Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just don't talk to conservatives about politics. Only talk politics with people of your own ideals.
That should make you feel more secure in yourself especially if you don't have enough data and facts to debate the issues and all you really want to do is agree with someone.

yup.
I decide a couple of years ago to only discuss politics with people in my tax bracket.
The first thing I noticed was I weeded out all the poor liberals who are stuck in the 15% & 25% brackets...

It was nice having adult conversations again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 AM

12 posts, read 9,362 times
Quote:
Where do you live that all you talk to are these types of people ?
Never did I state these are the only people I talk to. But they are a majority.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodHarvey View Post
Never did I state these are the only people I talk to. But they are a majority.
Ok then, where do you live that the majority of the people you talk to are like this ?

Hollywood CA ? (from your screen name)

Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Quote:
For some odd reason whenever a conservative talks to me I am left without the ability to muster up words. Am I in complete shock of their arguments? Am I holding back laughter? Or am I thoroughly disgusted beyond reason?
You might be able to have an intelligent conversation with conservatives like William F. Buckley, Bill Clinton, Colin Powell or David Brooks, but outside of them (if you have a conversation with Bill Buckley, let me know because I want to know if you can in fact take it with you), it is difficult to find one with whom you can converse intelligently.

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
yup.
I decide a couple of years ago to only discuss politics with people in my tax bracket.
The first thing I noticed was I weeded out all the poor liberals who are stuck in the 15% & 25% brackets...

Exhibit A.

Do you recall one of my immutable truths involving the words: "right-wingers," "congenital" and "candor?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
yup.

Ok, there are no wealthy people who are not rwnjs?

Old 12-01-2012, 06:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
For some odd reason whenever a conservative talks to me I am left without the ability to muster up words. Am I in complete shock of their arguments? Am I holding back laughter? Or am I thoroughly disgusted beyond reason?
It is not the conservatives (we have very few of conservatives here), but the mainstream Republicans (we have tons of them here). Sometimes it is best to say nothing, and just change the topic. For example when they go on about how Obama is a muslim from Kenya who wants to destroy America with his private army, it is best to steer the conversation to something else, like football. If they insist on politics, you can ask them who they think will be the next Republican candidate. It is tough to see a friend embarrass himself, so you are only doing them a favor in changing the topic.

Quote:
Ok then, where do you live that the majority of the people you talk to are like this ?

Hollywood CA ? (from your screen name)
Obviously not Hollywood ca, I reside in the Midwest

45,386 posts, read 60,575,206 times
That speechless thing doesn't seem to happening today.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Obviously not Hollywood ca, I reside in the Midwest
Ah..the Bible Belt then I'll assume.

That region got it's name for a reason my friend and is probably no place for a liberal.

I've been to sections of Texas that are religiously Conservative and I found it uncomfortable myself.
Now I'm conservative (probably lean more libertarian), but not a Conservative and I felt that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies