Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times

Advertisements

The only thug was the one that shot and ran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Um..I'm sorry did you see anywhere in my post where I mentioned Trayvon Martin? I simply copied and pasted the titles of the articles. Perhaps you should stop trying to make assumptions about people intent.
You didn't have to mention TM in your post. ALL your links did that for you. Or should people be selective in what they read?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
70% of the population will because if legalized 70% would have killed a black youth on the spot, young black men have no idea how much their actually hated. If they knew they would do half of what they do,

The white guy was just scared, most likely didn't care for black men anyways and overreacted.

If you look at the pic of the kid who got killed, thug isn't what ill call him.
Ever notice why people are not quick to pull a gun on a White, Asian, or Indian man? Hmm, I wonder why that could be....

Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Ever notice why people are not quick to pull a gun on a White, Asian, or Indian man? Hmm, I wonder why that could be....
Because they only have irrational fears about black men?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The gun issue is not relevant as to whether or not they had a gun (and I think they did have one). What is relevant here is whether or not the man had reasonable FEAR of being harmed. He requested that they turn down their garbage rap. They proceeded to cuss and threaten his physical safety. They began to open the doors to the vehicle was in. 4 thug teenagers. This is enough to make a reasonable person think that they are in grave danger. It sure as hell would make me think so. And under Stand Your Ground, if you reasonably feel you are about to be harmed, you may use deadly force.
The man is an idiot. You don't call out "thugs", or anyone else. Get your gas and leave.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The gun issue is not relevant as to whether or not they had a gun (and I think they did have one). What is relevant here is whether or not the man had reasonable FEAR of being harmed. He requested that they turn down their garbage rap. They proceeded to cuss and threaten his physical safety. They began to open the doors to the vehicle was in. 4 thug teenagers. This is enough to make a reasonable person think that they are in grave danger. It sure as hell would make me think so. And under Stand Your Ground, if you reasonably feel you are about to be harmed, you may use deadly force.
Were you there? Did you hear the conversation? Do you go on third party statements? Do you rely on news reports - if you read the links they differ. How do you know that Dunn is telling the truth? Because he's white and it's not possible he would lie about something like that?

When you shoot off 8 or 9 bullets you have to be looking to do some damage and you definitely have to hit "something". In this case it was a boy who Dunn ended up killing. Seems to me if the teens did have a gun they would have shot back once Dunn started shooting. I guess Dunn saw a "rifle" when one of the teens put his arm outside the car. Yeah, that's the ticket!!! Dunn's defense: It was dark and I saw something long and brown stick out of the car window and thought it was a rifle. How was I suppose to know it was an arm?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Because they only have irrational fears about black men?
No, it's because crime statistics don't lie. Don't want an entire sub group of your race looked upon as thugs? Then stop acting like thugs in at such a incredible rate. Simple as that. Oh, and this is not a racist American thing. Travel to just about any non-black majority country and you will encounter the same exact attitude.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
No, it's because crime statistics don't lie. Don't want an entire sub group of your race looked upon as thugs? Then stop acting like thugs in at such a incredible rate. Simple as that. Oh, and this is not a racist American thing. Travel to just about any non-black majority country and you will encounter the same exact attitude.
That's nonsense. One person has nothing to do with another. So because of crime stats and the implied right to look at an entire subgroup of one race as thugs, you can just shoot them indiscriminately over loud music? LOL...really? Based on what? Fear of a non-existent weapon in the car? Or because other people that look somewhat like them are thugs?

Please. You're out to lunch. Go back to work.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times
if they had a shotgun, he wouldn't be alive rite now
its amazing that some try to justify his actions, lets not kid ourselves that if it was the other way around you racist hicks would NEVER justify a black man's actions shooting unarmed white people cuz he felt threatened so stop pretending like it's just about justice and protecting yourself, sounds ridiculous, anyone can kill anyone then and say they were cussed at and thought they saw a gun, come on

Old 11-29-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's nonsense. One person has nothing to do with another. So because of crime stats and the implied right to look at an entire subgroup of one race as thugs, you can just shoot them indiscriminately over loud music? LOL...really? Based on what? Fear of a non-existent weapon in the car? Or because other people that look somewhat like them are thugs?

Please. You're out to lunch. Go back to work.
That's not why I was implying at all. I think what this guy did was completely wrong. I was responding to the posters assertion that non-whites have an irrational fear of black men. I think many non-whites do fear young black men. That still doesn't give them a right to shoot them at the slightest provocation or interaction. My guess is this guy was drunk, looking for a fight, then panicked and drove off as soon as he was done unloading his gun in to the car. If he truly thought he was in danger then he would have called the police himself and waited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies