U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM

15,256 posts, read 6,702,458 times

Advertisements

Did Karl Rove try to steal the election?

google Karl Rove-Anonymous
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 12:35 PM

I think its the best con.theory around and beats any thing the right is throwing on the wall. But I am just an old guy.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 PM

27,509 posts, read 18,998,694 times
According to Anonymous, the loose internet watchdog group of hackers, Rove did. Supposedly, they will be releasing all their tracking records to Wikileaks soon. Until then, who knows for sure?

But if their claim that Rove's hackers were able to get around the voting machine's firewalls, and that Anonymous was able to hack their hack and set up some new firewalls that stopped Rove's boys is true, the FBI will certainly be combing through the files. I'm sure a couple of the Anonymous group will come forth as a guide to the FBI if it all proves out.

Until then, it's all speculation. But if one of Rove's crew is indicted, I think the hackers will all topple like a house of cards to avoid prison. Following the chain of command will take some time, but if it can be traced all the way to the top, Karl Rove could do 30 years in prison.
Rove may have given himself away on election night on Fox with his absolute confidence that there would be a huge change in the votes starting around 11:00 p.m. election night.

The Ohio voting machines went down at that time in 2008; at the time, the crash was thought to be nothing but a glitch, but Anonymous also claimed Rove's bunch hacked the machines back then, switching Democratic votes to Republican votes. This was the occasion that made Anonymous suspicious, and they have been working on the trail since then.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM

Just saw it today. I was wondering on election day why people were checking their machines to make sure the number changed when the ballot went in.

Not being computer savy,I find this interesting.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:13 PM

35,126 posts, read 15,043,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
According to Anonymous, the loose internet watchdog group of hackers, Rove did. Supposedly, they will be releasing all their tracking records to Wikileaks soon. Until then, who knows for sure?

But if their claim that Rove's hackers were able to get around the voting machine's firewalls, and that Anonymous was able to hack their hack and set up some new firewalls that stopped Rove's boys is true, the FBI will certainly be combing through the files. I'm sure a couple of the Anonymous group will come forth as a guide to the FBI if it all proves out.
It got me thinking.
I wouldn't trust anyone who says they can get into a computer and change things. How do we know anonymous didn't change the results?
I wonder why wouldn't they expose the hack Rove did as soon as they found out?

Old 12-01-2012, 01:21 PM

3,281 posts, read 3,166,579 times
And the left calls reps crazy for believing obama stole the election. This isnt the 1st time dems have accused the right of it! Can I have permission to call you left crazy?

Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 PM

9,747 posts, read 3,942,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It got me thinking.
I wouldn't trust anyone who says they can get into a computer and change things. How do we know anonymous didn't change the results?
Perhaps they don't want to go to jail. Hacking is illegal regardless of intent. Turning over evidence could also mean turning in themselves and therefore they could be exposing themselves to prosecution regardless of their claimed rioghteousness. We probably will never know the truth.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
It got me thinking.
I wonder if what they do is not legal. Hacking into programs is commonplace, the number of sec. updates you get is huge

Good question.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 PM

27,509 posts, read 18,998,694 times
Quote:
It got me thinking.
They did expose the Rove hack the day after the election.
But during election night they were busy building new firewalls to block the Rove hack. Apparently, Anonymous put up firewalls earlier, but a few hours later, Rove's geeks were able to get around the first ones.

That's all according to them, of course. We will soon all learn about it, I'm sure, if they carry out their announced plans to release all files and documents.

For sure, if all this is true, Anonymous has the programming power to change election results, just as Rove's bunch had. Anonymous is an internet vigilante group; they played a big part in the earlier release of the Pentagon and CIA files regarding the illegal detentions that went on in Iraq. I think anything is possible when it comes to the internet these days for good or bad.

There was a tremendous amount of skill at play if all this is true; if the Anonymous hackers are good enough to have accomplished what they claim, I'm sure they are just as expert at covering their cyber tracks. I tend to doubt they will be uncovered. One may come forth, though. AS to whether they broke any laws, that will be a matter for the courts, especially if they were acting on behalf of the voters of Ohio.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:05 PM

46,038 posts, read 32,880,790 times
Oh I would love to see Karl Rove going to federal prison, maybe one day we will get lucky and get to see that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies