Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Any serious research needs funding.
The keyword here being "serious". The idea of "training out the gay" has been so thoroughly discredited that no "serious" scientist would consider such a thing.

Or are you suggesting that we should, in fact, be spending money researching the theory that the earth is really flat after all?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee2 View Post
If any one state recognized minors getting married and other states refused to recognize those marriages, the Courts would be asked to step in. Marriage license are civil contracts.

Driver licenses are a privilege, not a right. Licenses are not legal contracts. A plumber with a license in one state has no case if another state refuses to recognize their license. Same with law licenses.
state are not required to except other states marriages
294 F2d 500 Metropolitan Life Insurance Company v. J Chase | OpenJurist

Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM

222 posts, read 231,839 times
dueling blogs? LOL Why states are required to recognize each other’s marriage certificates « Zbigniew Mazurak's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
give logical difference between that and marriage because you failed big time.

If any one state recognized minors getting married and other states refused to recognize those marriages, the Courts would be asked to step in. Marriage license are civil contracts.

Driver licenses are a privilege, not a right. Licenses are not legal contracts. A plumber with a license in one state has no case if another state refuses to recognize their license. Same with law licenses.
Quote:
state are not required to except[sic] other states marriages
Art. IV, Sec. 1.
“Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.”

Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
There has been no evidence sexual orientation is nature. I believe there is no 'gay' or 'hetero' gene. There are genes and sequences that may affect preferences before birth, but nurture must have some role.

Sexual preferences like fetishes have a psychological component
Actually there is evidence sexual orientation is biologically fixed at birth. The brains of gays are structured differently, and that change happens in the uterus.

Over a hundred years of research has shown no indication that parenting or early childhood environment has any affect on orientation.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Dude, do you ever bother reading your cites? There is no material facts in that case that apply to the full faith and credit clause. A void contract has no force and no other state need recognize it. You cannot enter into a second marriage contract while you are still under your first marriage contract.

If you sign a player contract with the Yankees you cannot wander off and sign another with another team.

Quit wasting other ppl'a time with your unresearched nonsense.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:31 PM

753 posts, read 728,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Dude, do you ever bother reading your cites? There is no material facts in that case that apply to the full faith and credit clause. I voided contract has no force and no other state need recognize it. You cannot enter into a second marriage contract while you are still under your first marriage contract.

Quit wasting other ppl'a time with your unresearched nonsense.
That notwithstanding, states are not required to recognize marriages from other states of a type that state does not recognize. And they never have been. Note that I am not speaking merely of same-sex marriages here.

This is why all the litigation over DOMA revolves around Section 3, which pertains to federal recognition of state-sanctioned same-sex marriage.

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
That case was dealing with common law marriage. The deceased had a ceremony without ever having a legal marriage certificate. There was no public record to be recognized by another state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I read it sometime before. You can search for it on line and judge by yourself. Usually these studies are controversial because there are many interpretations.

Many African countries allow polygamy. In fact I consider it appropriate. I don't want to stir more fights but I think different people have different culture, different biological traits, and thus different marriage forms.
I do NOT believe humans are strictly identical.
Michael-In-Norfolk - Coming Out in Mid-Life: 10 Years of Gay Marriage in the Netherlands - And Gays Have a Lower Divorce Rate

The divorce rate for gays in the Netherlands (now at 11 years since it was instituted), is about 5%, with lesbians having a higher rate than gay men. The heterosexual rate of divorce is 38%.

This is apparently also true in the UK, Denmark, Canada, and US states with same-sex marriage.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM

222 posts, read 231,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually there is evidence sexual orientation is biologically fixed at birth. The brains of gays are structured differently, and that change happens in the uterus.

Over a hundred years of research has shown no indication that parenting or early childhood environment has any affect on orientation.
There is no scientific evidence that someone is gay at birth. But like I said before, I believe sexuality is fixed during the psycho-sexual development of individuals.

Sexual preference and fetishes. Tell me the difference? Pederasts? Why are so many pederasts sexually attracted to children of both sexes?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
The odd thing is many of the same people who are ignorant on the science surrounding sexuality, are some of the same people who recognize the faux science in others on anti-evolution.

Critical thinking skill sets in America are in the gutter. I do not believe a gay person can easily or possibly change their preferences after they have been selected. Many supporters of the 'born' gay persuasion link being against that idea as being anti-gay. People have a psych-sexual development that sets their path later in life. One need not support the 'born' gay propaganda to believe gays cannot be reprogrammed straight
Except the apparent sexual orientation of a child is quite noticeable at very young ages. The notion of orientation being set at birth is better supported than it being learned.

And your theory wouldn't make sense in application to other species, unless you're suggesting fruit flies expose their offspring to gay things, leading to them developing a homosexual orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies