Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
LOLOLOL, you're worried about "disenfranchisement", you poor widdle thing. White men have OWNED the "franchise" since Adam, and here in the 21st century you've got your panties all in a twist because minorities and women are finally catching up.

Newsflash: Just because some folks are FINALLY gaining the "franchise" that you've always had, it doesn't mean you're being disenfranchised. Get. Over. Yourself.
It isn't about gender or race. It is about liberal policies that are a detriment to this country morally, fiscally and politically.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
No war but if you want to be the angry old white guy telling everyone to get off your lawn and you want to return the days of 1950 then you will be left in the cold. Get on board, we are moving to national health care progresive ideas where gays have rights to live in peace and marry, where women don't have to be assaulted by some religious nut who loves a tub of goo more than a real child. I think if you watch John Hage and Pat Robertson and Jim Swaggart ect you will see a lot of hate.
Angry old white guy? Here we go with the race card again. Do you actually think that it is only old white guys that disagree with the liberal policies of the left? I don't know of any "regular mainstream" conservatives who want to return to 1950 in terms of the racism that existed but there was a lot more morality in the 50's than there is today.

Leave it to the left to bring up the radical nut cases as representative of the majority of the right. It is what you do best. How about Reverend Wright, Jesse Jackson, etc. on your side of the aisle? I don't use them as examples to demonize the entire left but two can play the same game, you know.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Angry old white guy? Here we go with the race card again. Do you actually think that it is only old white guys that disagree with the liberal policies of the left? I don't know of any "regular mainstream" conservatives who want to return to 1950 in terms of the racism that existed but there was a lot more morality in the 50's than there is today.

Leave it to the left to bring up the radical nut cases as representative of the majority of the right. It is what you do best. How about Reverend Wright, Jesse Jackson, etc. on your side of the aisle? I don't use them as examples to demonize the entire left but two can play the same game, you know.

Just the fact that anyone who disagrees with ANYTHING that the current administration wants to do is automatically lumped in as wanting to go back to the 1950s is a sign that the Democrats hate white men. As soon as you support ANYTHING that helps white people and/or men, no matter how logical it might seem, liberals are quick to label you as a racist, misogynist neanderthal. This is the administration that passed a stimulus package skewed toward creating jobs for women and minorities, in a recession where the vast majority of people losing their jobs were blue-collar white men.

Make no mistake guys. If you are a white male, this administration hates you. Ask yourself, what has the current administration done to make your life better than it was 4 years ago? What have they done about divorce courts? What have they done about gas prices, unemployment, the economy, paternity rights, taxes, or any other issue that affects white men? What have they done to help any working-class industry outside of the auto industry?

How many more minorities are eligible for government benefits than white people, and how many more women receive benefits than men? It's hugely disproportionate.

Nobody thinks we should go back to the 1950s. Maybe 1% of extremists want to go back to those days, but the vast majority do not. But white men today have legitimate issues that the current administration has no intentions of addressing.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Just the fact that anyone who disagrees with ANYTHING that the current administration wants to do is automatically lumped in as wanting to go back to the 1950s is a sign that the Democrats hate white men. As soon as you support ANYTHING that helps white people and/or men, no matter how logical it might seem, liberals are quick to label you as a racist, misogynist neanderthal. This is the administration that passed a stimulus package skewed toward creating jobs for women and minorities, in a recession where the vast majority of people losing their jobs were blue-collar white men.

Make no mistake guys. If you are a white male, this administration hates you. Ask yourself, what has the current administration done to make your life better than it was 4 years ago? What have they done about divorce courts? What have they done about gas prices, unemployment, the economy, paternity rights, taxes, or any other issue that affects white men? What have they done to help any working-class industry outside of the auto industry?

How many more minorities are eligible for government benefits than white people, and how many more women receive benefits than men? It's hugely disproportionate.

Nobody thinks we should go back to the 1950s. Maybe 1% of extremists want to go back to those days, but the vast majority do not. But white men today have legitimate issues that the current administration has no intentions of addressing.
I'm a Democrat and an old white guy. My party loves me and millions of more guys just like me.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm a Democrat and an old white guy. My party loves me and millions of more guys just like me.
I am not old, but I sure as heck am a white dude and I am a Democrat. The Democratic party doesn't hate me.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It isn't about gender or race. It is about liberal policies that are a detriment to this country morally, fiscally and politically.
LOL Good one.

Oh, wait, you're serious?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
War on White Men? Once all you strong, virile, god loving, flag waving righties goes and fights in an actual campaign of war. Then, you can come back and talk about the war being waged against the poor, helpless, under privileged white men. Talk about a bunch of drama queens. Sheesh Louise!

Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post

Like this one...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-american.html

Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
male wasps comprising 38% of the community are a hunted species blamed for just about everything since the dawn of man.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
male wasps comprising 38% of the community are a hunted species blamed for just about everything since the dawn of man.
Great thread title. Do you mind if I steal it(ahem, I mean borrow it) from you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies