Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times

Advertisements

Where were these folks the last 4 years? Now all I see is Republicans who want to cooperate and work with Democrats. Very little angst and confrontation. It's nice to see but then I wonder what could have been if they would have been nicer and better to the President the last 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
It's about to stop if Democrats think Republicans are stupid enough to give them tax increases now and discuss cuts next year.

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Republicans are working with Democrats in order to allow the "bottoming out" of the United States. Republicans are wise to let the country hit rock-bottom under Democratic policies instead of kicking the can down the road and delaying the inevitable. It can only help the GOP when Democrats are given the opportunity to turn America in to Greece.

I say go for it. Let the Democrats seal their fate as the leadership who took America to its financial grave.

3,457 posts, read 4,651,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Where were these folks the last 4 years? Now all I see is Republicans who want to cooperate and work with Democrats. Very little angst and confrontation. It's nice to see but then I wonder what could have been if they would have been nicer and better to the President the last 4 years.
I think you have that backwards. Obama was the one who said : "We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Obama has shown 0 desire to work with the Republicans. When it came time for health care reform, the Republican proposals were all ignored and we had ObamaCare forced on us.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Republicans are working with Democrats in order to allow the "bottoming out" of the United States. Republicans are wise to let the country hit rock-bottom under Democratic policies instead of kicking the can down the road and delaying the inevitable. It can only help the GOP when Democrats are given the opportunity to turn America in to Greece.

I say go for it. Let the Democrats seal their fate as the leadership who took America to its financial grave.
You mean with policies like this?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
You mean with policies like this?
As history goes, no one will remember what Carter, Reagan, Bush, or Clinton did. History will remember George W. Bush as the arbiter of debt spending and Barack Obama as the leader who not only did nothing to stop the bleeding, but never even tried to patch it.

Anemic labor participation rate. Entitlement spending. Debt service. Safety net expansion. Tax Increases. All of these will be attributed to Barack Obama, and the final tally of $22T or more will be uniquely his to answer for.

How long do you think we can go down this path before **** hits the fan? Forever?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
I don't know because more than 2 years ago, they were Dems that were the majority. And they got nothing done then either.

Hmmmm, doesn't seem to matter when the President proposes nothing, there's nothing to cooperate with.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:46 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It's about to stop if Democrats think Republicans are stupid enough to give them tax increases now and discuss cuts next year.
Obama has not increased and is not "increasing taxes". Where did you hear this?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
At this point it's inevitable that the country is in trouble. I guess the idea is to let Obama have what he wants so it's completely on him.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Which leaves Obama absolutely no excuses whatsoever not to turn around the economy and create all those millions of jobs he promised to create. And balance the budget. Get to work Obama --- nothing preventing you now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies