Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
No Al Sharpton is a Race baiter.

Not MLK.

MLK had whites marching with him as well.
Your entitled to your own opinion.

Quick question for you. Is Rush Limbaugh a race baiter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInTheCan View Post
AL is a leader of the Black Community- The Black Community has leaders but they all stink.
I do not know why the followers continue to follow him.
Al is only a "leader" of the so-called black community in the minds of the misinformed. Of course, the media continues to give him a platform to lend credence to this fallacy. I suppose he's also a self-proclaimed leader when the right opportunity presents itself. But, if you ask black folks, by and large, they'll tell you otherwise. In reality, there are no black leaders. However, Obama is POTUS, which would naturally include black Americans.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Your entitled to your own opinion.

Quick question for you. Is Rush Limbaugh a race baiter?
Yes, he is.

Now what?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yes, he is.

Now what?
I would agree with that. I would think that a race bater in the black community would be Louis Farrakhan.Limbaugh and Sharpton are 2 totally different people with different platforms so I'm confused your definition of race baiting?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I would agree with that. I would think that a race bater in the black community would be Louis Farrakhan.Limbaugh and Sharpton are 2 totally different people with different platforms so I'm confused your definition of race baiting?
He is a self-serving scumbag....

Just look at the Tawana Brawley and Sean Bell cases...

The only reason he rushed to the platform is because they were black!

And he was screaming injustice before the facts even came out. Listen to the comments during the Trayvon Martin incident... "We cannot keep letting them kill OUR babies"...he isn't talking to white people.

He is a thinly veiled bigot and just likes to stoke the flames of civil unrest with more wood.

Farrakhan is a blatant racist.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Since when does Al Sharpton make policy?
Since when were you appointed critic of all things black people do/say? It certainly seems you've an obsession, given the focus of some of your discussions/comments.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Why does Al think Blacks need their own public policy written by Obama ?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He is a self-serving scumbag....

Just look at the Tawana Brawley and Sean Bell cases...

The only reason he rushed to the platform is because they were black!

And he was screaming injustice before the facts even came out. Listen to the comments during the Trayvon Martin incident... "We cannot keep letting them kill OUR babies"...he isn't talking to white people.

He is a thinly veiled bigot and just likes to stoke the flames of civil unrest with more wood.

Farrakhan is a blatant racist.
What's wrong with him wanting justice? Don't you want justice from the legal system?

When information comes out we don't always get the story. Did Al jump the gun? Yes. I've been guilty of that too. I'm sure anyone can look at their life and say the same.

As far as the Trayvon Martin case, it needed to go to jury. That's it that's all. There where many who wanted to sweep it under the rug like so many cases do. I would agree with his statement that we can't let them kill our babies. That has nothing to do with a Black supremacist agenda or reflect negatively on White people as a group. Most White people who I know wanted to see it go to trial.

I appreciate the dialog because it helps to get a different perspective.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with him wanting justice? Don't you want justice from the legal system?

When information comes out we don't always get the story. Did Al jump the gun? Yes. I've been guilty of that too. I'm sure anyone can look at their life and say the same.

As far as the Trayvon Martin case, it needed to go to jury. That's it that's all. There where many who wanted to sweep it under the rug like so many cases do. I would agree with his statement that we can't let them kill our babies. That has nothing to do with a Black supremacist agenda or reflect negatively on White people as a group. Most White people who I know wanted to see it go to trial.

I appreciate the dialog because it helps to get a different perspective.
There's nothing wrong with wanting justice...but the problem is that justice is subjective. And justice should be all inclusive and Al's criteria of justice is pretty exclusive.

I agreed that the Martin case was mishandled. But when Al came on the scene it wasn't as cut and dry as just having the case "tried".. he wasn't out there talking about taking the law into his own hands like the NBPP were but he pretty much was saying the same things within the parameters of the PC avenue. Just a different hat as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Since when does Al Sharpton make policy?
Don't get tired of spreading garbage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies