Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 04:58 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And if they learned at home, the school wouldn't feel the need to bribe kids to behave.
What have parents left to the schools, not a ounce of right to discipline little Bobby and Sally.
Not just the parents fault here....child protective services and fear of litigation got a big stake in it

Old 08-06-2013, 04:58 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
This sounds like a mother trying to escalate a situation that doesn't require escalation. The teacher is in her first year and it sounds like she just made a bad judgment call. If this is the only issue they've had so far and its been corrected then I see no reason to try to push for suspension.
I don't care if she is in her first month. shame on her. i'm not a teacher at all, but I know children need to go to the bathroom often and at inconvenient times. good behavior bucks to do something that is natural like taking a ****? really? fire this "teacher". she doesn't need to be in charge of children.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
fire this "teacher".
Pigs will fly before that happen

Thanks to our wonderful unions....

Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think the teacher should have to earn point to take her (breaks) from a jail cell this is just so not right i would remove my children from that school and sue!!!
Sue sue sue....... this is what is wrong with this country, everyone wants to SUE for everything. Heres an idea, get up off your a**, go to work, and make an honest living instead of trying to get something for nothing.

As far as the teacher is concerned? A good ole a** chewing is more than sufficient.

I guess we have to sue for the "emotional distress" of the child though don't we? The mentality of this world makes me sick.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
To those who think that the kid is disturbing the class by leaving for the bathroom, don't you realize that a 2nd grader trying to "hold it" is going to be a distraction to the rest of the class, and that particular student isn't going to learn much during the several minutes that they are forced to suffer?

Common sense, people. Common sense!

Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Some kids will pee in their pants on purpose to try and challenge the teachers authority.
Unless times have changed I could not imagine any normal kid that would purposely pee in their pants.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
To those who think that the kid is disturbing the class by leaving for the bathroom, don't you realize that a 2nd grader trying to "hold it" is going to be a distraction to the rest of the class, and that particular student isn't going to learn much during the several minutes that they are forced to suffer?

Common sense, people. Common sense!
There is no common sense in K-12. It's follow the rules, zero tolerance, no exceptions.

I let the kids go to the bathroom. I make them take the pass though and tell them they can only go once while in my class.

Trying to train them to all go exactly at the same time (in between classes) with a 4 stall bathroom is ludicrous.

I've mentioned health issues (holding is not good) and they (admin) back down immediately.
I buck the system whenever I can while staying within the rules.
My motto is "....in spite of the system".

Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
American schools really need to lose the factory feel.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
fire this "teacher".
Pigs will fly before that happen

Thanks to our wonderful unions....
She is a first year teacher, the union will not be able to influence her contract non-renewal for next year, which is essentially being fired. I would be shocked if her contract is renewed because of the publicity. If this was her only snafu that isn't what should have happened. She would have learned from her mistake. Teachers generally go into the profession because they like children, they don't want them to be hurt, and they especially don't want to be the one responsible for causing them pain. No, bathroom usage should not be tied to behavior, but new teachers make mistakes.

I know you people don't get it. What you don't understand is that teachers who have students out of their classroom too much get in trouble by their principals. The principals are concerned about kids being out of the class because they can not be properly supervised when they are wandering around the hallways and some kids have a tendency to get in trouble if given half a chance. If that particular child gets into mischief while visiting the bathroom, then the teacher will get in trouble, and the principal won't care that the child had to go to the bathroom, she will still be held accountable for allowing that child in the hallways. So, there is a tendency for teachers, especially new ones, to not want to allow their problem children to go to the bathroom. Most of the time, for elementary kids, a three time daily bathroom schedule is just fine. One of the things teachers get pretty good at, with experience, is reading kids, including the subtle pee-pee emergency facial expressions and moves.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
This sounds like a mother trying to escalate a situation that doesn't require escalation. The teacher is in her first year and it sounds like she just made a bad judgment call. If this is the only issue they've had so far and its been corrected then I see no reason to try to push for suspension.
That's easy to say if it wasn't YOUR 7 year old humiliated when he wet his pants in front of the class...The "bad judgement call" as you call it never needed to happen..it's a result of a grown woman lording her power over little children...quite pathetic, to say the least. I know I wouldn't want a teacher with her mentality (first year teaching or not) working with my children. If she can't even make the correct decision of allowing a child to use the restroom, she really absolutely should not be working with them...she had no compassion and should be looking for another job...preferably not one with young students who should be looking at her with respect...not tears and embarrassment, and shame for what she's caused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies