Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,607,738 times

Advertisements

With a gun-grabber in the whitehouse embolding people to start calling to ban assault weapons, I have a question.

What makes this:

More dangerous than this:

They both put identical bullets downrange at identical velocities. Since F=ma, the damage caused by these rifles would be identical. Yet the top one is demonized because it "looks scary". Does that make any sense whatsoever??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM

45,026 posts, read 26,183,883 times
I look forward to the uneducated responses from the experts.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,286,911 times
"Assault weapon" was one of the dumbest memes ever from the left. It has no definition, and they don't even know what they mean when they say it. A 125-grain chunk of lead flying at 2500 fps is a 125-grain chunk of lead flying at 2500 fps. It doesn't matter whether it came out of a bolt action, lever action, or semi-auto action. The whole thing is prima facie evidence of how truly dumb the left is. Stick to talking about Kim Kardashian and Beyonce, lefties.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,180,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
With a gun-grabber in the whitehouse embolding people to start calling to ban assault weapons, I have a question.

What makes this:

More dangerous than this:

They both put identical bullets downrange at identical velocities. Since F=ma, the damage caused by these rifles would be identical. Yet the top one is demonized because it "looks scary". Does that make any sense whatsoever??
That's not completely true. A 5.56mm NATO SS109 M855 can't be fired in a .223 Rem weapon. It can/could blow it up. What makes the AR more dangerous? A well trained U.S. Marine. That civilian "hunting" rifle isn't in the same league.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 PM

Of course "Joe Blow" won't have that training.......

Community - What's New - Trijicon, Inc.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,909,003 times
I'd like to share 3 things and they are all related. Here they are:

1. A Hunting Rifle
2. An Assault Rifle and
3. A Tactical Paperclip

First, the paperclip. It's a Tactical Paperclip, not an ordinary one. What makes it so special? Well, it's black. And everyone know black is the official color of "tactical". And since "tactical" is a word we associate with extremes and aggressiveness, this paperclip obviously does a more extreme, aggressive job of holding sheets of paper together.

Now onto the rifles...like I said one is a hunting rifle, the other is an assault rifle. Can you see the differences? If you're not an idiot, you can immediately tell they are the exact SAME rifle. That's right I fooled you. Shame on me.

Both rifles are Ruger Mini-14 model .223 caliber semi-automatic carbines. Both shoot the same ammo, both load and fire the same, and both shoot the same speed, and take the same magazines; but uninformed idiots (liberals) will say the rifle on the bottom should be outlawed.

You can go to a gun store and buy the rifle on the top then buy a plastic stock like the one on the bottom and now you have an "assault rifle". SORRY, a "tactical assault rifle".

So here's what I want you to do...take some paperclips, spray paint them that cool textured black paint and keep a few in your pocket at all times. And then when you get in a fight with liberals about assault weapons, throw a few tactical paperclips his way and tell him the story.

1 Attached file| 85KB

Old 12-04-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'd like to share 3 things and they are all related. Here they are:

1. A Hunting Rifle
2. An Assault Rifle and
3. A Tactical Paperclip

First, the paperclip. It's a Tactical Paperclip, not an ordinary one. What makes it so special? Well, it's black. And everyone know black is the official color of "tactical". And since "tactical" is a word we associate with extremes and aggressiveness, this paperclip obviously does a more extreme, aggressive job of holding sheets of paper together.

Now onto the rifles...like I said one is a hunting rifle, the other is an assault rifle. Can you see the differences? If you're not an idiot, you can immediately tell they are the exact SAME rifle. That's right I fooled you. Shame on me.

Both rifles are Ruger Mini-14 model .223 caliber semi-automatic carbines. Both shoot the same ammo, both load and fire the same, and both shoot the same speed, and take the same magazines; but uninformed idiots (liberals) will say the rifle on the bottom should be outlawed.

You can go to a gun store and buy the rifle on the top then buy a plastic stock like the one on the bottom and now you have an "assault rifle". SORRY, a "tactical assault rifle".

So here's what I want you to do...take some paperclips, spray paint them that cool textured black paint and keep a few in your pocket at all times. And then when you get in a fight with liberals about assault weapons, throw a few tactical paperclips his way and tell him the story.

1 Attached file| 85KB

I'd actually say the bottom rifle can be more dangerous. Far more people would own one, and they can even be bought at garage sales with nothing other than the cash. The AR platform is going to be a lot more money and only sold where folks at least have a clue on who cannot buy one.

Marry Ann, the 90 year old widow doesn't care who she sells her husband's bolt action rifle to. She doesn't know any better and whoever brings the cash.

The AR OTOH being sold by Ed the 50 year old is smart enough to turn away buyers who aren't legit.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,057,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
That's not completely true. A 5.56mm NATO SS109 M855 can't be fired in a .223 Rem weapon. It can/could blow it up. What makes the AR more dangerous? A well trained U.S. Marine. That civilian "hunting" rifle isn't in the same league.

The standard bolt-action sniper rifle is based on a hunting rifle - the Remington M700

Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,607,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post

1 Attached file| 85KB
The attachment didn't come through, would you be so kind as to PM it to me? TIA...

Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I just got done shooting the Ruger .223 - I assaulted alot of targets with it . Love that rifle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies