Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,347,238 times

Advertisements

My Profile:

White
Male
Young 24
Conservative

Then again I'm not struggling and don't need any assistant!

Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Who needs white people anymore? The world would be soooo much better off had we not invented electricity, the telephone, the internet or computers.
and White supremacy!

Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Really? We've held the US back? I'm sure the US would be soooooo much better if blacks or latinos ran the place because every country they run is totally thriving.
Wow! that is blatantly racist and really not surprising to see this on this thread sadly.

There aren't any words to describe just how vile your words are.

By you posting this it just proves the point many of us here including myself have said about angry white men, please by all means continue to shove your foot further and deeper in your mouth.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Wow! that is blatantly racist and really not surprising to see this on this thread sadly.

Refute what he said using examples. Where is the location where the groups that he mentioned are in charge and the location is thriving?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerspicaciousE View Post
So I guess no white male here was offended by that commercial for Cheerios when the wife basically (and smuggly may I add) insinuated her husband was an idiot for not reading the Cheerios box or the commercial for Bourson Cheese where the white boyfriend gets snacks for his girlfriend's party and she snidly remarks "you got it right, THIS time".

The issue isn't about power shifts. It is about how the media mocks white men as stupid.

As a white woman I find this insulting. If I were a white man, I would find it über insulting
Oh, please. The media, particularly commercials, mock ALL men as stupid.

As for the OP: this is about as real as the war on Christmas.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The are lots of whites who feel guilty about being white and so-called "white privilege". I'm not saying it's all or most, but it isn't an insignificant number either.
So are you saying that the reason white liberals are liberal is because of white guilt?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:31 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post

This is an internet forum and you should probably not take much here to seriously. It’s filled with high school children, cowards, and a few posters trying to have intelligent conversations.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Refute what he said using examples. Where is the location where the groups that he mentioned are in charge and the location is thriving?
Julian made HIS point. He doesn't owe anything to that idiotic response.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So are you saying that the reason white liberals are liberal is because of white guilt?
No. I'm saying white liberals are more prone to feel white guilt in the same way they are prone to apologize for things America has done over the years. I would say that its a requirement to be liberal to feel white guilt, because no conservative or libertarian I know feels guilty for being white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Julian made HIS point. He doesn't need to help the guy whose pink panties got twisted in a knot.
He made a point but couldn't back it up. He said the post was racist but couldn't provide an example as to how it was untrue.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I will preface that I am not offended, but how about every commercial where the black guy is the smart one and the white guy is the bumbling fool? Or, how about when the media wants to show a mixed couple, so they show a black guy with an Asian girl.....why not an Asian guy with a white girl or black girl. I crack up and think, "what kind of idiots are making these commercials?".
I've seen commercials with black men and white women, Hispanic women and white men...
I think it depends on where you live. They tailor the commercials for the local market doncha know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies