Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,179,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Yes RS thinks long = accurate.
I don't think long is accurate. But I see no point in coming to a long post and just saying "your posts are long and you get it wrong every time."

If you are going to tell me I'm inaccurate, explain where and why. Then I can respond and provide facts to support my argument.

You can't change someones opinion by just saying they are wrong. You have to explain why they are wrong. You have to come at them from all angles, providing proof after proof after proof that they are wrong. Eventually you will break down their wall of belief.

I've learned a lot from being on these forums honestly. When I first came here, I was basically a liberal. After being here a while, I have turned into a libertarian. In my view, when you go through the facts, it is the only logical position to hold.

One of the more recent arguments I have had was about free-trade. All reputable economists are supportive of free trade. But if you ask people on these forums whether or not we should have free trade, the vast majority of people will say no.... The question is, if economists, who rarely agree on anything, can almost unanimously agree that free trade is good. Then how is it possible that the vast majority of people in this country are opposed?

It is just another example of the typical ignorance of the American people. And a testament to how special-interests can convince people to believe and do things that benefits only the special-interest.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,037,055 times
Lol it's like that teacher from Charlie Brown...womp...womp...womp. He is still off-topic and still hasn't answered the question. Maybe he is a just some kind of copy and paste bot or computer virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Oh my God Redshadowz. Stop.