Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:46 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They claim that the government of Mexico had a gun held to their head to sign that treaty.
Well, of course the Mexican government had a gun held to their head - they'd just lost a war! That's what happens in war, one side loses, the other side wins, and peace terms follow according to the margin of victory and defeat. Alas for the honour of Mexican arms, the margin in this case was rather remarkably wide.

Quote:
I say if there is a real beef then the Mexican government should take it up with our government rather than these mestizos demonizing Americans alive today over a past they were never a part of.
The Mexican government will seriously attempt to revise that treaty on the day Lucifer throws a snowball fight. But I think in reality very, very few Mexicans do actually want to revise that treaty - a few dreamers, perhaps, but I suspect most of the anxiety around this issue derives from the discomfort of some Americans with the rising tide of Hispanicization in this country, rather than mad Mexican nationalists plotting far-fetched irredentist schemes. I'm not entirely sanguine about the changes to our national culture and political culture which the growth of the Hispanic population in the U.S. has caused and certainly will cause in future, but the possibility of losing California is at the bottom of my list of concerns.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ouch. Many African American liberal posters have a tough time debating on facts, only one comes to mind, JazzyTall and even he will slip into personal attacks from time to time.
JTG has more patience than I do. He comes in here from time to time and totally destroys these racist arguments, and yet, the same posters persist time and time again with the nonsense. You think I'm gonna waste MY time as well?

Nope. I'd rather do what I'd do if we were off the net. That is, clown and ridicule half-wit bigots and internet cowards that purport to be armed with facts instead of the tripe they're actually armed with.

So whatever.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies