Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,179 times

Advertisements

This is the ultimate end result of our ability to be able to take ANYTHING in front of a court. Here we have an adoption that is obviously bogus yet NO ONE is held accountable for allowing it to go on in the first place, and to add insult to injury and blatantly slap the father in the face he has to fight for his right to keep his own child. If the bogus adoptive family looses I will bet the mother will suddenly decide to fight him for custody of the child herself. This father's rights are being ignored so badly I wonder what else is going on behind the scenes here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
According to the facebook page supporting him you now have to donate through his lawyers.
Donations can be made directly to his attorney's office.

The Law Offices of Wiser and Wiser
2825 E. Cottonwood Pkwy. Suite 500
Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
Tel: 801-990-1230
Fax: 801-880-7070

https://www.facebook.com/SupportTerryAchane
I'll definitely be checking that out later.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Fathers have very little rights in Utah, specially if they are not married to the Mother.
The father WAS married to the mother.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
the adopted family knew the husband didnt know about this and still went along with it.

why cant they be charged with child trafficking?
The mother, adopters, and everyone at that adoption agency should be thrown in prison.

I feel so bad for this father, who was in this mess because he was serving his country.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
This is insane!!!

Although there are several guilty parties here...the MOTHER should be charged with child trafficking! She initiated this knowing the father wouldn't agree to it and pushed forward.

I'm shocked the agency isn't losing it's license and the attorney that contacted the father should be censured for not stopping this or reporting it before it moved forward.

I hope this mother loses her other child due to her poor decision making and is charged with her crimes.

The adoptive family should return the child but I think they were taken advantage of. They were told the father had abandoned her and in their emotional state they are having difficulty mourning the loss of another child.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 12-05-2012 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: add

Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The adoptive family should return the child but I think they were taken advantage of. They were told the father had abandoned her and in their emotional state they are having difficulty mourning the loss of another child.
I'd have felt sorry for them in June 2011, right before they adopted the child and found out the father was contesting. That they proceeded with the adoption in July knowing this, makes them as culpable of stealing this child from her father as the mother and adoption agency.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:51 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
The adoptive family are pure trash. They knew the father didn't know about the adoption and went through with it anyway. It was a really selfish move on their part.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Fathers have very little rights in Utah, specially if they are not married to the Mother.
The father was married to the mother and they weren't even Utah residents, they were Texas residents when the baby was born.

From what I can understand, the mother pretty much sold the baby to spite her husband who was stationed in South Carolina at the time of the birth. He was supporting the mother and her child from a former relationship, paying all household bills, etc. He did not abandon them contrary to the lies being told by the adoptive family. She chose not to join her husband in South Carolina when he was re-stationed and chose not to inform him when their daughter was born.
He has been trying for going on two years to get his daughter back.

The judge has now decided in his favor and so the adoptive family is doing everything in their power to keep the child that was never free to be adopted in the first place.
Heartbreaking for them, yes, but, they knew going in that he hadn't terminated his parental rights.
They need to let go.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Personally, I think that there should be some legal charges pending, at least for the Mother. Disgusting.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I'd have felt sorry for them in June 2011, right before they adopted the child and found out the father was contesting. That they proceeded with the adoption in July knowing this, makes them as culpable of stealing this child from her father as the mother and adoption agency.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies