work, and the pursuit of truth. Those are my values, not "chasin' dat paper". Your community has a conspicuous consumption issue, but little in terms of net worth. I would suggest a return to family (fathers raising children along with the mother), a rejection of materialism, and a rejection of hip hop culture. Those tenets alone would greatly improve the condition of your people. But what do I know, "I just a whitey".

Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,777,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Dumb thread.
So sick of the whiners who claim that racism against whites exists. It doesn't. Nobody treats me poorly because I'm white, they actually treat me with more respect because of it.

I bet you enjoy every second of that don't you massa?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Pure comedy. So basically you're a humble working/middle class person and you believe that no black person living in the U.S.A has the same or better lifestyle/income/education as you do? Do you personally know DD? Do you personally know me? Whites don't do drugs...have father less homes...use P.A? No it's only black people...sure whatever makes you feel better. The statistics don't lie(unlike some people). Yes, a greater percentage of the black race is part of the dependent class but overall raw numbers=more whites on PA...smoking crack/meth...incarcerated etc. Justify it any way you want to but put it like this: If you have 10 pigs at the feeding trough what's more important the color of the pigs or how much feed you gotta put in the trough?

Also, while you are remembering all the good "your" people have done please remember the bad as well. Why don't you brag about that?
LOL

You just constructed a bunch of straw men and attributed those arguments to me. I literally have no clue where your arguments stem from, but I made none of the statements you mention above.

If I wasn't finishing up my lunch break and address your outrageous claims, but I would just like to express bewilderment at the illogical nature of your posting.

I suggest an introductory course in logic.

If you would like to address the points I actually made, I can continue this "debate" after work.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,040,866 times
Nope...no strawmen just facts and I'm not writing anything that is outrageous or untrue.

Feel free to respond or not doesn't matter to me.

Quote:
LOL

You just constructed a bunch of straw men and attributed those arguments to me. I literally have no clue where your arguments stem from, but I made none of the statements you mention above.

If I wasn't finishing up my lunch break and address your outrageous claims, but I would just like to express bewilderment at the illogical nature of your posting.

I suggest an introductory course in logic.

If you would like to address the points I actually made, I can continue this "debate" after work.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:19 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,989,630 times
Is this any surprise? You'd have to be blind or illiterate to not see all the racist anti-white headlines from liberal news sources such as CNN, MSNBC, Huffington Post (their latest headline, "Whiteness in the Age of Obama"... really? ), New York Times, et al.

"old white men" has become Leftist dog whistle racism for conservative/red state/christians. A google search of the divisive term turns up 201,000,000 hits. WOW. That's a lot of hate and bigotry against one group of citizens. On the Democrat Plantation it's "OPEN SEASON" on white males and has been for years.

Got Racism? The Liberal Media Sure Does
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.