Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I note that you make no effort to actually challenge the statement... because of course you cannot.

I am content with that circumstance.
LOL...funny....clearly you believe that government spending is only that of some bureaucrat somewhere writing checks from the Treasury all day. And that assumes there's an actual budget. That's the only way a penny of revenue would equal to a penny of deficit savings.

However, Government spending encompasses FAR more than just writing checks until the money runs dry.

LOL

Oh how naive they are!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No kidding... so tell me.. why do you deserve any of it? Oh... you sat on your ass longer than the other welfare slug.
Looks like I hit a nerve, eh? I think I told you previously that when insulted, I just consider the source. Not a problem...

Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoney89 View Post
I majored in Accounting so I have a relatively good idea how the tax system works. I still stand behind my post that the number should be raised. The reality is more people would support raising taxes on an income amount that the common person would see as completely out of reach, something that truly only effected the top 1%, including myself who would traditionally never advocate giving the crooks even more money to waste.
OK let's be flexible on what that threshold is. I don't see 250k as unreasonable, unless someone has somehow gotten into big debt at that level.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Obama says that only 3% of small businesses make 200K/$250K or above. He calls them millionaires and billionaires but it's 1/4 of a million. They are typically S-Corps and the money flows through to personal taxes. They also have employees and will have to reduce expenses to pay higher taxes.

Why does Obama want to hurt any small business.

Obama calls for a balanced approach. But a balanced approach is increasing revenues and reducing expenses. What exactly is Obama's definition of a balanced approach.
What Obama says and what Obama does are two different things. It's best to pretty much ignore what he says because he'll say anything. It's a useless exercise to try to reconcile what he says and what he does. What he says is just rhetoric. He'll say whatever sounds good in the moment.

Democrats made a deal with Bush Sr to raise taxes and then do spending cuts. Bush agreed to the tax incrase and then they never did the spending cuts. Democrats made a deal with Reagan to increase taxes and do spending cuts. Then they never made the spending cuts. Now Obama has been calling for this balanced approach for months then just this week made a speech saying he now wants the tax increases immediately but we'll talk about spending cuts later.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Looks like I hit a nerve, eh? I think I told you previously that when insulted, I just consider the source. Not a problem...
Notice how you avoided the question.... I asked you "why do you deserve any of it"?

So typical of the Obama cult.. when ask a question they divert and avoid. I'll answer for you since you passed. If you are a welfare slug that just means you have nothing of value to offer to society. You are of no value.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

What Obama says and what Obama does are two different things.
It's best to pretty much ignore what he says because he'll say anything. It's a useless exercise to try to reconcile what he says and what he does. What he says is just rhetoric. He'll say whatever sounds good in the moment.

Democrats made a deal with Bush Sr to raise taxes and then do spending cuts. Bush agreed to the tax incrase and then they never did the spending cuts. Democrats made a deal with Reagan to increase taxes and do spending cuts. Then they never made the spending cuts. Now Obama has been calling for this balanced approach for months then just this week made a speech saying he now wants the tax increases immediately but we'll talk about spending cuts later.
Your make a good point, he never does do what he says.

A few years ago, when he promised to cut the deficit in half he increased it higher than Bush did in 8 years. There is one example of not doing what he says he will do.

Today Obama said, “Our ultimate goal is an agreement that gets our long-term deficit under control in a way that is fair and balanced.” He is idea of a balanced approach is to raise taxes but balks on spending cuts. His idea of balanced really means one sided. Goes to show us again, he does not do what he says.

Obama is saying that raising taxes will help pay down debt. But we know he intends to increase spending. It will be interesting to watch how the media gives him a pass on the fallout from higher taxes and an increase in spending.

Last edited by petch751; 11-29-2012 at 12:35 AM..

Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Notice how you avoided the question.... I asked you "why do you deserve any of it"?
So typical of the Obama cult.. when ask a question they divert and avoid. I'll answer for you since you passed. If you are a welfare slug that just means you have nothing of value to offer to society. You are of no value.
Well, your job on this forum is to just jerk people around. You just ignore all evidence and continue with your right-wing script. There is nothing sincere about anything you say. you try to get responses to nonsensical questions, wasting people's time - not worth it.
Read all the threads, and search for info concerning your handlers and chums - the much more destructive and corrupt right-wing corporate "slugs" who are transforming this country as we speak.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
How odd.

His mother devoted her entire professional life to promoting capitalism in the third world through microfinance.

His grandmother was banker.

His grandfather was a small businessman.

What alternative universe did you say you lived in?
Who ALL embraced communism.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Explain that to the stock market.

Republican intransigence.

Perhaps you should watch the news more rather than just listen to the voices in your head.

Hmmm... another guy who is angry at the President's plan and has no idea what it actually is.

It is pandemic on the right.
What plan? There IS no plan.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
What Obama says and what Obama does are two different things. It's best to pretty much ignore what he says because he'll say anything. It's a useless exercise to try to reconcile what he says and what he does. What he says is just rhetoric. He'll say whatever sounds good in the moment.

Exactly. How many times is Charlie Brown going to let Lucy hold the football?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies