Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 05:12 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"Penelope Gnesin and Brenda Sue Fulton, a West Point graduate, exchanged vows in the regal church in a ceremony conducted by a senior Army chaplain.

The ceremony comes a little more than a year after President Obama ended the military policy banning openly gay people from serving.

The two have been together for 17 years...Their marriage was officiated by Army Chaplain Col Wesley Smith of Dover Air Force Base"

West Point chapel hosts first same-sex marriage

Congratulates to the newlyweds.
From the looks of the photos, it doesn't look like many straight people were in attendance. Come to think of it, when Connie Kopelov and Phyllis Seagal, got married, one of them was in a wheel chair. Do you suppose this is becoming a trend?

20yrsinBranson
not impressed.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
From the looks of the photos, it doesn't look like many straight people were in attendance. Come to think of it, when Connie Kopelov and Phyllis Seagal, got married, one of them was in a wheel chair. Do you suppose this is becoming a trend?

20yrsinBranson
not impressed.
How exactly do you tell from a photo whether a person is gay or straight? There were over 250 people at the wedding - where are you coming up with this "it doesn't look like many straight people were in attendance" nonsense (what photos are you looking at?)? Since you seemingly are in the know, how many straight people do you estimate were in attendance (and why on God's green Earth does that matter)?

Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
What a great social novelty that amounts to an ant hill in the mountain of a mess we have in this country today.

Congratulations that you will soon be able to marry somebody of the same sex under the foot of fascism.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Hey, I think marriage is silly but I'm glad they're free to do it.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:35 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
not impressed.
What a bizarre and mean-spirited post.

And I agree with Hammertime33 -- how on earth can you tell from pictures who's straight and who's gay and why on EARTH should that matter?

I wish the happy couple many more decades together.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
not impressed.
As quoted in the article: ' "We had always said that we wanted to get married in New Jersey," Fulton told USA Today, but "we didn't want to wait any longer," particularly because Gnesim, 52, is a breast cancer survivor and suffers from multiple sclerosis.'

And you are making fun of her for BEING IN A WHEELCHAIR. You are much sicker than she has ever been.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What a great social novelty that amounts to an ant hill in the mountain of a mess we have in this country today.

Congratulations that you will soon be able to marry somebody of the same sex under the foot of fascism.
Fascism is a far right wing ideology. Good to see you agree that Right Wing Conservatives are destroying this country.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
As quoted in the article: ' "We had always said that we wanted to get married in New Jersey," Fulton told USA Today, but "we didn't want to wait any longer," particularly because Gnesim, 52, is a breast cancer survivor and suffers from multiple sclerosis.'

And you are making fun of her for BEING IN A WHEELCHAIR. You are much sicker than she has ever been.
Yeah, no kidding... that was lower than low.

And I'll join the others in asking, how can you (20Years) tell the ratio of straight vs gay people at their wedding? I only even see a handful of faces in the pews, and couldn't tell you for a hundred dollars if they're gay or straight. Really now!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"Penelope Gnesin and Brenda Sue Fulton, a West Point graduate, exchanged vows in the regal church in a ceremony conducted by a senior Army chaplain.

The ceremony comes a little more than a year after President Obama ended the military policy banning openly gay people from serving.

The two have been together for 17 years...Their marriage was officiated by Army Chaplain Col Wesley Smith of Dover Air Force Base"

West Point chapel hosts first same-sex marriage

Congratulates to the newlyweds.
I'm so thankful I decided against military chaplaincy.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Hey, I think marriage is silly but I'm glad they're free to do it.
Marriage is great. This is wonderful news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies