Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 PM

66 posts, read 157,231 times

Advertisements

We don't hate the military but we don't like simplistic thinking that paints all people of a political persuasion with such a broad brush. Please don't use one isolated example and conclude that all liberals think in lockstep the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why is it that liberals hate the military so much? Not just the concept, but the individuals. Here's one example:

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”
- John Kerry

And just in general, everywhere you turn there's a leftist group hating on our men and women in uniform. It's always the left that's calling them pigs or war mongerers.

Here's an example where liberal PUBLIC school system in San Francisco dumped JROTC:

SAN FRANCISCO / School board votes to dump JROTC program - SFGate

By the way, they receive federal funding.

Liberals, why do you hate the military so much? Why do you hate these men and women in uniform? These people sacrifice their lives so you can vote your ill-informed ways. Have you a shred of appreciation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No one is forcing students to join the JROTC. It's voluntary. If no one volunteers, no JROTC.

I know that. So what's your point?

Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Quote:
Why is it that liberals hate the military so much? Not just the concept, but the individuals.
Hate the military? No. I like being safe. What I don't like is waste.

Those who join our armed services should be respected. They risk their lives for the wealthy. I hate them being killed for money.

It is how it is.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Why is it that liberals hate the military so much? Not just the concept, but the individuals. Here's one example:

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”
- John Kerry

And just in general, everywhere you turn there's a leftist group hating on our men and women in uniform. It's always the left that's calling them pigs or war mongerers.

Here's an example where liberal PUBLIC school system in San Francisco dumped JROTC:

SAN FRANCISCO / School board votes to dump JROTC program - SFGate

By the way, they receive federal funding.

Liberals, why do you hate the military so much? Why do you hate these men and women in uniform? These people sacrifice their lives so you can vote your ill-informed ways. Have you a shred of appreciation?
Liberals don't hate the military, and they certainly don't hate the people who serve in it. The hate the politicians (and their media allies) who support unnecessary wars that needlessly get men and women in uniform hurt and killed. I think it is hilarious that conservatives, who have never seen a war they didn't like, have never hesitated for a moment to send brave soldiers to their deaths, have the nerve to say liberals hate those who serve. You ought to be ashamed.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I'm a liberal and I don't hate the military. I respect and appreciate them.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Most liberals don't.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Most liberals don't.
I don't know any liberals who hate the military.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 AM

169 posts, read 113,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
you are aware kerry served, right?

we actually support the military more than the R's. We don't want to send any of the boys (and girls) in harms way. We want to keep them all at home and bring them back from foreign bases and lands.

who likes the military more?

Those that send the kids out to get their head blown off, to get permanently scarred for life, or to put them in situations where they develop PTSD and come back home to blow their brains out........

or those that want to reduce our military and footprint around the world, to keep our boys and girls at home so they are not put in harms way unnecessarily?

I would think the latter group has those boys/girls well being at heart much more so than the first group who views them as cannon fodder/policemen of the world.

We have a military for a reason and, unfortunately, sometimes that means we go to war and people get killed or seriously wounded. You sound like the kids who sign up for the military for the medical benefits/30 day's paid vacation every year/guaranteed paycheck (which usually sucks)/travel opportunities, but then get pissed when they realize they actually have to work every day, get deployed to dangerous places, and are sometimes separated from their families. It's as if anyone who signs up just wants to serve during peace time so they don't have to be inconvenienced or do the "dirty work" of fighting for our country. There is no point in having a military if we aren't going to use it to protect us. And.....the conservatives aren't the ones who want to gut the military. The liberals are the ones who want to cut pay raises for the troops, get rid of hazardous duty pay, close bases/posts, cut benefits for military personnel, and gut the DoD to protect our country. I don't see where any liberal "likes" or "cares about" the military service members more.......

Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
liberals hate the military because it takes money out of the social welfare programs.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What the inept bureaucrats here in SF do does not define all liberals.

drop all federal funding for schools in the SF area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies