Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,342 times

Advertisements

I get very very tired of "libs" breaking my balls about my former life as a U.S Marine. I get tired of them telling me what I can and can't do in civilian life. I own MANY firearms. I've never once done something crazy with one, nor intended to shoot someone who didn't need to be shot.

I get tired of anti-gun spew often by metrosexual men and feminist women. They think something is wrong with me. F them!!

Just this last weekend at the gun show, four Police Officers and I talked our ears off about "guns"....It never got old or boring. Several others chimed in. It was great conversation, and we all could see and hear the excitement in each others words.

NONE of us would just stand there and let someone take our life while doing nothing. You have folks "sorta" into guns. They own a few and never even look at them, much less carry one for SD or practice with them. They are more of a danger than the guys who live and breath it. For some, it's very rewarding to chat others in similar states of mind up when you find them.

No, I'm not mentally ill. The FBI and the BATF say I'm OK to buy something in less than 3 minutes. Who gives a flying fawk what some libotard or feminazi thinks.

Si vis pacem para bellum

Semper Fi~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I'm sitting here watching cnn...

First and foremost, I'm hearing talk about mental health screenings. This, I think, would be a disaster. Who would decide? Who decides who is and isn't worthy of a gun? By doing this you essentially create a class of undesirables. If you're going to stigmatize people based on something that is essentially "social" capability...then there will be unanticipated ramifications for it. I know personally I would never pass a mental health screening, so, if that in itself changes the way I can live in society, then I'm going to start assuming society knows more about what is right for me than I do, and therefore my obligations to society will be lessened. In terms of familial relationships, if I'm being relegated to 'child' status, then I'll fulfill my child role. So, if I am an adult, then either society treats me like one and allows me the same rights/privileges as any other adult...or they don't and they accept that they have responsibilities that would obligate them to me in other ways. After all, I am mentally "ill"...right? Handicapped? Incapable of functioning in the "right" way...and therefore, in need, and therefore rightfully needy, right?

Secondly, it's rather simple. If you own a gun, you increase your own (and everyone elses) chances of being shot. If you want a gun, you accept that reality. You don't complain about it being dangerous out there and then go do something that increases the danger you personally are exposed to and expect me to give a crap about your safety.

Thirdly, everyone has the right to defend themselves, or their home, with force...deadly force if necessary. However, I doubt that anyone attacking you or your home actually wants to kill you, not unless it's some personal vendetta they have against you...so, if a bunch of guys come to your house intending to rob you, and you're stupid enough to start waiving a gun around, don't be surprised if someone gets hurt...(then blame the world because you over reacted to a guy who wants your tv). If you want to die for your right to not have your TV stolen, then go ahead. From where I'm sitting, though, I'd rather live...tv or not.

Finally, life isn't fair. It doesn't mean you just lay down and take it..but if you're so resolved to fighting the unfairness of life, perhaps you should only use a gun you own in ways that won't encourage others to cap you off...like hunting, and marksmanship...as opposed to intimidation and a false sense of righteous self preservation...because, as with almost anything, as long as you keep it within your own life, no one is looking to do anything to limit you. And those that are don't do it by stealing your tvs...

I don't suppose you've ever heard of a guy named Charles Manson then... Chances are, the guy that breaks in doesn't originally intend to harm you, he just wants your stuff, but how do you know? How can you decide what is his intent? The fact is, you can't. People are murdered in large numbers in this country each year in home invasions and burglaries gone wrong. To think that it can't happen to you is simply naive. If you don't wish to own a firearm then you probably shouldn't own one. It isn't for everyone and I would not want many of the people in this forum to own one. They just aren't responsible enough as witnessed by their posts. Your thoughts are well written but the content isn't justified by facts. A firearm in well trained hands is an asset not only to the individual, but to the community at large.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't suppose you've ever heard of a guy named Charles Manson then... Chances are, the guy that breaks in doesn't originally intend to harm you, he just wants your stuff, but how do you know? How can you decide what is his intent? The fact is, you can't. People are murdered in large numbers in this country each year in home invasions and burglaries gone wrong. To think that it can't happen to you is simply naive. If you don't wish to own a firearm then you probably shouldn't own one. It isn't for everyone and I would not want many of the people in this forum to own one. They just aren't responsible enough as witnessed by their posts. Your thoughts are well written but the content isn't justified by facts. A firearm in well trained hands is an asset not only to the individual, but to the community at large.
Cops can be the same way..... people see cops with a gun every day and think the cops knows how to use it.. Chances are the cop shoots that gun 2 times a year to qualify which is a tad loose in reality....

Then they see a guy like me with long hair, strange clothing, on a horse with a flintlock I shoot almost weekly and they freak the fig out! With that flint lock I won a turkey shoot back in NY State, and i was the only one with a black powder gun... i was shooting against guys, some were cops that hand any other kind of modern 12 ga. My flinter is a 20 ga .....

In the end someone was a bad sport and i was disqualified. I would shoot at that range afterwards but never for a game with any prizes.

I always wondered what would it would have been had i brought my Winchester Mod 12 in 12ga instead.

I don't own a slug gun yet.. many of them did and we were all shooting ball or slugs too. The Nor' West Gun hasn't got any rear sights at all....

Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Cops can be the same way..... people see cops with a gun every day and think the cops knows how to use it.. Chances are the cop shoots that gun 2 times a year to qualify which is a tad loose in reality....

Then they see a guy like me with long hair, strange clothing, on a horse with a flintlock I shoot almost weekly and they freak the fig out! With that flint lock I won a turkey shoot back in NY State, and i was the only one with a black powder gun... i was shooting against guys, some were cops that hand any other kind of modern 12 ga. My flinter is a 20 ga .....

In the end someone was a bad sport and i was disqualified. I would shoot at that range afterwards but never for a game with any prizes.

I always wondered what would it would have been had i brought my Winchester Mod 12 in 12ga instead.

I don't own a slug gun yet.. many of them did and we were all shooting ball or slugs too. The Nor' West Gun hasn't got any rear sights at all....
I hear all this talk about LEOs and them not being into guns. That may be somewhat true for many, however not the ones I see at the gun shows and gun shops. Many can give me a run for my money. They don't care if you are a long hair biker. They will pick and take you for a friend any day over some suit and tie p***y. The more you know the better. They always spot me from a mile away and KNOW I'm not playing games and fooling around. As soon as they learn of my background we can talk for hours and never get bored. They'll even show and discuss weapons they don't want people they DON'T like and trust to see or to know about. I see back-up weapons and where they keep them. I see Special Forces tomahawks they keep in their cars...you name it. I even get to see knives and edged weapons. Some very cool switchblades I might add.

One guy this last weekend was a long hair biker type. He stood there and mixed it up with the rest of us. He had us all laughing as well because he was such a cool and nice guy. His weapon he carried for the day to the gun show was a Sig Sauer P-220R Scorpion .45 ACP. http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/de...0_Scorpion.jpg

It's that special dark earth coated P-220 with the OD green G10 grips. They knew right away he wasn't fooling around and knows his stuff.

Any fool can tell who the good guys are..........

Full Metal Jacket - Rifleman's Creed - YouTube

Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I hear all this talk about LEOs and them not being into guns. That may be somewhat true for many, however not the ones I see at the gun shows and gun shops. Many can give me a run for my money. They don't care if you are a long hair biker. They will pick and take you for a friend any day over some suit and tie p***y. The more you know the better. They always spot me from a mile away and KNOW I'm not playing games and fooling around. As soon as they learn of my background we can talk for hours and never get bored. They'll even show and discuss weapons they don't want people they DON'T like and trust to see or to know about. I see back-up weapons and where they keep them. I see Special Forces tomahawks they keep in their cars...you name it. I even get to see knives and edged weapons. Some very cool switchblades I might add.

One guy this last weekend was a long hair biker type. He stood there and mixed it up with the rest of us. He had us all laughing as well because he was such a cool and nice guy. His weapon he carried for the day to the gun show was a Sig Sauer P-220R Scorpion .45 ACP. http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/de...0_Scorpion.jpg

It's that special dark earth coated P-220 with the OD green G10 grips. They knew right away he wasn't fooling around and knows his stuff.

Any fool can tell who the good guys are..........

Full Metal Jacket - Rifleman's Creed - YouTube
i didn't mean ALL cops....... Just a lot..... I have a WW-2 Vintage Remington Rand because of cops that DO shoot. The all knowing feds switched over to the Beretta 92fs as you likely are aware of about 1985.

These were bought up by the NRA, and offered to Police only. But the deal was the PD had to buy 3 or more. being that in the little town i lived in back then had 3 cops and the chief was one and didn't want in on the deal the other 2 went nuts on the chief and with out telling me a thing begged me off for getting one. The chief went along on that.

i had a choice at very low dough for a Colt, Remington Rand, Singer, and Union Pacific. I chose the rand, but looking back i wish i got as many of each as i could....

Hindesight sucks..

Yeah those Sigs are wicked nice and made in my State too.....NH that is.

Where was this gun show?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
i didn't mean ALL cops....... Just a lot..... I have a WW-2 Vintage Remington Rand because of cops that DO shoot. The all knowing feds switched over to the Beretta 92fs as you likely are aware of about 1985.

These were bought up by the NRA, and offered to Police only. But the deal was the PD had to buy 3 or more. being that in the little town i lived in back then had 3 cops and the chief was one and didn't want in on the deal the other 2 went nuts on the chief and with out telling me a thing begged me off for getting one. The chief went along on that.

i had a choice at very low dough for a Colt, Remington Rand, Singer, and Union Pacific. I chose the rand, but looking back i wish i got as many of each as i could....

Hindesight sucks..

Yeah those Sigs are wicked nice and made in my State too.....NH that is.

Where was this gun show?
All the ones I know would pick you for a friend and talk guns all day with you. They hate the anti-gun crowd just as much as any of the rest of us do. They are honest and admit they are NOT and cannot be a private security force. They will aid and assist as much as they can, but at 2 AM when someone kicks in your door, it's all on you. They'll help you clean up the mess as they say a few departing words for the hood/s.

That Sig Sauer made it a long way from home Mac. Inland<<<<<

Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM

Local cops here can sometimes be a tad too full of themselves.. But then I am that older long hair biker.. The best i usually hope for is the cops leave me alone so i will leave them alone. They don't know it but i have them surrounded

I know some basic geografy where the hell is inland? Must be one of the 57 states obama wuz tawkin' about...

might the be Oh hi O or maybe Indyanna? some place?

Once with my loving bride, we did ride, across the USA to see it before it was gone........

Kinda makes me wish we had that kind of cops here..

Little things like until this past Spring I kept my carry permit in a clear holder next to my drivers lic.

A minor incident occurred where i came upon what i thought were very cold homeless living in a local St park in my town.

One hell of a rain storm too, and i was with my wife! turned out to be city people from a public school with terrible camping skills.

Some how I asked one question too many just seeking out if these folks were too cold. I do dead winter hiking and camping in -40 degrees for grins.

I tend to worry about people who are wet and too cold.

Leaving the place Staties showed up and asked me questions and saw my permit and asked if i had any fire arms. because they hadn't touched me and i wanted to make it short i said no... I asked what I had done and they got riled.. So i just let it go i was leaving if I was under arrest.. and i left. My guns had nothing to do with it.

But like i said these Staties are jokers here in NH. Locals are better..

Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
This is the crux of the matter. The Second Amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms, yet that right is being slowly worn away by laws that prohibit certain types of weapons. While I'm not a proponent of everyone being armed with .50 caliber machine guns, eventually these little erosions of the Second Amendment are going to leave the law abiding citizens at a serious disadvantage.
Expanding on rights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayn Rand
A collectivist tyranny dare not enslave a country by an outright confiscation of its values, material or moral. It has to be done by a process of internal corruption. Just as in the material realm the plundering of a country’s wealth is accomplished by inflating the currency—so today one may witness the process of inflation being applied to the realm of rights. The process entails such a growth of newly promulgated “rights” that people do not notice the fact that the meaning of the concept is being reversed. Just as bad money drives out good money, so these “printing-press rights” negate authentic rights.
"Man's Rights" by Ayn Rand - The Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights

Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
All the ones I know would pick you for a friend and talk guns all day with you. They hate the anti-gun crowd just as much as any of the rest of us do. They are honest and admit they are NOT and cannot be a private security force. They will aid and assist as much as they can, but at 2 AM when someone kicks in your door, it's all on you. They'll help you clean up the mess as they say a few departing words for the hood/s.

That Sig Sauer made it a long way from home Mac. Inland<<<<<

I spent 8 years constantly at the Range, even taking turns watching it in return for no fees and had a key to the gate to use when closed at my discretion along with 3 other friends.
We were greatly trusted and for reasons we demonstrated.
I was there literaly every day off and often after work.

In that time we became very good friends with Sheriffs Deputies, and Sheriffs too, Police from multiple major Cities, suburb LEO, FBI, Air Marshalls, and DEA personnel.

They were without a doubt the staunchest supporters of gun rights out there and the first to tell someone to have a firearm.

Almost all were very proficient.
There were some, Police in particular, that we did teach some things to that they said, "They never taught us that in Training".
Some of what they were shown was fairly basic in nature.
That was not common however.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 12-04-2012 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: edited for great clarity

Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I spent 8 years constantly at the Range, even taking turns watching it in return for no fees and had a key to the gate to use when closed at my discretion along with 3 other friends.
We were greatly trusted and for reasons we demonstrated.
I was there literaly every day off and often after work.

In that time we became very good friends with Sheriffs, Police from multiple major Cities, suburb LEO, FBI, Air Marshalls, and DEA personnel.

They were without a doubt the staunchest supporters of gun rights out there and the first to tell someone to have a firearm.

Almost all were very proficient.
There were some, Police in particular, that we did teach some things to that they said, "They never taught us that in Training".
Some of what they were shown was fairly basic in nature.
That was not common however.
I get ripped here on CD for a lot of things. Out on the range and in the field...NO ONE ever questions me. I can have 10 LEOs rush me and start asking questions. You can just tell it I am not bulls****ing about KNOWING my weapons and having 100% complete confidense. You make a lot of friends because of it. It always makes me feel good when they ask my advice or "what" would I do? Well, the first thing I will/would do is help you out.

You didn't start off insulting me and making fun of me like the other metrosexuals and feminazis do/did. They'll just get wasted in the first 20 seconds anyway. I always will have the last laugh. For people who are supposed to be so tough, why is it that the subject of "guns" bothers or bores you so much. If you are going to be any good at all....you're NEVER bored or "don't talk about it". It's your LIFE! You'll need to practice at least once a month bare minimum. I practice once a week with 150 to 200 rounds per week.
What's so funny is the people who belittle me haven't even fired a weapon in years probably. Some probably shot their daddy's .22 once or twice as a little kid....now they are a "crackshot".

Oh Lord...the world is full of those. I call 'em "blowhards".

[
Pistol Malfunction Clearance - YouTube
[
Fast Glock Shooting - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies