Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So are jurors free to acquit if they disagree with a law under which a defendant is charged?
Yes, it is known as jury nullification.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
It is as if I stepped through a worm hole and have entered another universe...Why not take this whole concept right into the far future and pass laws of equality were there will be compulsory penis amputations at birth? Why wait - let the progressive move forward 100 years and get to it.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Only if you believe that Congress and the Supreme Court don't offer prayer every morning....
THe US law comes from the Mosaic... "Moses" "Bible" "Law"
No, actually it doesn't. There are 613 Mosaic Laws. The US ignores about 95% of them.

991 posts, read 1,109,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No one in their right mind would now marry. Why would you enter into an institution or contract that means nothing? Good luck pretending you are your mother and father if you are gay or lesbian...everyone is entitled to live in a fantasy. I just can't live in yours. Marriage is no longer the mating of two people of the opposite sex...so in essence...Marriage really does not exist...If we were to travel back 40 years and see these developments - we would think we were in a bad science fiction movie...it is absolutely fantastic...bizarre. Sure we have slowly been conditioned to strange things but this is amazing...I suggest that we all fit into this brave new world and start off with penis amputation at birth...Give it 60 years and it might become the new circumcision.
Tradition...just because we have done something a certain way for a long time doesn't mean it is not stupid. Many traditions are arbitrary and have little value. Frankly, if you need your marriage to "mean something" other than a commitment to your spouse, then I don't know how to help you.

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
WHere do you think anglo saxon common law came from?
you fail. Anglo Saxon law is based on previous laws established by the Roman Empire (before Christianity pervaded) and Germanic law.

Quote:
I'd rather be a bigot than a homo-sex deviant.
wallow in your ignorance seeing a homosexuality is no more deviant then sex engaged by heterosexuals.

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Really? Means nothing? How about love, dedication, and support? That means nothing?

Oh and the 1300+ benefits that are afforded through marriage?
HOw about the tax benefits?

Hell yea

Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 PM

904 posts, read 687,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What would you call "women on women" genius? Same-sex female relationships are not mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.

Then you are intentionally being inaccurate and insulting. "Sodomite" is offensive and if you continue to use it, I will report you for obnoxious language.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Report away! Sodomite is a religious term. It is my religious freedom to speak such. If City Data is against religious freedom, they can do as they please. It is their site.

I'm offended you wish to hush my beliefs.

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
These people bristle when anyone suggests that an interested person read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah
And there you have it. It's a story, nothing more. The bible is a work of fiction, just like the koran and the book of Mormon.

Your spewing about religion and god has absolutely no relevance to those of us who choose (and make no mistake -- religion, UNLIKE homosexuality, is a choice) not to believe in them. Nor are they relevant to the issue at hand, because as much as it might pain you to acknowledge it, the U.S. is not a theocracy.

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
WHere do you think anglo saxon common law came from?

I'd rather be a bigot than a homo-sex deviant.
Despite the fact that Jesus Christ said people with your attitude will not be welcome by him? You do realize you're directly defying Jesus' very own teachings right?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times
Quote:
Your freedom to destroy yourself and your girlfriend. Do you have any idea how semen destroys your girlfriends colon? You really seem to care about your own selfish fetish, than her health.
I leave the money shot for her face, if that makes you feel any better.

Well one time, I finished on a bible just because it was in a drawer in the hotel room while we were on vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies