Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That's not an explanation .. that's an excuse. And a poor one too .... I'm a guy ... I'm not a teacher ... and yet I have the damned common sense to understand that small children cannot be held to the same standard of conduct older children can be ... and PARTICULARLY when it comes to bathroom things. Small children ... small bladders ... get it? No, I guess you don't, and neither did the teacher apparently.

This type of humiliation in front of the other children can cause some lasting psychological trauma ... it's really quite inexcusable ... the teacher should know better, and so should the rest of you excuse makers.
It absolutely can. I'll bet his parents were livid and with good reason.

There is a local teacher here (also new) who makes all of her kids put on a life jacket to go to the bathroom. This is in sixth grade, mind you, in a very good school district. One girl was too heavy to fit into it, and the teacher ended up discontinuing this ridiculous practice.

I thought it was outrageous! My 92 year old conservative father - who also taught high school for many years - thought it was the stupidest thing he had ever heard of.

Common sense, people. Common sense.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Lost our minds? You are the one saying a 7 year old is a baby when hes not! Kid should have behaved better and thought about that beforehand. The child isnt special...all children all the same. This little my special snowflake crap needs to end now seriously.
Behaved better? How is that? By having to go so bad that he peed his pants?

I'm guessing you don't have any kids.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:55 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
as a father of a second grader, I disagree. second graders are learning self-control and proper behavior. That is a big part of what the teacher is teaching.

I can just about guarantee this kid has additional issues that the school district are precluded by law from pointing out so what we are getting is a one sided report from angry parents.
No you can't.

For the 2nd grader to have "proper behavior" he must have used the restroom before class.

Granted, students learn this eventually, but a 2nd grader "in training" should not be forced to pee his pants to learn that lesson.

Teach your second grader so that he doesn't fall victim to an insane liberal teacher.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think the teacher should have to earn point to take her (breaks) from a jail cell this is just so not right i would remove my children from that school and sue!!!
Jail cells usually have toilets inside them.

Classrooms don't.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Some kids will pee in their pants on purpose to try and challenge the teachers authority.
Just how common do you suppose is that behavior - and how do you tell the difference between those who are and who aren't?

Old 08-06-2013, 11:03 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,134 times
Three bathroom breaks during the school day should be enough. I don't put too much blame on the teacher here.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No you can't.

For the 2nd grader to have "proper behavior" he must have used the restroom before class.

Granted, students learn this eventually, but a 2nd grader "in training" should not be forced to pee his pants to learn that lesson.

Teach your second grader so that he doesn't fall victim to an insane liberal teacher.
In what way at all is this teacher liberal?

There are some things that have nothing to do with liberal or conservative, my friend. You can't label every person you don't like a liberal.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
My job isn't that structured but I typically use the restroom during my breaks or lunch periods. I doubt my employer would really care if I went outside of that time frame (unless it became a habit) but at the same time I try to go during my breaks.

As far as this story, there's a lot of info missing but either way I don't think the teacher should be suspended.
But I bet if this was happening in the home, you'd be crying for CPS to take the child for child abuse.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
We had a lock down drill at my old school which had run about 15 mins when a student asked to go to the bathroom. The teacher in the room told him he needed to wait until the lock down was over (they tended to last about 20 mins). He took out his phone, called his parents, and his parents told him to just leave the classroom. The teacher wouldn't let him back in.

He got taken to the principal's office by the police. While there the principal confiscated his phone (for using it during school) and low and behold a text message to his friends where he bragged he was "going to try to get this teacher fired". His parents were humiliated when they got to school.

So yes, it happens, that kids will play the bathroom card when they do not need to go.
Yeah, and are you willing to bet a substantial sum of money that every kid who needs to go to the bathroom is playing the same game?

Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But I bet if this was happening in the home, you'd be crying for CPS to take the child for child abuse.
Class isn't taking place at home. You can't just let 2nd graders wander around the hallway whenever they want in school. School, by its very nature, has to have restrictions that wouldn't be present at home.

I will say that if a child who was home schooled had this happen, I would not blame the parent. If it happened repeatedly, then there'd be an issue. And if it happens repeatedly at school there's also an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies