Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Apart from the obvious prodding from you, which is not worth a response - Jay Z will fall into the top 2% and won't have much of an issue paying a fair percentage in line with the small industry of people he and Beyonce create jobs for.

Besides paying his taxes, Jay Z and his wife hire studio engineers, road crew, backing singers, dancers, management, marketing teams, wardrobe people, security, drivers, songwriters, musicians, graphic artists, web designers, caterers, cd manufacturers, printers, clothing designers, clothing manufacturers, video production crews, post production houses, and likely a nanny, a gardener, a chef, pilot and a housekeeper.

You know, they're actual job creators for actual working people. Lots of them. Got an issue with that?
LOL you could insert Mitt Romney's name in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
and what you fail to realize is that "Net Worth" doesn't equate "Net Income"!
He is estimated to be "worth" $500 million dollars but that doesn't mean he has "earned" that amount!
At least Jay-Z hasn't sheltered his income in Overseas accounts like Romney and has invested in his community.
Miami, you just figured out why "taxing the rich" will not help raise revenues. Most of the rich do not earn income, they have worth, which is not the same. If you want to tax the rich, and by rich I mean the real rich not the $250k DNC talking point, the name of the game is Tobin Tax

Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Oh please! hypocrisy at its best once again from a leftie.

Small businesses also hire and are job creators, but the nasty as& lefties want to belittle and demonize the ones whom have to lower pay or fire due to BO's terrible harming of small business owners in America.

But you sure will hail the black friend of BO whom makes his money singing - of all things - what contributor to society.
What does Jay Z being black have to do with anything?
And for the record not all of those on the left agree with the "tax the rich so the government can pass their money on to the poor" concept. I make too much money for the government to pass anything on to me

Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He has a net worth double that of Mitt Romney.

How much is too much?

After all, according to lefties, no one needs that much money.

He could and should (since he fully supports obama) donate 90% of that to the federal treasury.

Really? Please show where Congressional democrats, the President, or Jay-Z himself advocates a 90% tax rate.

At this point we're truly arguing over a few percentage points (again, all in a progressive tax bracket system that I'm not entirely convinced that many screaming righties on this board seem to understand --- I think because they actually never make it to the next bracket to understand how it works, they just pretend they make high incomes)..... not 90%, not 80%, probably not even to Reagan era tax rates!!!!

And yes, geniuses, "donating more to the government" voluntarily is not going to solve anything. Imagine if ALL taxes were "voluntary!"

Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Apart from the obvious prodding from you, which is not worth a response - Jay Z will fall into the top 2% and won't have much of an issue paying a fair percentage in line with the small industry of people he and Beyonce create jobs for.

Besides paying his taxes, Jay Z and his wife hire studio engineers, road crew, backing singers, dancers, management, marketing teams, wardrobe people, security, drivers, songwriters, musicians, graphic artists, web designers, caterers, cd manufacturers, printers, clothing designers, clothing manufacturers, video production crews, post production houses, and likely a nanny, a gardener, a chef, pilot and a housekeeper.

You know, they're actual job creators for actual working people. Lots of them. Got an issue with that?
Do they pay the "help" living wages?

BTW...I remember what a beatch bouncy was while in the hospital (in which she displaced some others, because she had to have a suite of rooms....you know....she's "better" than others) . She was very disruptive and treated the "little people" like trash while making unreasonable demands on them.

But I digress....shouldn't they put their money where their mouths are? Are their employees unionized, with full pensions and health insurance benefits?

Why do they have their CD's made in China?

And...jayz's money was earned by putting out trashy, violent, racist, anti-woman music.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
and what you fail to realize is that "Net Worth" doesn't equate "Net Income"!
He is estimated to be "worth" $500 million dollars but that doesn't mean he has "earned" that amount!
At least Jay-Z hasn't sheltered his income in Overseas accounts like Romney and has invested in his community.
And you know this how?

Another who doesn't understand what a blind trust is. Do you realize that nearly every union pension, 401K, and mutual fund account have holdings around the world?

Nah...only republicans do this.

Dum dum.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-06-2012 at 04:27 AM..

Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
What does Jay Z being black have to do with anything?
And for the record not all of those on the left agree with the "tax the rich so the government can pass their money on to the poor" concept. I make too much money for the government to pass anything on to me
That point is the center of obama's entire presidency.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Really? Please show where Congressional democrats, the President, or Jay-Z himself advocates a 90% tax rate.

At this point we're truly arguing over a few percentage points (again, all in a progressive tax bracket system that I'm not entirely convinced that many screaming righties on this board seem to understand --- I think because they actually never make it to the next bracket to understand how it works, they just pretend they make high incomes)..... not 90%, not 80%, probably not even to Reagan era tax rates!!!!

And yes, geniuses, "donating more to the government" voluntarily is not going to solve anything. Imagine if ALL taxes were "voluntary!"
In the words of obama himself...."At some point, you only need so much!" Is $50 million not enough for jayz and bouncy?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Do they pay the "help" living wages?

BTW...I remember what a beatch bouncy was while in the hospital (in which she displaced some others, because she had to have a suite of rooms....you know....she's "better" than others) . She was very disruptive and treated the "little people" like trash while making unreasonable demands on them.

But I digress....shouldn't they put their money where their mouths are? Are their employees unionized, with full pensions and health insurance benefits?

Why do they have their CD's made in China?

And...jayz's money was earned by putting out trashy, violent, racist, anti-woman music.
I'm sure they do pay their help living wages. And everybody else that works for them. And yes, some of them would be unionized, if they have a union.

And nice try dude, but the people they have on their tours and use in the studio get paid very well.

The musicians union, the stagehands union, etc etc, all make sure of that - and for the non union people, they use the caliber of person that demands a high rate by virtue of their skill. There's very little unskilled labor at that level of the industry. A lot are independent contractors, and would have no problem affording health insurance, as for their permanent employees, I wouldn't be surprised if they do have full benefits, and are extremely loyal.

Not to mention, the music industry is one industry where the product is still manufactured in America. And by product, I mean the music (writing and recording), the touring, the support staff, and whatnot.

The cd's themselves that are sold in America are most likely made in America, as there are several cd processing plants that can handle the volume and it makes no sense to make them in China and ship them back here - although, they would be distributed by the label in each country by that country's labels manufacturing chain - regardless, most of the distribution of the product is actually done digitally at this point, or delivered manually by online retailers such as Amazon, also American, if I'm not mistaken.

Unless they pick a creative from overseas for certain things, you can bet that the videos, the recordings, the dancers, the choreographers, the musicians and the majority of the people who make up their business are American, and the work is done in America and the content is produced in America.

After all, urban music is one of the disappearing uniquely American innovations of the last 35 years.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
LOL you could insert Mitt Romney's name in here.
Bull. Show me where Mitt Romney started on his own and built his brand up from nothing.

Mitt Romney doesn't produce anything.

Jay Z produces a product that people buy. What product did Mitt Romney ever invent and produce from scratch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies