Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,081,959 times

Advertisements

What 7 year old kid has not wet his pants? The Bucks idea for bathroom breaks was a bad idea. But the teacher should not be suspended. I think the mother is making a big deal over nothing.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,226,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yeah, and are you willing to bet a substantial sum of money that every kid who needs to go to the bathroom is playing the same game?
I don't think it matters whether or not every single kid that asks to go to the bathroom really has to go. It's common enough where there has to be some restrictions.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Class isn't taking place at home. You can't just let 2nd graders wander around the hallway whenever they want in school. School, by its very nature, has to have restrictions that wouldn't be present at home.

I will say that if a child who was home schooled had this happen, I would not blame the parent. If it happened repeatedly, then there'd be an issue. And if it happens repeatedly at school there's also an issue.
whatever. This was ABUSE! Plain and simple and the teacher should be punished for it in some way.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
You know what's sickening, some of these same posters here going to bat for the teacher were 100% behind the parent that sued to have their wacky transgender queen use the boys bathroom. We ALL see right through your twisted priorities.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,768,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

There is a local teacher here (also new) who makes all of her kids put on a life jacket to go to the bathroom. This is in sixth grade, mind you, in a very good school district. One girl was too heavy to fit into it, and the teacher ended up discontinuing this ridiculous practice.
I've heard people joke about not falling in when going to the toilet, but I've never heard of anyone taking measures to prevent it!

Since the school in question is in the DFW area, I guess it's a good thing that the child was not affected by the cyclospora virus that has infected several people. Otherwise it might have been explosive diarrhea rather than just a "wet one".

I'm a little confused by the (now apparently discontinued) practice of allowing students to use good behavior points to buy bathroom breaks. It implies that going to the bathroom during class is a privilege, instead of a means to evacuate one's bowels and/or bladder in the event of an emergency.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
whatever. This was ABUSE! Plain and simple and the teacher should be punished for it in some way.
Good argument, man.

"Yeah sure who cares, I'M STILL RIGHT!!"

Old 08-06-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You know what's sickening, some of these same posters here going to bat for the teacher were 100% behind the parent that sued to have their wacky transgender queen use the boys bathroom. We ALL see right through your twisted priorities.
Moving the goalposts, changing the subject. Not very good etiquette. I'm not familiar with the case you speak of either, so I won't comment on it.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:33 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
In what way at all is this teacher liberal?

There are some things that have nothing to do with liberal or conservative, my friend. You can't label every person you don't like a liberal.
Teachers are overwhelmingly liberals, which is why Harrier calls public schools "liberal indoctrination center".

Harrier attended a LIC but managed to resist the indoctrination.

Harrier (a conservative) aspires to be a teacher.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:37 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
I don't think it matters whether or not every single kid that asks to go to the bathroom really has to go. It's common enough where there has to be some restrictions.
When those restrictions cause a kid who has a legitimate emergency to wet his pants, do you still have the same callous attitude?

What about a 15 year old girl experiencing a midday period?

Old 08-06-2013, 12:26 PM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
Restrictions .... you lefties are just so in love with restrictions of every variety ... it's mind boggling. Now, we need to have restrictions on bathroom usage by young children!! This is yet another example that proves beyond any doubt whatever that no thought or belief or cause is too contrary to logic or common sense for liberals to embrace enthusiastically.

And it's always the same usual suspects that have the opposite opinion from what plain old common sense would naturally demand. But news flash ... young children ought not to be treated, or expected to comply with the same rules as older kids. This is so simple, that there really is no excuse for not immediately understanding this basic reality. The 2nd grade classroom filled with 7 year olds is not the same as the 9th grade class filled with teenagers, and must be managed differently.

The same concept applies to puppies and grown dogs .... puppies cannot "hold it" for 7 or 8 hours like an adult dog can. Their bladders are smaller and require more frequent elimination, just like children. Why are the simplest concepts beyond your grasp? This isn't hard stuff ... this is really quite simple and extremely obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.