Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,603,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
My sentiments exactly. They are getting a little bit of the misery all of America has felt and will feel in spades in the future.

Just get used to it, cause you aren't a Citizen anymore, you're just a Subject.
Was that an act of Congress or a Supreme Court ruling?

Link, please.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:56 PM

56,927 posts, read 25,867,014 times
I understand the anger but where do you suddenly place 1000 people that are suddenly homeless, maybe the OP has some ideas. FEMA has done everything they could under the circumstances, thie is the worst storm we have ever seen in terms of damage.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,153,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Not sure what you are talking about.

My school and students were some of the most effected in the state. FEMA has put all of our displaced students, all in middle class families, in nice, rental homes and condos, most within days of the hurricane. What are they supposed to be doing faster? They are already giving out money for homes, cars, and even clothing. If they give it out with any less tape the people in need will immediately outnumbered by con men trying to get easy money.
BS.

Name the city and state.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,491,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I'm sure many tens of millions of Americans feel as I do - the lying scumbag bastard can go to hell...
Nah, he's just going back to the White House for another four years and you'll still be bitter. Enjoy January 20, 2013January 20, 2017

Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you live anywhere that was effected by Sandy?
I do. And I'm on the north shore of LI which wasn't as badly hit as the south shore and those folks in Staten Island. Obama is a lying POS and flew in and flew out for his photo op.

It is now 60 days 32 days since the storm hit. There are still huge piles of trees on every roadside, some people STILL don't have power and in my case, the main road into our village was washed out and no work has begun to repair it. Our little local businesses are totally screwed.

But then again, we're mostly white people. Why should a black President care about us?

Last edited by ObserverNY; 11-30-2012 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: error correction in red

Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,406,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You misunderstand (not surprising).

I was addressing your slurs against the President.

In any case, stating "You are racist" is not an observation, it is name-calling.

If you were merely observing, you would write "you appear to be racist" or "to me, you seem racist".

So, as Dale Cooper would say, "your public education is showing".
Is that how it works. A Democrat or a Liberals calls someone who disagrees with them a racist it's not a problem but the other way around it's name calling.

The problem for you is call me what you like because it's so overused that you never know maybe after this president could it be that you over played your race card?

Liberals are using blacks. They think blacks are too dumb.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,020,288 times
Maybe the Sandy storm victims need Shepard Smith from Fox standing on a bridge crying for a week and asking 'where is FEMA?'

Old 11-30-2012, 07:16 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,406,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I do. And I'm on the north shore of LI which wasn't as badly hit as the south shore and those folks in Staten Island. Obama is a lying POS and flew in and flew out for his photo op.

It is now 60 days since the storm hit. There are still huge piles of trees on every roadside, some people STILL don't have power and in my case, the main road into our village was washed out and no work has begun to repair it. Our little local businesses are totally screwed.

But then again, we're mostly white people. Why should a black President care about us?
Of course Obama flew in... smiled... and flew out. Think about Obama sitting in his home in Hawaii while these people are left out in the cold.

Obama got what he wanted and now they are screwed. And the racist democrats think they are so special that it will be different for them.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,028,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post

It is now 60 days since the storm hit. There are still huge piles of trees on every roadside, some people STILL don't have power and in my case, the main road into our village was washed out and no work has begun to repair it. Our little local businesses are totally screwed.

We live in a metro of over 8 million people, did you honestly think this would be fixed overnight? Typical New York logic I guess, everything must be done yesterday.

Were you hoping Obama would be out there building houses for those were effected by the storm? Also, if Obama did make several stops to the damaged areas, won't that be worse because it would take people off repairing the region so that they can do security for the president. Personally I think it would be a negative thing for him to make several visits because it would just get in the way. Besides, this is the 21st Century, I think a president can oversee repairs going on in disaster areas without actually having to be there.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We live in a metro of over 8 million people, did you honestly think this would be
fixed overnight? Typical New York logic I guess, everything must be done yesterday.

Were you hoping Obama would be out there building houses for those were effected by the storm? Also, if Obama did make several stops to the damaged areas, won't that be worse because it would take people off repairing the region so that they can do security for the president. Personally I think it would be a negative thing for him to make several visits because it would just get in the way. Besides, this is the 21st Century, I think a president can oversee repairs going on in disaster areas without actually having to be there.
60 days 32 days without anything happening for some folks, is "overnight"? We're being told it will take a MINIMUM of 9 months before the main road into my village is repaired. (It is a County road). If the government is telling us a minimum of 9 months, you can bet your Obama dollar it will be at least 2-3 years before it's done. If ever. But, as I said before, it's all white folks around here. We should be able to re-build our own seawalls and county roads by ourselves, right?

Spare us the photo ops and CUT THE RED TAPE LIKE YOU PROMISED Obama! The National Flood Insurance program doesn't have enough money to pay out all of the claims! Homeowners in flood prone areas PAID their premiums every year, but now .gov, which never should have gotten into the insurance business in the first place, can't fulfill its policies.

But hey, Obama's dog handler gets paid over $100,000 a year. That makes things all better for families who have nowhere to live as Christmas approaches.

Last edited by ObserverNY; 11-30-2012 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: correction in red
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies