Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I wouldn't have lied and made those big empty promises in the first place.
Again, the president's job is to enable federal funding and resources for the recovery, and to ensure that his FEMA folks are doing what they're supposed to be doing. And he's done that. So your premise is false to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,873,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Instead of just whining, why don't you outline for all of us just exactly what you think the president should be doing right now to aid the Sandy victims?

Please, I am curious.

If you were the president, what would you do?
Cut the red tape he promised to cut. Those people can't get any help because of the red tape. He never planned to help them, he loves to see America in crisis. The downfall of America is his goal. Are you really that blind???

Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,873,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Again, the president's job is to enable federal funding and resources for the recovery, and to ensure that his FEMA folks are doing what they're supposed to be doing. And he's done that. So your premise is false to begin with.
He has NOT done any of that..! FEMA is a bigger disaster than Sandy. Don't you know any facts?

Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Cut the red tape he promised to cut. Those people can't get any help because of the red tape. He never planned to help them, he loves to see America in crisis. The downfall of America is his goal. Are you really that blind???
People there are getting lots of help. I have family there, and I know first-hand what is going on in the New Jersey towns. No, not everything is going perfectly with a recovery operation of this scale, but you can't wave a magic wand and just make everything perfect in the blink of an eye. It's certainly better than after Katrina, when they had people lawlessly raping and killing each other while going hungry in sports stadiums.

Again, the president's job is to enable federal funding and resources for recovery and to ensure with FEMA leadership that the job is being done. It's not to personally go repair all of the roads and beaches.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
He has NOT done any of that..! FEMA is a bigger disaster than Sandy. Don't you know any facts?
Show me those facts stating that there have been no signs of recovery the hurricane area. I'll go looking when I have time and post up some as well.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,640,874 times
Quote:

Please be more specific...what RED TAPE is not being cut?

Old 12-01-2012, 01:07 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But I'll be in Hawaii with my family while you middle class white people sleep in your cars.

Golfing is tiresome. And Moochelle will be thinking of you while she chows down on the best foods and resides in the most exclusive resorts.
What did you expect from the most hollow, vacous, POS ever to seek, much less hold, the office.

What did you expect from that bufoon? After all, he voted "Present" over 150 times as a State Senator (as clueless then as he is clueless now).

A pile of dung doesn't change its stench.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
And the amazing thing is that some people took this long to realize it, and some fools STILL don't get it.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Please be more specific...what RED TAPE is not being cut?
Oh, pease, try that childish stut somewhere else.

All of it. There is no presence, no help no assistance, and dumbo is going on Vacation, where, truth be told, he ought to stay for the next 4 years.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,990,710 times
Just the usual empty rhetoric from the Empty Suit-in-Chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies