Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What does any of this have to do with the study? And if recreational sex isn't a necessity, why do most if not all humans (both old & young, married & single alike) do it at some point? Heck, according to my 95yo grandmother, even she & my then 80-something grandfather did it until the day he died... and considering her age at the time, I guarantee they weren't trying or capable of making babies.

Stop trying to fight nature, and try fighting the potentially negative effects of this very natural behavior instead.

ahhh ha ha ha what?...are you one of the instructors or something..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
ahhh ha ha ha what?...are you one of the instructors or something..?
Uh, no. But I have worked with at-risk teens throughout my career, and hear firsthand how they think & act on this topic... and trust me, telling them "don't do it" accomplishes absolutely NOTHING. Well, except for increasing their chances of getting pregnant or sick.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Uh, no. But I have worked with at-risk teens ...
Excuse me, but "at risk teens" is considered as racist. The preferable terminology is "at hope" teens.

Key senators would ban terms for kids like “at-risk”, “in poverty” and “disadvantaged” | Political Buzz

Please apologize, and edit your post if it's not too late.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Excuse me, but "at risk teens" is considered as racist. The preferable terminology is "at hope" teens.

Key senators would ban terms for kids like “at-risk”, “in poverty” and “disadvantaged” | Political Buzz

Please apologize, and edit your post if it's not too late.
LOL... I hope you're joking, especially since these teens were/are of EVERY race. And despite what some people might assume about me, I couldn't care less about being PC.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Uh, no. But I have worked with at-risk teens throughout my career, and hear firsthand how they think & act on this topic... and trust me, telling them "don't do it" accomplishes absolutely NOTHING. Well, except for increasing their chances of getting pregnant or sick.

Its one thing to introduce these tools for recreational sex and another to exclude the facts surrounding the situation...for example...
hey girls its more then likely that the guy you will meet, you know that special someone or whatever...will want to have sex with you as though there is a commitment of some kind, and as though he is a normal guy that is interested in caring for another....the fact is that you will most likely be courted by some freak who has no money, no job, full of empty promises for sex, a lier, a cheater who prob lives at home with his Ma...or if he's got bucks prob has at least 3 others...so here is your condom to deal with todays sad excuse of a guy....fully emphasized and in very clear focus without any interference in the chief objective.....the truth for their own good

This way the real problem gets exposed instead of putting a condom over everything. I don't see how this can be argued.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Why are you assuming they exclude this type of information? Maybe they don't put it quite so bluntly, but most sex ed courses these days do give as much info as possible. I personally haven't sat in on a class in many years, but did participate in a "round table" discussion (covering sex and drug use) at the school where I recently worked - and we/they were VERY honest, covering most of the issues you mentioned. The more open and honest you can be, the better in my observations.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Since condoms are an inanimate object this seems like a practice in futility.

I tried negotiating with my front door the other day and it won somehow.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Why are you assuming they exclude this type of information? Maybe they don't put it quite so bluntly, but most sex ed courses these days do give as much info as possible. I personally haven't sat in on a class in many years, but did participate in a "round table" discussion (covering sex and drug use) at the school where I recently worked - and we/they were VERY honest, covering most of the issues you mentioned. The more open and honest you can be, the better in my observations.
because all you need to do is watch the clip for an idea on the tone of the thing. the ole 35 year old women acting like she's doing a soap opera try out talkin away about all the sexy stuff with her freaky eyes popping out...It should be called This is your World Education....its not, the emphasis is on the condom, that is not a wise idea because the condom is just a thing not the issue. Its time for society to fully slam right across the media in every way possible society's nerdy little peeping tom sex junkies,a bunch of brain-dead zombies wrecking the world. So I think for a so called university a pretty poor showing for social order, seems a little weird to me. Thoughtlessness is what is ruining the world therefore the University itself is responsible, for the uneducated thoughtless approach.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:04 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Maybe we should just buy them all abortions instead.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:05 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
What should be patently obvious to everyone is that these people aren't interested in reducing abortions, pregnancies or STDs. If they were interested in all those things, they would be for teaching kids about sex and condoms and birth control. It's really simple: They hate sex without consequences. They hate, hate, hate it. Listen to them for two minutes and it will scream out at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies