Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 01:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

Set down and watch this video with your teen daughter. All of the sudden, you are the greatest parents in the world. My daughter's eyes were wide open with SHOCK! we watched this together. She could not believe that there were parents like this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,662 times
I myself do not have children, I'm 24 and I'm not sure if I even want children.

I believe that parents have the right to raise their children the way they won't. Even when it comes to spanking, despite the fact that I disagree with it.

Yet,this was child abuse and could possibly border sexual abuse.

He's taking a belt and smacking his teen daughter's butt with it in the very beginning. Does that not seem inappropriate to anyone else?

Secondly, he was hitting all over her body, butt, legs, arms and even threatened to hit her in the face.

It's for reasons like these why I don't support spanking. It starts off normal, but rage can build up and it can turn pretty brutal.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post

Why would you even watch that video? Really? You watch Youtube videos of parents being cruel to their children?

No thanks.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
This is child abuse, plain and simple. No one should hit another human being in that manner. Period.

Did anyone catch that this child has cerebral palsy??? OMG

Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Once again, "discipline" takes a lifetime. It is a continuing process of TEACHING a child the proper way to behave.

People have co-opted the word to mean "punishment."
Preach it. My only comment would be that behavior is not enough to aim at. Teaching a child how to think, solve, empathize, realize. THAT is discipline.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,871,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post

I believe that parents have the right to raise their children the way they won't. Even when it comes to spanking, despite the fact that I disagree with it.

He's taking a belt and smacking his teen daughter's butt with it in the very beginning. Does that not seem inappropriate to anyone else?

Secondly, he was hitting all over her body, butt, legs, arms and even threatened to hit her in the face.

It's for reasons like these why I don't support spanking. It starts off normal, but rage can build up and it can turn pretty brutal.
I'm just trying to understand why you continue to bring "spanking" and "belts" and "abuse" over and over and over again to the parenting forum. The video you posted is awful. I couldn't watch more than 2 seconds of it. It just seems to be a recurring theme with you. Just my opinion. If you don't have children why bother?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-02-2012 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Moved to P&OC

Old 12-02-2012, 06:31 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
In my eyes, it's clearly physical abuse. I felt the same way when I first saw the video a year ago. I have children, and I could never hurt them the way the father did in the video. The mother was no better.

Last edited by kaimuki; 12-02-2012 at 06:59 PM..

Old 12-02-2012, 06:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Absolutely sadistic abuse. And the Great State of Texas has seen fit that he remain a judge. A judge of what kind of court you ask? Family court, of course!!!!

"With all the sturm and drang over the election this week, it seems officials in Texas thought they'd get away with reinstating Judge William Adams to the bench. What? Name's not familiar? You may remember him as the judge who was caught on video beating his special needs daughter while screaming and cursing at her? This time a year ago Judge Adams' face was all over the news, and so was the video, captured by Adams' daughter Hillary (who has cerebral palsy) on her computer when she was 16. It shocked Americans enough that Adams was chased off the bench in Aransas County. But now Texas officials have decided he's the right man to adjudicate family court cases. Justice may not be blind, but it sounds like the officials in the Texas Supreme Court are."
Judge Beats Special Needs Daughter But Texas Lets Him Work in Family Court Anyway (VIDEO) | The Stir

Last edited by helenejen; 12-02-2012 at 06:43 PM..

Old 12-02-2012, 06:34 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Generally speaking,violence is the tool of the ignorant.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:35 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,693 times
It's absolutely abuse and he is a sick F**k . The girl has cerebral palsy, for god's sake she goes through enough hell in every day life let alone being beaten by this evil monster. More about the girl:

Judge William Adams beats disabled daughter Hillary, 16, in YouTube video | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies