Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
As an avid hunter and former Marine, I completely agree with everything you said. While I do not consider myself as someone who "lives and breathes" firearms, I am an NRA Life Member on the Institute for Legislative Action Steering Committee for Alaska, and I do practice regularly. We are required to inform law enforcement when we encounter them if we are armed in Alaska. This usually results in a conversation about the type, make, and characteristics of the firearm, and firearms in general.

I moved to Alaska after the 1989 gun ban in Los Angeles County. I owned two of the banned firearms on their list, one of them my father gave me when I was 10 years old, and there was no grandfather clause. Which meant I had to turn over my firearms or I would be a criminal automatically. I chose a third option and left California for Alaska. It was the best move I ever made.

Semper Fi!
In the bold is exactly what the lower 48 are working on. The erosion of rights and in order to do that the 1st must be taken, and in order to do that! The 2nd must be taken... After that making anyone into a criminal will be easy.

OT What was the gun given to you at age 10 Cali banned?

I know you can say that.........

Why is it the left ban everything they can't do, or are scared by? No one can answer that! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Default Word of caution

Mac and others. It is NEVER a good idea to post on ANY forum what kind of or even if you have any guns at home or anywhere else. Thieves have PC's and some can even read

Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
In the bold is exactly what the lower 48 are working on. The erosion of rights and in order to do that the 1st must be taken, and in order to do that! The 2nd must be taken... After that making anyone into a criminal will be easy.

OT What was the gun given to you at age 10 Cali banned?

I know you can say that.........

Why is it the left ban everything they can't do, or are scared by? No one can answer that! LOL
My father bought me a Winchester Model 12 12-gauge shotgun for my tenth birthday. The other firearm that was banned was my Berretta 92F that I had legally purchased from another Marine friend of mine in California three years earlier.

It is about control, and it is neither a left nor right issue. I can name just as many right-wing control control proponents as I can name left-wing gun control proponents. They know that as long as we are allowed to own private firearms they can never get the control they desire. Hence, they want all firearms (except those the government controls) banned.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Are you schizophrenic and a danger to yourself or others because that is about the sum total of mental health issues that would disqualify you from owning a firearm. As for your obligations to society, even being schizophrenic (according to a recent Supreme Court ruling) doesn't lesson your obligations to society. But it was a nice try.
If being schizophrenic doesn't lessen ones obligation to society then it doesn't limit what he/she can do either (according to society). You can't have your cake and eat it too...if society deems one to have a handicap, then it does so in all contexts.

In other words, if I'm obligated in the same ways to society, then 'official society' (that is, government) will treat me in the same way.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Mac and others. It is NEVER a good idea to post on ANY forum what kind of or even if you have any guns at home or anywhere else. Thieves have PC's and some can even read
And i will have scalp locks my friend

Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
My father bought me a Winchester Model 12 12-gauge shotgun for my tenth birthday. The other firearm that was banned was my Berretta 92F that I had legally purchased from another Marine friend of mine in California three years earlier.

It is about control, and it is neither a left nor right issue. I can name just as many right-wing control control proponents as I can name left-wing gun control proponents. They know that as long as we are allowed to own private firearms they can never get the control they desire. Hence, they want all firearms (except those the government controls) banned.
Cal banned Winnie Mod 12's in 12ga? I have 2 of them but one is a 16... Cal is run by crazy people... I went there one time and found in Cal there is No time.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:56 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That is a completely naive outlook. Someone breaks into your home and you're going to assume they only want to rob you?
I'm not going to assume anything. I'll just start acting...first thing would be making my presence known and seeing how they react to it.

What I won't do is grab my uzi and charge them. That's how you get shot and that's my point.

Don't play the hero, the hero dies.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I'm not going to assume anything. I'll just start acting...first thing would be making my presence known and seeing how they react to it.

What I won't do is grab my uzi and charge them. That's how you get shot and that's my point.

Don't play the hero, the hero dies.
First of all I am not so sure using a uzi is going to work out well in a court of law if you had to use it..... A Jury isn't going to like that gun a bit. I would suggest you get a gun like what ever guns the cops in your area use and a similar ammo as close to what they use as is possible.

DA's have funny ideas about guns like uzi's, AK-47's Ar-15's and assorted other guns, that make you look like a predator.

IMO what DA's do is WRONG, but they tend to get away with it.

Next if you do suffer a break in, the first thing you want to do is get your fire arm and get your family if any to the safest place in the house, if you can't plain escape.

Let the bad guys take what they want if you like and don't stand your ground if you like.

That is risky for sure, but if you can't leave, and are forced to strand your ground you want that fire arm on you no matter what before the bad guys are aware you are there.

Anything else is plain nutso, and you will just be the first victim, and once you are out of the way the rest of your family will be next.

For Home defense IMO a 12ga shot gun made for home defense is the best weapon. The DA can't say a thing bad about that type of gun.... Criminals hate those guns pointed at them too, because they have no idea what loads are in it!

Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Cal banned Winnie Mod 12's in 12ga? I have 2 of them but one is a 16... Cal is run by crazy people... I went there one time and found in Cal there is No time.
Yes, because you can hold the trigger back on that particular model and cycle the pump to fire another round. So you can shoot as fast as you can pump the shotgun.

The Berretta 92F was banned because it has magazines that will hold up to 18 rounds.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, because you can hold the trigger back on that particular model and cycle the pump to fire another round. So you can shoot as fast as you can pump the shotgun.

The Berretta 92F was banned because it has magazines that will hold up to 18 rounds.
LOL I didn't know that...... But the point of having a gun IS to shoot it.....

Live and Squirm I always say..... Thanks for answering, and that lesson. Knowing that just might be handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies