Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,592,143 times

Advertisements

This is one of those "rich white guys" but I sure like what he is saying....I hope it is effective. (sorry if this has already been posted)

Quote:
Texas Rep. Michael McCaul, the incoming chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, is wasting no time with niceties when it comes to the Obama administration, which he says has a disturbing tendency to downplay terrorism.
Quote:
The 50-year-old Republican, who will take over for Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., has already scheduled a meeting with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, and he has a laundry list of complaints - topped by what he considers the Obama administration's downplaying of terrorism.
"There is definitely an attempt to downgrade the threat by the administration."

- Texas Rep. Mike McCaul

"There is definitely an attempt to downgrade the threat by the administration," McCaul told FoxNews.com. "They don't use the 'T' word."
The administration has been criticized for branding the 2009 Fort Hood shootings as "workplace violence," even though the gunman who killed 13 people, Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, was an Islamic extremist who had been in contact with radical Muslm cleric Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen. The administration has also been criticized for downplaying Al Qaeda's links to the September attack in Libya that killed a US ambassodor
and three other Americans....snipped....

Read more: Key GOP lawmaker blasts Obama administration for downplaying terrorism | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,180,571 times
He represents an interesting district, from near Houston over to Austin. Will be interesting if Napolitano doesn't eat his lunch. We'll see what he's made of.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
He represents an interesting district, from near Houston over to Austin. Will be interesting if Napolitano doesn't eat his lunch. We'll see what he's made of.
Hopefully, he's got starch...I hope so.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,409,839 times
Talking Let's bring back the colored "threat level" charts so we can aget a daily read on scared we should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Hopefully, he's got starch...I hope so.
Some starch would be good for this goober.

Because if his brains were dynamite, he couldn't blow his nose.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Some starch would be good for this goober.

Because if his brains were dynamite, he couldn't blow his nose.
That's interesting. I may have to read up on him. This was the first take, so to speak.....do you know him ? Why do you say what you did ? You are in Texas ?

Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,409,839 times
Quote:
That's interesting. I may have to read up on him. This was the first take, so to speak.....do you know him ? Why do you say what you did ? You are in Texas ?

This guy is a RWNJ with his brain totally fogged by fundamental religiosity. Typical of the multiple religious lunatics Texas has elected in recent years.

An example:

In August 2011 AlterNet reported that McCaul, along with John Culberson and Ted Poe were stripping away the basic right of deceased soldiers families to choose which prayers, if any, were to be read at a soldiers funeral. It was reported that the three politicians were attempting to impose Christian ceremonies on the military funerals of everybody who has served in the military, regardless of whether or not the deceased was Christian and with or without the consent of the family of the deceased.[3][4] The three politicians state their demands are a response to Veteran Affairs banning Christian prayers at military funerals, a claim Veterans Affairs state is completely false.

Michael McCaul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More here:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Tx/Michael_McCaul.htm

Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,393,507 times
Quote:
Well; anyone prepared to focus on and castigate Homeland Security for NOT playing up the terrorist angle is just plain nuts. How much more do you folks need to infuse yourselves with pointless fear.

What's next; a demand for motor traffic to all have a walking flag man ahead of every car because you could get hurt by one of those things?

All this angst over terrorism to the point you seem willing to give up your individual rights 'cause there a nutbar living in a cave somewhere who hates your guts just isn't healthy and flys directly in the face of all that "Home of the Brave and Land of the Free" Stuff you continually belabour.

Napolitanonuts wouldn't secure her own border when Gov of Az so why expect her to do anything meaningful now? She'll trot out the traditional idiocy regarding the border with Canada and continue to ignore that one south of you that's as porous as a rotten sock. Buncha morons.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 AM

I think the portrayal of the nutcase military doctor as a workplace incident was ludicrous and makes the administration look so. We aren't children or idiots....call it what it was.

The "incident" in Benghazi was terrorism, so call it what it is. Is that so hard ? Otherwise, it makes us look like fools.

I do not live in fear of terrorism or does anyone else that I know of. I like being aware of what is going on and I don't like being treated like an ignorant child about national concerns.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies